14 - Javier Mascherano

Richard.H

This may be an off topic question but when does the transfer window close? I really want Barca to sign a DM. However, I don't think it will be Mascherano because like someone else mentioned, Guardiola wouldn't bench Busquets.

Also, I don't think none of the canteranos will be able to cover for the DM position. Do you guys really think JDS can really be a DM? I honestly don't think so.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Let us see how he does against dribblers. There have been times where Mascherano has been rolled over but that was a couple of years ago. I like him a lot, I was hoping he'd go to Inter to partner Cambiasso. That would have been a delicious midfielder. Nothing was going past these two. Makes you wonder how idiotic Maradona was.

Barcafan 2304

This may be an off topic question but when does the transfer window close? I really want Barca to sign a DM. However, I don't think it will be Mascherano because like someone else mentioned, Guardiola wouldn't bench Busquets.

Also, I don't think none of the canteranos will be able to cover for the DM position. Do you guys really think JDS can really be a DM? I honestly don't think so.

Midnight on 31st August....and not a day to soon lol

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
It's normal, he is destroyer in the midfield, they often are booked more often then other players...

I am certain he will leave thoguh, most probably Inter, maybe Barca, but will leave Pool for sure.. He is not ever registered for Europa League, so...

Co0ter

We really don't need to sign anymore players.

That's an interesting view. So we sold Chyg and Toure, and let Marquez go. So we're short two CBs and a DM and you think we dont need to sign anyone? Interesting indeed.

Perhaps we'll play all season with only Pique/Puyol/Milito rotating. We could rotate Abidal into middle too..I guess this season just isn't that important.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
That's an interesting view. So we sold Chyg and Toure, and let Marquez go. So we're short two CBs and a DM and you think we dont need to sign anyone? Interesting indeed.

Perhaps we'll play all season with only Pique/Puyol/Milito rotating. We could rotate Abidal into middle too..I guess this season just isn't that important.

well we have a youth squad for a reason, look its not like we are gonna put them in the team with no support like in the copa clash with seville, they will have messi, xavi, pique, ineista out there so it will make their transition much easier, i think 1 signing is needed b4 the transfer window

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor

We have Puyol, Pique, Milito, and Caceres that can play in the middle as well as whatever youth we have and Abidal in case of an emergency. Also we no longer need to use Puyol as a RB since we signed Adriano. Our youth is good enough to be backup for Busquets, and in case of an emergency Pique can play as a DM like he did when he played for Zaragoza. If you just want to fill up all the spots with superstars instead of trusting the best youth in the world, you can go back to playing Football Manager for all I care. :rolleyes:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
marquez and chygrynskiy's contributions last season can be replicated (or even improved on) by the cantera.

and then jona n' t-bone are likely to step into the CM breech.

it's pivot that is the concern.

sukhy

maybe Keita will start playing in the holding midfield role, he runs too much but he could be a beast if he played there

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
TV3 and sport are reporting that pep has green lite the masch plan.

1q3n92.jpg

Home of Barca Fans