14 - Javier Mascherano

SocalBarcaFan

The problem is that his off-days have been than once laterly, unfortunaly...

Umtiti has slowly but steady taken over his spot as a starter in the line-up.

And I think with his increasing age he should be fine with playing less. As others have said he still provides a lot to the club off the pitch. And He is still a great 3rd choice CB and if one of Pique or Umtiti got injured I wouldn't be scared at all with Masche taking their place. First time I could say I'm happy with our back up since the Abidal days.

PhilS

I though he looked really good in that 3 man backline. Any coach is going to want to have Pique, Umtiti and Masch on the field at the same time.

God Serena

I though he looked really good in that 3 man backline. Any coach is going to want to have Pique, Umtiti and Masch on the field at the same time.

He could concede a hattrick of own goals and people like this would still sing his praises lmao

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
^ Indeed, he was horrible against Leganés, both with and without the ball - when the match was still an open one, at least.

Altomonte

can you stop blaming Mascherano for not playing perfectly after a long trip home from Argentina and with jet lag? Blame the coaching staff, not Masch.

serghei

Nothing to do with form. He slipped. He was solid all game and saved our asses more than once in the first half.

bismp

Goal is not on him. He was on his back foot while Correa was in full run.

Still if he had stayed on his feet we probably wouldn't have conceded.If it was Malboro at his place,he would be getting tons of shit right now.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Still if he had stayed on his feet we probably wouldn't have conceded.If it was Malboro at his place,he would be getting tons of shit right now.

It's not like he dropped dead to the ground... The guy SLIPPED, if anything, he's having an awful run of bad luck, only highlighted by the passivity of midfield in that same exact play...

Remember he saved us with the score 0-0 and had an overall good game...

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Shit happens what can you do and it was actually Pique who came out of his defensive line and got nuttmeged by Correa first.

Home of Barca Fans