La Liga 2019/20

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

El Guaje

Wolfe the real problem is that exactly the same situation is sometimes described as a penalty and sometimes not. Also sometimes VAR room reacts and sometimes doesn't. As long as this is happening we haven't done anything good for the game. I am not talking about system but referees. As long as referees can interpret the same situation in a two different ways people will be furious. What is the purpose of VAR when a hand is sometimes a penalty and sometimes not?

Let's move away from La Liga. In the World Cup final France was awarded with a free kick after a seriously questionable foul. They scored a first goal from that FK. However, VAR wasn't used to check up that situation. On the other side VAR was consulted regarding penalty for France second goal. How the hell is that fair?

Imo they should do as in tennis and allow the coach and/or captain to call for a challenge (or in this case VAR review) when they feel a decision is not right. Much better than just allowing the referees to use the VAR when only themselves want to.

serghei

VAR in itself is not the problem. Corrupted, or incompetent officials using VAR are elevated to a whole new level of skill. Too much information for the corrupted is more power to them to efficiently cheat.

Raketa10

Imo they should do as in tennis and allow the coach and/or captain to call for a challenge (or in this case VAR review) when they feel a decision is not right. Much better than just allowing the referees to use the VAR when only themselves want to.

Agree, at least than they would have to take a look.

serghei

Would be interesting if someone did it in detail with this season big decisions for and against Barca and Madrid (would take fucking hours going through all the games) If it came out where it was roughly equal then I?d hold my hands up and say fair enough, but I doubt it would.

Btw, take a look at the more reasonable Madrid fans on redcafe. Even they are laughing at how much help they had with VAR after lock-down. It's been a one way street.

Horatio

You're welcome
So I just woke up and first thing I hear is Madridistas on whatsapp talking about an incident where ramos steps on foot of Bilbao player but ref was right not to whistle because Ramos didnt do it intentionally. Wtf?!?

serghei

Have to say Madrid are experts at these off the field games. Took them a while to find the weak spot in the VAR system, but once they did, boy are they good at exploiting that.

Madrid struck gold here. Just use VAR 90% in the opponent's box, and 10% in the Madrid box. It's the equivalence of fishing with a net vs fishing with a pole. In case 1 you catch 30 big fish, in case no2, you catch two. :lol:

I think I've found the answer. There are two computers hooked up to the VAR system. The one monitoring Madrid's box is an old generation Pentium II, can only do some basic computing, and only on low 640p resolution. The one monitoring Madrid's opponent's box is Inter Core i9, managing to render 4k 60ps frames swiftly.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Have to say Madrid are experts at these off the field games. Took them a while to find the weak spot in the VAR system, but once they did, boy are they good at exploiting that.

There is no weak spot to be found. Refs just use it when it pleases them and dont when it doesnt. Basically pointless. I am not just talking about La Liga. Little concistency.

Last edited:

Messigician

This is embarrassing, people using referees as an excuse for Real Madrid's superiority... Where is your pride?

This is humiliating, people making excuses for our club's blatant inferiority. Don't make excuses. Find the reasons behind our failings, take responsibility to solve those issues and take action!

This is not the time to sit here with a defeatist attitude feeling sorry for ourselves.

Stop complaing about refs, we are sounding like Pathetico right now, it's the sign of a finished club.

El Gato

Villarato!
Tho connected things that don't mean anything on their own. So when we are talking about VAR we are talking about the usage of it and not the software and cameras.

This makes no sense. VAR as a concept and the interpretation of the rules governing it are different things. You're lumping it into one and saying it contributed nothing to the game. Nonsense.

soul24rage

Maybe VAR should only be used to check for offsides as it's much more black and white rather than using it also for penalties and red cards as there could be a lot of inconsistencies and interpretations for those situations.

Home of Barca Fans