Barca Transfers and Rumors

LABarcaFan

De Ligt has some marvellous qualities and has great potential but he does seem prone to lapses in concentration and he’s hardly athletic.. seems a tad sluggish tbh .. he’s a chunky lad after all

Yes, yes... I guess, we can call him whatever we want now, because he refused to wear our jersey, but that won't help or fix our deep problems in the back.

Riordon

Pau Torres from Villarreal has been great this season. Psychical beast and good with the ball, spanish, La Liga proven and one of the revelations of La Liga this season. Should be an option for the CB position. Lets see if he can keep this up.

We really should get these young players who impress in La Liga. Its a league we know 100%. Still baffles me how we missed out on Fabian first for 15m and then 30m. And how we missed out on Rodri for 20m and so on. Plenty of great transfers to be made in our league.

EDIT: Heavy interest from PL teams.....

Messi983

Pau Torres from Villarreal has been great this season. Psychical beast and good with the ball, spanish, La Liga proven and one of the revelations of La Liga this season. Should be an option for the CB position. Lets see if he can keep this up.

We really should get these young players who impress in La Liga. Its a league we know 100%. Still baffles me how we missed out on Fabian first for 15m and then 30m. And how we missed out on Rodri for 20m and so on. Plenty of great transfers to be made in our league.

EDIT: Heavy interest from PL teams.....

Pau Torres has just renewed with Villarreal till 2024 with a 50m buy out clause. He's playing very well so far but he was pretty unproven as he was on loan at Malaga in Segunda last year so I wouldn't expect Barça to pay big money (Villarreal knew his potential so they probably wouldn't sell him for less than what his previous clause was - IIRC 25M) for someone with almost no First division experience. We've made some pretty risky signings who mostly flopped badly but I don't remember us paying 20M+ for a player who was unproven in a top division football in his country. Even Keirrison has scored over 20 goals in the Brazilian league.

I agree with your point and have said in the past we should sign more talents from smaller La Liga teams when they still have relatively low clauses and leave them on loan with their clubs to develop until we would have a place for them in the first team. We did it this summer with Pedri and it's working great so far so hopefully there will be more cases like this not only from La Liga but also Segunda division teams where are some interesting young players.

To be fair we've signed some players after they've had a good season or two in La Liga and got mixed results with Gomes failing and Lenglet now playing well but not exactly great. We also can't buy everyone who shows potential so there will be some hits and some (usually more) misses.

Rodri wanted to go back to his childhood club Atletico so not much we could do there even if we'd go after him. And we probably wouldn't signed FDJ if we'd have Rodri and as much as I like Rodri I would always take FDJ over him. I know they could maybe play together but with Busi still here that probably wouldn't happen and FDJ is more versatile and can play with Busi (hopefully this is his last season as a starter) easier.

Fabian is the toughest to get over from the players you've mentioned. I've said when his clause was still only 15M we should buy him and leave him on loan at Betis for another year. And then I also suggested to sign him when he has proven himself in La Liga and Betis raised his clause to 30M. Now we'll need to pay 100M to get him away from Napoli.

Similar situation as with Dembele who we could also get for around 8-10 x less than what we paid for him (and leave him at Rennes or loan to another team) though to be fair we still had MSN back then so it was understandably he prefered to sign with Dortmund (eventhough he was a Barça fan) as he (like probably nobody else) didn't expect Neymar would leave just a season later or he would maybe decide different and Barça would also try to get him more seriously.

Riordon

Great post, Messi989. Agree with most points. We always seem to identify the top talents though, sometimes we act a bit late. Lets see how Pau Torres develop. I must admit I don't really like paying 80m for a CB (Konate) unless they are absolutely topclass, especially keeping in mind we need to reinforce positions where players are expensive (CF, LW, AM).... Thats why I'm starting to think of alternatives if 80m really is the price of Konate. And Pau Torres has been great but needs to keep it up.

Andresito

Staff member
We should really consider getting Eriksen for free. Humble hard worker and could play CM as opposed to Coutinho.

Has proven himself in both PL and with his NT. Problem is he might be a player who thrives in lesser teams.

He might not be a 100% guarantee. But for that price we can put the money on other positions instead. Arthur and Frenkie should be able to carry the midfield next season.

Messi983

According to Ferran Martinez Kluivert is interested in 17 years old German forward Karim Adeyemi who is playing for RB Salzburg's filial FC Liefering in Austrian 2. league where he has 5 goals and 4 assists in 9 games (and interestingly also 4 yellow cards which is a lot for a forward). He also added 2 goals in the first two games of UYL for Salzburg.

Don't know much about him but Red Bull (both Salzburg and Leipzig) have a great scouting network so going after their youngsters before they prove themselves at the bigger stage makes sense. Adeyemi is compared to Fati but he mostly plays as a "9" for his club. Problem is that Salzburg paid 3,5M to Unterhaching in summer 2018 and now wants around 8M which we consider too much at this point but it's still possible we'll make a move in January and bring him to Barça B. As I've said some time ago we could bring a winger for the B team with Fati and Perez both seemingly to stay with the first team and it looks the club is looking for alternatives. I'm sure Adeyemi won't be the only player we'll hear about over the next 2-3 months.

Short highlights...

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/vide...-karim-adeyemi-objetivo-del-fc-barcelona.html

Riordon

According to Ferran Martinez Kluivert is interested in 17 years old German forward Karim Adeyemi who is playing for RB Salzburg's filial FC Liefering in Austrian 2. league where he has 5 goals and 4 assists in 9 games (and interestingly also 4 yellow cards which is a lot for a forward). He also added 2 goals in the first two games of UYL for Salzburg.

Don't know much about him but Red Bull (both Salzburg and Leipzig) have a great scouting network so going after their youngsters before they prove themselves at the bigger stage makes sense. Adeyemi is compared to Fati but he mostly plays as a "9" for his club. Problem is that Salzburg paid 3,5M to Unterhaching in summer 2018 and now wants around 8M which we consider too much at this point but it's still possible we'll make a move in January and bring him to Barça B. As I've said some time ago we could bring a winger for the B team with Fati and Perez both seemingly to stay with the first team and it looks the club is looking for alternatives. I'm sure Adeyemi won't be the only player we'll hear about over the next 2-3 months.

Short highlights...

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/vide...-karim-adeyemi-objetivo-del-fc-barcelona.html

Im all in for buying the top, tap 16-17 year old players in Europe for cheap money, 5-10m like we did with Pedri. Especially these years where La Masia isn't really producing anything at all (Fati, ofc.). Apparently RB will do anything to keep and won't be easier. But he looks really, really good on the highlight video.

Riordon

Positions that need reinforcement:

LW
Advanced midfielder
CB

Then you can discuss CF and RB but for now, I'm willing to give Griezmann and Semedo chances at those positions. We can evaluate those to for the end of the season.

For advanced midfielder this are my priorities everything considered: Eriksen for free (!!!!) > F.Ruiz (90m) > Donny 50-60m

Options for CB are Konate, Pau Torres, Unai Nunez.... some more

LW, I really don't know. Needs to be both goalscoring but also good 1v1. Marcus Thuram is maybe a good shout. Richarlison. Then there are players like Djenepo in Southampton who looks so much like Mane but will see more.

If we get Eriksen for free, then we have plenty of money for other positions.

mc_lovin

CF>CB>Box to box/offensive midfielder for me. Unless Griezmann is the solution for CF (not too optimistic though).

Riordon

CF>CB>Box to box/offensive midfielder for me. Unless Griezmann is the solution for CF (not too optimistic though).

We agree about the CB and midfield position. I will try Griezmann as a CF because if he can’t play there what’s the point of him? If he is the CF the LW need to be a goal scoring one otherwise our frontlines wont have enough goals in them. I really can’t think of any possible. If he go for Eriksen for free, sell Coutinho and Dembele there will be money for a top LW.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Can we have a summer without signing a forward?
2019:Griezmann
2018:Malcom
2017: Dembele
2016:paco
2014:Suarez
2013:Neymar.

2012 is the last time we didn't sign a forward. And even before it we signed Sanchez,Villa ,Ibra, Hleb (played mostly as winger),Henry, Gudjohnsen in years before it. Most of those guys were most expensive purchase of the summer market for us.
We have Fati now, Suarez isn't going anywhere, Griezmann isn't going anywhere, Messi is Messi. Perez is fine for 5th option. Unless Dembele leaves we don't need an attacker. And even if he leaves we need a bench winger, no fancy signing. Stop this obsession
Enjoy having Messi for the time being, and build the rest of the squad. Our defense consists of 2 old players who will soon won't have the legs to stay at our level (Pique & Alba), and 2 average/above average starters. It is time to start rebuilding it now.
Midfield need a missing piece.

Riordon

Can we have a summer without signing a forward?
2019:Griezmann
2018:Malcom
2017: Dembele
2016:paco
2014:Suarez
2013:Neymar.

2012 is the last time we didn't sign a forward. And even before it we signed Sanchez,Villa ,Ibra, Hleb (played mostly as winger),Henry, Gudjohnsen in years before it. Most of those guys were most expensive purchase of the summer market for us.
We have Fati now, Suarez isn't going anywhere, Griezmann isn't going anywhere, Messi is Messi. Perez is fine for 5th option. Unless Dembele leaves we don't need an attacker. And even if he leaves we need a bench winger, no fancy signing. Stop this obsession
Enjoy having Messi for the time being, and build the rest of the squad. Our defense consists of 2 old players who will soon won't have the legs to stay at our level (Pique & Alba), and 2 average/above average starters. It is time to start rebuilding it now.
Midfield need a missing piece.

What will you do for the defense? In an ideal world I would bring two new CB’ s and RB but realistically at most one CB for defense. I like Konate and Pau Torres there.

Home of Barca Fans