Lliga | Round 1: Athletic Bilbao - FC Barcelona 1-0

Obiaseti

Losing to Pep is nice and all but we need to get knocked out by a weak team or hammered by Madrid. That'll be the only way to finally get rid of Valverde.

blueandclaret

Losing to Pep is nice and all but we need to get knocked out by a weak team or hammered by Madrid. That'll be the only way to finally get rid of Valverde.
I don’t think another Roma will be enough for this board to finally sack Valverde. Unfortunately I think it will take a trophyless season.

Zidane82

Rakitic for Alena. I guess Alena had his chance.

Alena was arguably our best first half performer , Valve should have taken the ever useless Roberto off

Just sub carles perez already ffs

Perez came on .. stood on the right touch line , had two touches of the ball - both unpressurised 5 yard backpasses

Great goal tbh. :D

One of the goals of the season ... already .

Raul Garcia is such an incredible twat.

He’s in my top 5 of thuggish players I hate .
His first touch was after about 80 seconds when he went in late on FDJ , straight through him from behind . Ref never said a word to him .
Late on when we had a corner he jumped into Pique then fell to the floor holding his face . Joker

300m in dembele and griezmann and they cant even get a shot on target. Gr8 business

So many poor performances .., only people who did well are FDJ , Alena and Mats. Alba , Griezman, Dembele , Suarez and Roberto were rubbish

I can‘t undestand what‘s going on. It‘s obvious that this team plays whithout tactics whitout selfconfidence and even whitout Charakter. I have never seen such a soulless and uninspired display from our Team in the First Match of a Season. Valverde gives absolutly nothing to them. As a Coach it has to be your purpose to improve every single player in your Squad. In the last 2 years none of them has improved. Its stagnation with Players getting older and older. None of them developing. Just think of Young Players when a coach like Klopp trains a Team for a while. Young Players getting stronger and stronger. We try to compensate the Lack of Development By stupid Transfers. Its so sad. Its like watching our Team copying Real Madrid
Spot on ^ this ^

Just about every player under Klopp and Pepe have improved - many very noticeably !

Leo_Messi

Utter garbage. Zero intensity. Zero movement. No tactical cohesion. Players played out of position (Griezmann). Valverde trying to reinvent the wheel using the same players that have failed to convince time and time again.

Basically "Barça a lo Valverde".

Truly pathetic stuff. This is supposed to be the most expensive squad in the world.

If Malmierda's plan is to play Griezmann on the "left", we might as well loan him out next year for 20€ million to PSG as he won't succeed in such a limited role for him.

Players like Roberto add nothing. I have no clue what coaches see in him. Such a limited midfielder. Rafinha is/was lightyears ahead of him tonight which should tell everything.

Natural and easy to blame Malmierda but as I have been saying for years, the biggest and most obvious culprit is the cancerous board and their complete and utter lack of a sporting project. Criminal that Malmierda lasted for more than 1 season when it is plain obvious that he is the antithesis of Barça and the Cruyff model or whatever is left of it at the club. Which is another grave problem altogether.
That Roma game should have resulted in a contract termination the following summer.

I would like to know a single player that has improved under Malmierda in the past 2 years? Anyone? What exactly is our system? Is it to be the most static, limited and boring team compared to what the club has been spending on players and their salaries and the same players abilities. Granted, many of our players are a shadow of themselves but nobody is going to convince me that an actual manager would not have done significantly better. At least some kind of useful "legacy" of some sort or something as simple as a coherent and recognizable playing style could have been developed.

I don't recall being this apathetic about the team ever.Not even during the dark years under Gaspart (5 seasons without a single trophy) that I recall from my early childhood, felt this badly for some strange reason. The 2 CL humiliations in a row and the fashion in which they occurred are not helping at all either.

Last edited:

underoath

Banned
What do you think he is to blame for? He played EXACTLY the forum dream lineup. You think another coach with the same players will suddenly do 2 tiers better?

Someone seen Dembélé and Semedo anywhere? Rafinha more dangerous in 5 minutes than "wouldn't trade Neymar for him" 140 mil guy.

What do you expect from fanboys here, they always have a prepare excuse if their fave players failed "Valverde".

underoath

Banned
Will be one of the most deserving losses I saw under Valverde so far. Not mad at all for losing this one. Fuck Valverde, fuck this board and fuck the players supporting them.

😂 But not fuck the players that you love to stay in the club. So every win it's because of the players, but if they lose it's because of Valverde. Good Job

jairzinho

What do you think he is to blame for? He played EXACTLY the forum dream lineup. You think another coach with the same players will suddenly do 2 tiers better?

Someone seen Dembélé and Semedo anywhere? Rafinha more dangerous in 5 minutes than "wouldn't trade Neymar for him" 140 mil guy.

Ernesto 'Clueless' Valverde is to blame. It doesn't matter who he plays, HIS favourites or the 'FORUM' favourites. Differernt players same SHIT.

The last time he played HIS favourites we lost to Liverpool and Valencia in back to back games with Messi and everyone else available.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I actually didn't like that line-up when it came out, I mean c'mon Athletic is a such a physical team and you put Sergi Roberto-Frankie-Alena midfield. A better combination can be found in Arthur-Busi-Frankie, for example, 3 players who can actually pass, that would have been interesting. Not sure why Arthur and Vidal were left out of squad list. Instead we had a weak midfield, who couldn't pass and had 0 chemistry and on top of that we had front 3 who are turnover machines.

FC B

Utter garbage. Zero intensity. Zero movement. No tactical cohesion. Players played out of position (Griezmann). Valverde trying to reinvent the wheel using the same players that have failed to convince time and time again.

Truly pathetic stuff. This is supposed to be the most expensive squad in the world.

If Malmierda's plan is to play Griezmann on the "left", we might as well loan him out next year for 20€ million to PSG as he won't succeed in such a limited role for him.

Players like Roberto add nothing. I have no clue what coaches see in him. Such a limited midfielder. Rafinha is/was lightyears ahead of him tonight which should tell everything.

Natural and easy to blame Malmierda but as I have been saying for years, the biggest and most obvious culprit is the cancerous board and their complete and utter lack of a sporting project. Criminal that Malmierda lasted for more than 1 season when it is plain obvious that he is the antithesis of Barça and the Cruyff model or whatever is left of it at the club. Which is another grave problem altogether.
That Roma game should have resulted in a contract termination the following summer.

I would like to know a single player that has improved under Malmierda in the past 2 years? Anyone? What exactly is our system? Is it to be the most static, limited and boring team compared to what the club has been spending on players and their salaries and the same players abilities. Granted, many of our players are a shadow of themselves but nobody is going to convince me that an actual manager would not have done significantly better. At least some kind of useful "legacy" of some sort or something as simple as a coherent and recognizable playing style could have been developed.

I don't recall being this apathetic about the team ever.Not even during the dark years under Gaspart (5 seasons without a single trophy) that I recall from my early childhood, felt this badly for some strange reason. The 2 CL humiliations in a row and the fashion in which they occurred are not helping at all either.

+1

raskolnikov

Great post, sums it up perfectly and its the sentiment most fans have I think.
Only thing I would like to add is the players actually want this.
100% sure of their position,good salaries an comfortable lifestyles.
Ite must be very frustrating for an ambitious young guy like de jong to walk into this mess.

Im mostly dissapointed in Messi of all players. He is the only player to always play and should be most fed up about the whole situation while having the power to change it whenever he wants yet despite being captain he remained silent and caved into the whole comfortability over ambition thing to keep playing with his friends despite the consequences.
No reason to feel sorry for any of them.

As fans we can only wait it out. Eventuelly Valverde and the board will be gone. Only hope its not another one of the Rosell and friends but rather of the cruyff line.

That brings up another problem. If its all to keep Rosell and friends in power so they can enrich themselves trough all the other side projects it means they keep Valverde since the old voting cule’s will only look at la liga and beating Madrid to see a season as succesfull.
Valverde thanks to Messi and Madrids meltdown has done great in this regard without actually doing much himself.
To get rid of him soon we might need to be manita’d by Madrid...

PhilS

Greizmann is not playing well with his teammates yet. He should get better, particularly when he plays with talented forwards like Messi and Suarez.

It's interesting how little criticism there is of Semedo. If PSG will take him, goodbye. Semedo is not a good player, on offense he is bad. The ball dies when it goes to him, his offensive game is never going to improve. His man scored the winning goal, again, just like too many games late last season. Without him, the team will be light at RB this season, but the future is not Semedo. Just not Barca quality.

Frenkie looked good at times, but he does not get the ball into the attack well yet. Maybe he should not play full time for the first couple of months.

Messi and Suarez are the talent of this team. Missing them both, this is not a CL squad. You can blame the manager, but it is hard for any team to play well when so many mediocre players are starting, lacking the supertalents who can save the day.

Keep Rafinha.

LMTR14

Dembele , Griezman and Coutinho will go down in history as the biggest waste of cash in world football.

lil early to bash griezman, right now he has zero chemistry with the rest of the team but that certainly will improve over time, esp. when messi is back

dembele needs a special mentioning though, amazing how fuckawful he was

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans