Kai Havertz

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
From what I have seen he is the old school CAM. Thinks he is too offensive but can still evolve his game. For our system (not quality) I prefer Donny or Aouar.

I like Donny, in particular because of his great late runs into the box. I'm unsure about whether he'll do well in a different role though. Erik ten Hag has created a very specific role for him which he excels at. He can still evolve though so let's see what he does this season.

I'd like to see Aouar take a step up and play more consistently this season(be less careless on the ball), especially with Ndombele and Fekir gone.

Riordon

I like Donny, in particular because of his great late runs into the box. I'm unsure about whether he'll do well in a different role though. Erik ten Hag has created a very specific role for him which he excels at. He can still evolve though so let's see what he does this season.

I'd like to see Aouar take a step up and play more consistently this season(be less careless on the ball), especially with Ndombele and Fekir gone.

Really hope Donny stays as Ajax so we possibly can go for him next season. Think we will need a midfielder next season with Vidal and Rakitic gone. Its has to be a more advanced midfielder. Options right now are Aouar, Donny and Havertz but lets see how they develop or if new ones emerge.

Sorin

I do believe we need a consistent force on the LW that's better off the ball than Dembele and Suarez.

No arguments here.

Despite all my Neymar propaganda since I started posting again I probably should have clarified that I don't want him at whatever it will cost. A fair deal where he takes a big paycut is what I'll sign off to.

Coutinho + Umtiti/Rakitic + 50m is a deal in my book. You could still fund the Havertz move with the sale of a couple of other players next year.

That's the thing, no Barca fan would say no to Neymar for that deal but the problem is that PSG doesn't want neither Rakitic, nor Umtiti from the reports. Plus that they want way more than 50m.

Though I do think that they would probably accept a Dembele + Coutinho swap which at this point should be considered tbh.

One more thing I haven't said on this forum yet, but talked about with some other current and former members here is Messi's salary. With bonuses included he makes 108m gross. That's with all bonuses included. That's an insane amount and I can understand if people believe he deserves it, but with his age and desire to win, he need to take a big paycut too if we want to remain competitive in his last years here.

Source for Messi's salary: https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...si-s-100-million-euro-contract-a-1187549.html

Yeah, one of my proposition to make Neymar's transfer easier is for Messi to foot the bill with half his wages at least. I mean, since he wants his buddy so much it shouldn't be a problem no?

Personally, I don't have any issues with his wage, god knows that he has earned it, but if he wants superstars to join he should realize that we are not a money factory and should lower his to get the help that he wants.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
One more thing I haven't said on this forum yet, but talked about with some other current and former members here is Messi's salary. With bonuses included he makes 108m gross. That's with all bonuses included. That's an insane amount and I can understand if people believe he deserves it, but with his age and desire to win, he need to take a big paycut too if we want to remain competitive in his last years here.

Source for Messi's salary: https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...si-s-100-million-euro-contract-a-1187549.html

Amen to that. For starters he shouldn't be asking for a significant pay raise when we try to renew his contract again. He is a club legend, beyond just any player or employee so he should have the best interest of the club at heart.

Riordon

BTW, next summer there is a possibility that Fabian Ruiz and Eriksen will be on the market. So options are Donny, Aouar, Havertz, Eriksen and Fabian Ruiz for the midfield spot next year. All quality players. Out of those I prefer Fabian Ruiz, I would say for us he is the better fit. But let’s see how they evolve, what I know is that we must put quality midfielders next to Frenkie.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His value is already very high. If he confirms his performances this season, especially in the CL, he will end up costing 90m+.

Our priority should be a new manager though, but if we can get a new manager who can play an attractive style and fit these players, a midfield of de Jong and Havertz will have pace, power, and the x-factor needed to be a dominant midfield for years to come.

Before we get on the bandwagon though, need him to confirm last season.

Bayern have already offered that amount and it was turned down..he is not for sale this summer.

Pretty sure he ll move to Bayern next summer.

abbbs97

I dont think it'll be that easy for Bayern to buy him next summer. There will be a lot of interested clubs that will bid for him and this will make his price well over 100m which I dont see Bayern paying that for him and for Sane (which I think he'll go there next summer). I have a feeling Havertz will go to Liverpool. He'll do really well over there.

Yannik

Bayern are not going to spend €100m twice on a player next year. It's either Sané, Coutinho or Havertz.
Bayern is naturally interested in upcoming German talent and they enquire 5-10 names in the BuLi each year, so the media will always link the two, no matter what. Terms like "Bayern-bound" will always be thrown around in those cases, people read too much into it.
If I were to choose, I'd go with Havertz as Coutinho is 28 next year and on ridiculous wages, and Sané is probably the most expensive out of the three but the danger of ACL issues last a career. Havertz also has to decide though and with Bayern less in the focus than the previous years the offers of competing clubs will be taken into consideration when he makes a decision.

Last edited:

Sorin

Instead of going for future, hungry talents like this guy and ensuring that a good manager is in place to help them progress, we will end up spending a fortune bringing back an end of prime sicknote with questionable lifestyle.

Absolutely sick of this board and their incompetence.

Home of Barca Fans