Ernesto Valverde

serghei

The defensive organization of the red team is abysmal though. Segunda level or worse. It's hard to imagine how these managers would do against some of the best teams in Europe.

George_Costanza

The defensive organization of the red team is abysmal though. Segunda level or worse. It's hard to imagine how these managers would do against some of the best teams in Europe.

Why would you think their defense is bad? Currently, they are 4th best defense in Superliga Argentina. Simeone's first season as a manager in Europe ATM was the best defense in La Liga and Europe. Tata's only season at Barca resulted in us being a second-best defense in La Liga behind ATM, despite having Pinto as our main goalkeeper for few months. IN the UCL group stage we were a second-best defense in the tournament behind ATM and Chelsea. In KO, we conceded 1 goal in two legs against City and 2 goals in two legs against ATM.

Now compare the above results to results we got under coaches like Lucho and Valverde.

El Guaje

Bartomeu

"This season we have brought in young players who have to help us get through those stages. We think that Valverde is the ideal coach to lead this blending of a generation of players of a certain age who have been so successful with that of up-and-coming players."

"It is important to create this bond, this union, to make a new team and this new group that will carry Barça forward. And Valverde has this ability."

[The Associated Press]

I hope we lose every game for the rest of the season. And that CR7 winns the ballon dor aswell.

Sorin

That and their press was atrocious. When they started pressing the distance between the forward line and their mid was 30 meters. River had a piss weak opposition in getting out of their box.

I don't watch River to have any informed opinion om them or Gallardo but that instance was not "Champagne" football imo.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5LGLaQIqrY

This is champagne football and true one touch passing. River's backline and midfield dwelled on the ball for ages and the opposition's press was disastrous. In fact, we've been dwelling on the ball in build-up since like 2016. So Gallardo isn't fixing that.

It seems most people who want EV out looking for another figure that is more like a polished version of Valverde like Koeman. If Gallardo isn't fixing it then coaches like Koeman will take us further away from this Champagne football.

serghei

That and their press was atrocious. When they started pressing the distance between the forward line and their mid was 30 meters. River had a piss weak opposition in getting out of their box.

I don't watch River to have any informed opinion om them or Gallardo but that instance was not "Champagne" football imo.

Same here. I can't say anything about River Plate and their manager since I don't watch South American football at all.

jamrock

For all those who don't understand the importance of a competent coach & how much difference they make in the performance of players and the team in general.

Just look a freaking Leicester freaking city.

I hate this man and board so freaking much

Givenchy

mark my words. we'll have an upswing in results and this guy will be given another contract extension early next year.

bismp

Terrible football once again.The only way to win matches these days is for Leo to spam free kicks.

Tackle

Guillermo Amor (director of institutional and sporting relations)

"Valverde is a great guy, a great professional and everyone is delighted with him; I think there isn't much else to say."

Boss is going nowhere this season. May as well cheer the team on and hope for victories.

George_Costanza

Guillermo Amor (director of institutional and sporting relations)

"Valverde is a great guy, a great professional and everyone is delighted with him; I think there isn't much else to say."

Boss is going nowhere this season. May as well cheer the team on and hope for victories.

Quote me later on. The day this incompetent manager is leaving is the day when Tackle stops posting in this forum.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Amor was noone as well. Fringe player who was among few of hundreds of former players who would join to work under this board.

Home of Barca Fans