Dani Olmo

Barcilliant

Right now he's actually available for half the price of Olmo, which is ridiculous, since he's at least twice the player. But of course, we won't even sniff him, because he's not from La Masia. So stupid.

Exactly at the moment Olmo is a good player but nothing special. I'd rather take a punt on Erikson.

mc_lovin

Does it matter? Longshots are a rather secondary skill.

As I have virtually not watched a game of him I am much more interested in how he moves in midfield and how calm he is on the ball. There are hundreds of CAMs who look individually great, but hectic and are therefore kind of shit. How is he? You cant really see that in highlight videos.

Raketa10

Look as I said before he is not a finished product. IMHO he is still not a Barca material but he definitely has a talent to get there. The biggest problem I have with him is that I honestly don't know which position should he play for Barca. His best position is behind the attacker and we all know he can't play in that position with Messi being here. He is technically very good and has a nice shooting and dribbling skills but he tends to disappear during the game and he needs to improve physically to be able to perform on the highest level.

Last edited:

JohnN

Look as I said before he is not a finished product. IMHO he is still not a Barca material but he definitely has a talent to get there. The biggest problem I have with him is that I honestly don't know which position should he play for Barca. His best position is behind the attacker and we all know he can't play in that position with Messi being here. He is technically very good and has a nice shooting and dribbling skills but he tends to disappear during the game and he needs to improve physically to be able to perform on the highest level.

Well, if he doesn't seem to play a position that Barca need and will be forced to play out of position, then he must be the boards number one target..

No. He actually doesn't play defense at all. I honestly don't know what to think about him. Sometimes he looks awesome and sometimes far from Barca level. To be fair he is more on the level of Sevilla or Valencia than Barca.

A midfield Olmo, FDJ and Arthur would be physically one of the worst in Europe and wouldn't work for sure (maybe only in FIFA). Basically De Jong is the only one of those three who knows how to defend so that's a really bad idea.

People said the same about Busi Xavi and Iniesta. Physically poor, can't tackle. Didn't turn out too bad with them though did it. If we want physicality and tackling as the barometer let's keep Vidal - but that's not working out too well either. There is more than enough energy control 0hysicality and tackling for Barcelona in a Olmo FDJ Artur trident.

95% of our games we are camped in the opposing half. Our tough away CL games we should be playing 3 5 2 so that is by the by.

ronniecro

he's not coming,it's all gibberish. we've been reading here news that half of the europe is standing in line to get him yet not one serious bid came for him

Nazario1985

he's not coming,it's all gibberish. we've been reading here news that half of the europe is standing in line to get him yet not one serious bid came for him

His agent confirmed there is an official offer from FCB ,and the player replied on twitter " i want to go to Euros and it will not happen if i stay here in Croatia"

Spurs & Chelsea are on track but his agent said nothing yet

ronniecro

His agent confirmed there is an official offer from FCB ,and the player replied on twitter " i want to go to Euros and it will not happen if i stay here in Croatia"

Spurs & Chelsea are on track but his agent said nothing yet

offer has been denied by press and they also called out his agent for that. regarding tott and chelsea there might be interest but we have been getting that kind of news since last summer. and not just them but also roma,dortmund,milan,borussia mg,man city etc...all of them want him but no one sent any kind of offer yet. his contract runs out next year so think he will leave this summer for half of price

Nazario1985

offer has been denied by press and they also called out his agent for that. regarding tott and chelsea there might be interest but we have been getting that kind of news since last summer. and not just them but also roma,dortmund,milan,borussia mg,man city etc...all of them want him but no one sent any kind of offer yet. his contract runs out next year so think he will leave this summer for half of price

So the press has the evidence and the agent is a liar ?

What a world :(

LABarcaFan

At age of 21, he is very much finished product. Of course, the Croatian First Division is not comparable to La Liga, but when a player has skills, he can adjust to any championship.

LABarcaFan

Well, if he doesn't seem to play a position that Barca need and will be forced to play out of position, then he must be the boards number one target..

Dani Olmo is an excellent attacking midfielder, which Barcelona lucks after Iniesta left for Japan. Having him and Messi as a play-makers won't hurt, because both of them are scoring treats as well. Messi is 32 and is in his obvious downhill. Olmo is 21 and is the closest thing to the Argentinian maestro, when it comes to speed, dribble, passing skills and shooting. In the current squad, we don't have that type of midfielders, who can create situation after situation for their team-mates.

Home of Barca Fans