Lionel Messi - v7

Givenchy

Our biggest asset has become our biggest problem

RW, false 9, ST in a 442, midfield.. where do you play this version of Messi without destroying the entire teams shape? every season its the same shit.

its painful to watch him drop deeper and deeper.. attempt a dribble, lose the ball and stand there whilst his team mates bust a gut to get it back. when was the last time Messi actually dribbled 4-5 players and put the ball in the net? because right now thats what we are relying on a 33 year old Messi to do

Fati_Future_BallonDor

A running Messi gives this team hope. We already saw it in the past but how a team can rely on one man ? Beside Messi, De Jong, Puig, Fati this team is trash and I think after this loss the most of them know it.

vuji_31

This team and players are born to be ***** by high pressing from Bayer,Liverpool and City.
Even Roma.

So slow,poor stamina , old, and playing without both wings which is main weapon of every team in the world

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
But that's down to poor management. Messi has a lot of influence but in the end he doesn't run the club, its more like poor or lack of management has let him run the club in the last few years. If Messi doesn't feel comfortable with the players or system, he has a clause to leave at t he end of each year. But we should be looking to force him out, lets never forget what he has done for the club.

I think everyone will be pandering to Messi, a new manager, a new sporting director, Victor Font or Bartomeu, no matter who runs the club. As long as he is still here, his wishes carry a lot of weight and the club will just let him have his ways.

Nobody is talking about forcing him out, I don't think so, I for one am against selling him (not that anybody will be able to afford to buy him), I think we should just let him leave if wants to. Definitely not offering him a huge salary bump in a renewal though.

Honestly, I wouldn't blame him if he wants to leave. This is just too much and whats worse, it's bound to happen again next season as soon as we face a serious opposition in the CL.

kattanib

Honestly, I wouldn't blame him if he wants to leave. This is just too much and whats worse, it's bound to happen again next season as soon as we face a serious opposition in the CL.

Lets be straight and direct. Him leaving will give us a great financial benefit that can be used to build the team; both the fee we will sell him for the and saving we make from his salary.

Horatio

You're welcome
Want him to stay but also want him to take a wagecut. He?s earning too much and disrupts the wage model and hurts the club.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lets be straight and direct. Him leaving will give us a great financial benefit that can be used to build the team; both the fee we will sell him for the and saving we make from his salary.

He'll not go for a big transfer fee. He'll either leave for free or a small fee.

KingLeo10

Next season he's gonna be 34. Give one last effort in La Liga and maybe retire with a big trophy.

Meh.

He's won enough. And we're not in the business of rosy retirements.

I personally want to experience a season where we won't get hammered in the CL. If we had put 11 runners on the pitch today, the scoreline would have been 5-1 (their own goal). Like how it was when prime Barca played mid table LL teams who'd run their lungs out. We literally managed to perform worse than that.

Him and the vets not giving the required physical effort is no longer acceptable.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Messi doesnt want to go anywhere else and is flexing to get his own way.

He and his chum most likely plan on Suarez being there for next couple seasons and becoming Barcas second top scorer.

Get rid of amigos and offer Messi a contract extension on drastically reduced salary.

serghei

Meh.

He's won enough. And we're not in the business of rosy retirements.

I personally want to experience a season where we won't get hammered in the CL. If we had put 11 runners on the pitch today. The scoreline would have been 5-1 (their own goal). Like how it was when prime Barca played mid table LL teams. We literally managed to perform worse than that.

Him and the vets not giving the required physical effort is no longer acceptable.

No complains from me.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Yes and no. He will free up a big chunk of wage money but without him we probably will be less appealing to our sponsors and advertisers etc. so our revenues might take a hit, at least in the short run.

However, we are not a club with the No.1 goal being making money so it makes sense to let him leave if he wants to.

Home of Barca Fans