Lionel Messi - v7

Jadentheman

They can start up La Liga again by June, but be prepared for empty stadium matches. That will be common. Also all teams will probably play in one place to cut back on travel

serghei

Little to no chance. US started opening up partially and cases and deaths are going back up.

Spain will likely see similar IMO.

I thought this is somewhat assumed. I mean it's obvious cases are going up when you lift some measures. This can't be reason not to do it, or else you will never go back to at least semi-normalcy. Cases will go up, but if the system is not overloaded, lock-down shouldn't be kept in place.

I think states with lockdown have set themselves too ambitious goals regarding this. Lock-down was supposed to buy you time to get ready and make sure the medical system can cope with new cases flow, not kill the virus.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I thought this is somewhat assumed. I mean it's obvious cases are going up when you lift some measures. This can't be reason not to do it, or else you will never go back to at least semi-normalcy.

I think states with lockdown have set themselves too ambitious goals regarding this. Lock-down was supposed to buy you time to get ready and make sure the medical system can cope with new cases flow, not kill the virus.

I would also say sports are pretty low on the totem pole on what we need to have in a functioning society so even if we do open up to whatever extent by June, I doubt there'll be a La Liga as we know it (even without the fans in stadiums) anytime soon.

serghei

I would also say sports are pretty low on the totem pole on what we need to have in a functioning society so even if we do open up to whatever extent by June, I doubt there'll be a La Liga as we know it (even without the fans in stadiums) anytime soon.

Depends on the country. I would say sport is an industry generating a lot of money and jobs in Spain for example. Plus, the key, vital sectors, weren't shut down I think.

At least in my country, all important segments of industry were kept in place running almost at normal capacity.

serghei

He needs 1 more CL to erase that Liverpool disasterclass. Would be nice for him to win one as captain. Needs to let go of his old friends and start getting more close to the youngsters.

Andresito

Staff member
Back at the training facilities.

EXVaOHiUEAEuvw1

Richard.H

5 years ago Messi broke Boateng's career and whole internet with the masterclass of masterclass

This match still sends chills down my spine. That 2nd goal I could watch over and over again, for the rest of my life. It's such a simple move that turn, but he does it so quickly and efficiently that it even makes a world class defender drop on his back.

Boateng and Neuer were never the same after this match. Messi completely killed their confidence.

Home of Barca Fans