Ernesto Valverde

The Observer

It's funny cause it's true. :lol:

Then explain yourself.

When players have the wrong attitude in two CL away games in a row, that's purely on the manager. That means he doesn't prepare the match well. The most important part of match preparation is making sure the players have the right a) attitude, b) tactics, and c) fitness level required to perform to the required level. Lucho has done a piss poor job on all three.

Football fans and their famous attention span. :)

Devils

It's funny cus Lucho got absolutely destroyed on this forum 2 years ago.

I randomly browsed through the Lucho thread for 10 minutes.

Now the same guy who in 2017 said that the team was very average bar the attack, had no identitiy, a non-existent midfield and was unbalanced and disjointed suddenly argues with me that Barca is actually great. After team lost Neymar, Iniesta, Alves, Umtiti and everyone else got 2 years older. You couldn't make it up. :)

Except we've spent over 500m on transfers since 2017, clown. And most of that was on young players.

But continue to defend a manager that still uses that same midfield and attack that those posts from 2017 were criticizing despite having other options. :lol:

You're only further proving my point that even after spending so much money on players since 2017, our clueless manager still opts for the same old shit.

Btw I never said this Barca team was 'great'. But it is certainly has the quality to prevent the historically humiliating 3-0 and 4-0 defeats in Rome and Liverpool respectively.
'
We have our clueless shithouse manager to thank for that though. ;)

Marshall D Teach

Lucho certainly had his flaws and wasn't world class but he was leagues better than this cowardly shitstain.

At least he wouldn't give the seniors a free ride.

Last edited:

serghei

Then explain yourself.

Football fans and their famous attention span. :)

Lol, how does Lucho and his obvious flaws (like getting lumberjack smoker Jeremy fucking Matthieu to defend Cuadrado, one of the fastest and most agile players in the world) change the fact that he was also bold and positive, while Valverde looks like a coward and a negative manager every time he opens his mouth in a press conference?

In fact, I often said neither manager we had post Guardiola was a lot better than just decent. Look it up. Lucho was still 1 level above Valverde. He was actually borderline ok if not for his tactical flaws and issues motivating the players towards the end of his tenure at Barcelona.

Btw, I'd take Lucho back right now instead of Valverde in an instant. Yes, he wasn't a very good tactician, but he got plenty of other things right. Under him last season, not to mention this season, no way does Rakitic get more than a squad player role. He was already on the outs when the alternative was Gomes. Imagine now, with Arthur and Frenkie lined up.

Lucho actually made some steps towards replacing some of the veterans but the transfers and some of the players he approved were really bad (like Arda). Now the quality is considerably higher as we have better younger players, but the manager a veteran-loving idiot. We never seem to get these two right.

I tell you, these ridiculous Valverde apologists sound like they're all plastic puppets assembled on a Chinese boat.

Last edited:

The Observer

Except we've spent over 500m on transfers since 2017, clown. And most of that was on young players.

But continue to defend a manager that still uses that same midfield and attack that those posts from 2017 were criticizing despite having other options. :lol:

You're only further proving my point that even after spending so much money on players since 2017, our clueless manager still opts for the same old shit.

Btw I never said this Barca team was 'great'. But it is certainly has the quality to prevent the historically humiliating 3-0 and 4-0 defeats in Rome and Liverpool respectively.
'
We have our clueless shithouse manager to thank for that though. ;)

Very dishonest post.

Bought Lenglet who is doing well but is still inferior talent to what Umtiti used to be.

Bought Coutinho who is inferior to what Iniesta used to be and has no real position in modern football.

Bought Dembélé who is inferior to what Neymar used to be and constantly injured.

Bought Semedo who is inferior to what Alves used to be.

Rest of the team got older and declined further.

Only Arthur helped in midfield but still does not outweigh decline of Rakitic and Busquets and Iniesta loss.

Defense and midfield is even worse than 2017 and attack lost Neymar and Suarez is much worse. And you already called the team "average bar attack" in 2017.

If you would be honest you would know this is the truth. If you are dishonest you will try to argue around it with money spent. Spending many Euros on worse players doesn't help your logic though, Euros don't play on the pitch.

Givenchy

Valverde will last until Barto is gone.. sadly. if Anfield wasnt enough, no way is this guy getting sacked - they'll give him another contract this year

Devils

Very dishonest post.

Bought Lenglet who is doing well but is still inferior talent to what Umtiti used to be.

Bought Coutinho who is inferior to what Iniesta used to be and has no real position in modern football.

Bought Dembélé who is inferior to what Neymar used to be and constantly injured.

Bought Semedo who is inferior to what Alves used to be.

Rest of the team got older and declined further.

Only Arthur helped in midfield but still does not outweigh decline of Rakitic and Busquets and Iniesta loss.

Defense and midfield is even worse than 2017 and attack lost Neymar and Suarez is much worse. And you already called the team "average bar attack" in 2017.

If you would be honest you would know this is the truth. If you are dishonest you will try to argue around it with money spent. Spending many Euros on worse players doesn't help your logic though, Euros don't play on the pitch.

Delusional post.

Spending the much money on players but still playing Suarez, Pique, Alba, Rakitic, Busi, Roberto for one 40+ games a season and always starting them does back-up my logic.

It doesn't matter how those players compare to elite players like Iniesta, Alves and Neymar.

The reality is:

-Roberto is a trash but Valverde insists on playing him over a much superior defensive RB in Semedo.
-Busi and Raktic are garbage midfielders but are consistently chosen over Arthur and Vidal and soon to be FDJ too.
-Suarez has been fucking atrocious in the CL for 4 years now but Malcolm and Dembele are rotting on the bench while Suarez still gets to play every CL game and play 50 times a years because that moron can't get a hint.
-BTW no point comparing Coutinho to Iniesta seeing as EV thinks he's a winger for some reason, another genius decision from the master tactician.

Back in 2017 Barcelona didn't have much young talent in their squad, now it has much more but that crock of shit manager is too much of a coward to use any of it.

SMH.

Last edited:

serghei

That's what people said before the first extension...

If Valverde wins La Liga and improves in the CL, which is at minimum a better result than last year, even if he stays 1 more year it is not a tragedy.

Valverde no way will survive another heavy loss in the Champions League, not to mention a season where he fails to win at least La Liga. He would've been gone this season as well, but he just cruised to the La Liga title without any serious competition, and Bartmoeu use that as an excuse not to sack him.

Only thing that is keeping this guy for 2020/2021 is at least another La Liga. It is going to be way tougher with this refreshed hungry Madrid with Zidane instead of Lopetegui / Solari.

abbbs97

I see Valverde being gone next season and Koeman to take over after the Euro. I think if Koeman was available this year (he wasnt cause he said he wanted to stay with the Dutch team for the Euro), then EV would've been gone and Koeman would've replaced him.

soul24rage

I see Valverde being gone next season and Koeman to take over after the Euro. I think if Koeman was available this year (he wasnt cause he said he wanted to stay with the Dutch team for the Euro), then EV would've been gone and Koeman would've replaced him.

Totally understandable that Koeman wants to stay with the Dutch NT until the Euros is over. I just wonder, after the Euros, if Koeman wants to lead the team to the WC 22 or lead Barca. He would be my pick when EV is gone.

Home of Barca Fans