Ousmane Dembélé

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He isn't garbage, he was a top player in Germany. He is just not suited for our slow and positional style.
Same story with Coutinho.

Klopp makes Hendersons appear world-class whereas Valverde manages to ruin top players from Bundesliga and EPL.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
He isn't garbage, he was a top player in Germany. He is just not suited for our slow and positional style.

Klopp makes Hendersons appear world-class whereas Valverde manages to ruin top players from Bundesliga and EPL.

Sorry bro, he is garbage. He couldn't trap a bag of cement.

vlad

Bundesliga is not that strong, and at dortmund there isnt such pressure like at barca, check paco alcacer, while he was at barca, fans compared him with munir.

Neeraj

I don't think it's as black and white as people here seem to make it out to be.

Yes, it's true that Dembele has disappointed with some of his decision making, ball control, etc. which you can attribute to the player.

However, it's very clear that managers make a huge difference for some kind of players and having a stick of margarine as coach is no doubt hindering his development. A coach who knows something about tactics and player development would be giving Dembele specific feedback on what he should be doing in attacking situations, what he should work on to improve, etc. Just look at the Liverpool team, you have absolute memes like Milner and Henderson as midfield engines behind the CL winning team. Think about that for a second. Until now, they were mocked as absolute garbage EPL players.

Now think about what a good coach like Pep or Klopp would achieve with the raw talent that Dembele does have - a lot more than what this stick man is achieving. As much as Dembele is disappointing, and as much as he could improve by himself, haters have to understand how big an impact (albeit a negative one) Valverde is actually having on this kid.

henias

Sorry bro, he is garbage. He couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Isn't garbage, funny coming from one who defends Valverde all day. A garbage couldnt have bagged that much crucial goals and assists.

Like what Bojan said, he would be perfect for Liverpool and Klopp would love to take him under his wing. Their style, motivation and intensity. It would take hella lot of guidance to mold him into a complete player people yearn but clearly in Barca thats not the case.

I would gladly see the club sell him but clearly reluctant to do so because they know he has talent, unfortunately and ironically, they trust EV to do it. I would pay to see him leave, he's just wasting his time where he could be developed in a different way.

serghei

Bundesliga is not that strong, and at dortmund there isnt such pressure like at barca, check paco alcacer, while he was at barca, fans compared him with munir.

Paco was a striker with pedigree in La Liga, and always tough to handle when we played Valencia. He barely had a chance at Barcelona and he actually scored some nice goals.

Laplacian

I don't think it's as black and white as people here seem to make it out to be.

Yes, it's true that Dembele has disappointed with some of his decision making, ball control, etc. which you can attribute to the player.

However, it's very clear that managers make a huge difference for some kind of players and having a stick of margarine as coach is no doubt hindering his development. A coach who knows something about tactics and player development would be giving Dembele specific feedback on what he should be doing in attacking situations, what he should work on to improve, etc. Just look at the Liverpool team, you have absolute memes like Milner and Henderson as midfield engines behind the CL winning team. Think about that for a second. Until now, they were mocked as absolute garbage EPL players.

Now think about what a good coach like Pep or Klopp would achieve with the raw talent that Dembele does have - a lot more than what this stick man is achieving. As much as Dembele is disappointing, and as much as he could improve by himself, haters have to understand how big an impact (albeit a negative one) Valverde is actually having on this kid.

See with Dembele I vehemently disagree his "problems" can be reduced by a high class coach. I've mentioned this before, but his way of handling and shielding the ball, erratic passing/shooting, and running into crowds was a thing back in Dortmund as well. I think the MAJOR difference was Tuchel maximised Dembele's strengths to a point where people paid little attention to his faults and simply dismissed it as being raw and claiming it'll be fixed over time.

[youtube]gmB5iMD-nQ8[/youtube]

He actually doesn't make any simple passing mistakes here, but just look at how he handles the ball - it's the same way he handles the ball under Valverde. His decision making during the game shows the same kind of erratic trend we see under Valverde. I'm arguing that these are genuinely inherent faults, and not something that can be controlled by the quality of coaching.

It's just a weird excuse, considering we have so many other players being composed with the ball in Valverde's team. Even with bad and ineffective players like Coutinho, the ball still "sticks" to their feet. I repeat, it's an issue of technique and/or mentality (maybe he panics a lot? i don't know). I just don't see it productive to blame Valverde on this, there's a lot we can blame him for but this isn't it...

BBZ8800

Isn't garbage, especially coming from one who defends Valverde all day. A garbage couldnt have bagged that much crucial goals and assists.

Like what Bojan said, he would be perfect for Liverpool and Klopp would love to take him under his wing. Their style, motivation and intensity. It would take hella lot of guidance to mold him into a complete player people yearn but clearly in Barca thats not the case.

I would gladly see the club sell him but clearly reluctant to do so because they know he has talent, unfortunately and ironically, they trust EV to do it. I would pay to see him leave, he's just wasting his time where he could be developed in a different way.

Liverpool this, Liverpool that.

Can you imagine any other top club where Dembele could play?
I can't.

Yes, EV is bad.
But Dembele himself is a kind of player who can't adjust to lots of different styles.
He is like Busquets of attackers. Except that Busquets was at least good in that one particular system.
He could (in theory) play well only for a club like Dortmund or Liverpool who play crazy counterattacking football with lots of running and where there is tons of space on speedy counters.

So, basically, Dembele needs:
1. a specific club with a specific tactics, so 1-2 clubs in the world
2. that club needs to have EITHER Pep or Klopp who will mentor him, take his hand, guide his every step and fix 2000 tactical flaws in his game
3. on top of it, he needs to stay injury free for a longer time
4. and a coach needs to play him all the time in order to give a poor kid a confidence, because if you'll be subbing a poor kid, he will usually need like 6 Months to actually find his form again
So, everything needs to be perfect and you'll have to adjust your whole world in taking Dembele's hand and guiding him.

So, yes, EV, Rakitic and Suarez "ruined" Dembele's development at Barca, but a kid has like 2000 random flaws.

And yes, every player needs some guidance from a good coach.
But with this kid, it seems that you literally have to write every single move on board and talk to him 50 times during a match so that he could actually improve some things in his play.

:rolleyes:

In 4-5 years, I doubt that he will be playing even at Arsenal.
I really have no idea what his level will be one day.

Last edited:

MagIX

I remember Götze (to Bayern München) and Kagawa (to MU) at Dortmund, they looked like future golden ball winners....

Home of Barca Fans