Ousmane Dembélé

Jadentheman

In the final year of his contract to only sell him for peanuts? Would be foolish

Cut losses and sell now

Other clubs would want a loan deal for a year then purchase on the cheap. It?s lost money anyway. I still can?t believe the board spent 300+ million on three players that have yet to contribute anything within three (probably four) seasons

snowy

Can someone aware me of how much we actually paid for him ? Is there any 100% source or close to that ?

Forbes has it as USD 170.1 mil

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomsanderson/2020/09/29/ousmane-dembele-close-to-joining-manchester-united-from-fc-barcelona-report-claims/#4dc2c8cd2e41

Originally joining from Borussia Dortmund, for a monstrous fee of USD 105mn ($123.2mn) plus ?40mn ($46.9mn) in add-ons

and Transfermarkt US shows US151.80 mil

OUZ-T.jpg

Would perso rather keep him as he looks fit. Just have Commando pull a Bielsa move and confine OuzmanWhozDaMan to the isolation ward in the Camp Nou Barracks. Order the sentinelles to shoot the toxic entourage on sight.

If really must go on Loan, then pls let be Bayernn where he can hone his speed skills alongside Phonzie or Pool. Klopp likes him a lot and he'd be the ideal coach to identify and help the areas where he needs most improvement.

Dude's ceiling so high we need binoculars to see it. Prob is how to catapult him up there :thinking:

Having said that, Koemann comes with a class group of trainers as well

Porque

Loan without an obligatory buy clause is a risky move for a player ending their contract in 2022 (look at Rafinha, unwilling to move and willing to sit on in the stands for a year on his Barca wage).

We either go all in or all out with Dembele- or loan and renew.

But this news suggests that Koeman sees Dembele for the left side and not the right side. Which means he would value Depay as the backup/rotation with Fati more than Dembele.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Konrad, GOATwaite or even G-spot can be depth at winger positions. Offloading his wages before he gets injured again is more important. I'd loan him if anyone is willing to take him.

He would be sitting on the bench with United/Bayern. I would rather send him somewhere where he is a potential starter immediately.

Home of Barca Fans