Barca Transfers and Rumors

malvolio

Can’t think many neutrals would agree with you !

Only FDJ would walk into Liverpool’s starting eleven .. even Messi would struggle to displace Salah

Get the fuck outta here you muppet. Messi struggling to replace Salah, now I've heard it all :lol:

MTL_Barca

Juventus didn't even include Can in their CL squad but tried to trick Barca into taking him :lol:

Same for Mandzukic btw

malvolio

Yes, but because they have a much better manager, not better players.

we can go into more detail about the subject. while klopp is a better manager than valverde, he certainly got the right setup/players for his favored play style.

it would not be inconceivable to put klopp on our bench, with the players that we currently have and results not to change much(win liga/cup, but fail in UCL). we surely would play a more attractive football. but i think he would have to make some personnel changes in order to implement his system and win it all.

same could go if you put pep on liverpool's bench. they would be shite.

regardless, we currently have a world class squad(maybe the best in the world) and should win all trophies, while playing some good football.

malvolio

Try reading text in context ...
I said for Liverpool .. not saying Salah is better than Messi ..

even so. any manager would cream his pants at the thought of having messi in his team.

i don't think that would be an issue for klopp. messi has a higher goals/assists output than salah+firmino combined.

JohnN

So which Barca players would walk into Liverpool’s first team ..

For starters, any good manager, Klopp for sure, would find a way to fit Messi in his team.

As for our players that could play in Liverpool's team (not assuming they are better or worse than their counterparts, just that they could play) I believe,
Messi, FDJ, Arthur, Griezmann, Alba, Ter Stegen, Vidal, Lenglet, Pique would be able to do pretty well.

Reversing the question I believe we would be glad to have any of the following from their team:
VVD, Alisson, Mané, Firmino, Salah, Arnold, Robertson, Fabinho

malvolio

So which Barca players would walk into Liverpool’s first team ..

i'll give this a go:
- stegen could as i see him on the same level as alisson. maybe the brazilian is better suited for liverpool since they don't require the GK to have good ball control with his feet
- one of our CBs instead of matip(you take the pick)
- alba
- arthur
- FDJ
- vidal(as his game would suit them)
- griezmann
- messi

debatable over busquets, rakitic, suarez. these are players who had a higher peak in their career over milner/henderson/wijnaldum/firmino. maybe klopp could use them better. but we'll leave them out since we are considering current form and how would they hypothetically integrate in to the high intensity liverpool play style.

JohnN

i'll give this a go:
- stegen could as i see him on the same level as alisson. maybe the brazilian is better suited for liverpool since they don't require the GK to have good ball control with his feet
- one of our CBs instead of matip(you take the pick)
- alba
- arthur
- FDJ
- vidal(as his game would suit them)
- griezmann
- messi

debatable over busquets, rakitic, suarez. these are players who had a higher peak in their career over milner/henderson/wijnaldum/firmino. maybe klopp could use them better. but we'll leave them out since we are considering current form and how would they hypothetically integrate in to the high intensity liverpool play style.

God damn.. we picked the exact same players right there. Not so difficult it seems.
What do you think about their players I mentioned above?

Home of Barca Fans