Luka Jović

Arizona Scott

That's basically what I was saying. IMHO neither Maxi Gomez nor Jovic are better than Paco.

Yeah you are probably right but do you honestly think that 50 mil is a good price for a backup striker??? Or do you think that Jovic is the future star of this team so 50 mil is a fair price?

We spent 41 on malcom. I think jovic has a much better chance to help us immediately (rotate with suarez) and possibly develop into a starter.

We paid 160 for coutinho and he is not going to be a long term starter.

The only sure fire non old #9s who are barca quality would be mbappe, salah and kane. Coutinho money and then some.

Also have to consider suarez will be better in the big games if he can be better managed over a full season. If jovic is better than munir and prince, he will. I think if paco stayed suarez would have had a bit lower load to date.

BusiTheKing

I have a seriously hard time figuring out why we are looking at this guy. I don't get it. He's a fine finisher but a mediocre player overall. None of the x-factor that Suarez has and his link up play is just as bad.

serghei

40m. is not a lot these days. Sell Malcom for 30 and get Jovic. :D Then have Jovic rubbing the bench for next season.

Our bench at Camp Nou has grown tired of Malcom's ass sitting on her.

raki

I have a seriously hard time figuring out why we are looking at this guy. I don't get it. He's a fine finisher but a mediocre player overall. None of the x-factor that Suarez has and his link up play is just as bad.

Have you seen him play?

Riordon

According to numbers he is the second most efficient young striker in the world after Mbappé. I just don’t think he is that good or special like he is lacking something but numbers don’t lie.

Would be willing to pay 50m but not more

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we want him I am afraid we will pay more than 50m. Real Madrid and Bayern have all been reportedly interested in getting him so there might be a bidding war.

Riordon

I would go for Richarlisom before I go for Jovic btw. He has only 3 league less than Jovic and he is doing it in the Prem for a messy Everton team. Also has that x-factor. Prefer him to Jovic. Let’s not forget that 5 if Jovic 15 goal game in the same match

Zidane82

I would go for Richarlisom before I go for Jovic btw. He has only 3 league less than Jovic and he is doing it in the Prem for a messy Everton team. Also has that x-factor. Prefer him to Jovic. Let’s not forget that 5 if Jovic 15 goal game in the same match

But Jovic looks as though he has everything.
Looks a special talent to my mind ..

Zidane82

He actually reminds me of a younger Suarez ... looks like an amazing player tbh ..

xXKonan

[tw]1107787722788405254[/tw]

Says we had a meeting with his entourage last week to show we are clearly interested in him as he's our number one option. He has proposals from EPL teams and Bayern and won't go for less than 60 Million euros.

Xavinho

Not the fairest of comparisons if you don't include minutes played though.

Richarlison has 12 goals and 1 assist in 2236 mins
Jovic has 15 goals and 5 assists in 1600 mins

According to Whoscored anyway.

BarçaBarça

Yes, people forget that. Last season he wasn't even starter. Youngsters are too expensive these days, I would rather pay for world class in Griezmann..

MTL_Barca

Last season he was 19/20 years old and had a coach that thought he can't play well together with Haller. Kovac played way more defensive/destructive football in general.

Also Richarlison would probably even cost way more than the 50-60M of Jovic. Everton paid 40+5M themselves after all, no way they'd be fine with only selling for like 10M profit. Not seen too much for him but doesn't strike me as like a 80-100M player as well tbh. We also currently wouldn't have the non-EU spot for him unless we sell Malcom or Vidal this summer.

Young players get expensive really fast today, but it's not like we can do anything about that. If we want a cheap or proven option both these guys aren't for us.

Last edited:

Messi983

Also Richarlison would probably even cost way more than the 50-60M of Jovic. Everton paid 40+5M themselves after all, no way they'd be fine with only selling for like 10M profit. Not seen too much for him but doesn't strike me as like a 80-100M player as well tbh. We also currently wouldn't have the non-EU spot for him unless we sell Malcom or Vidal this summer.

We can include Gomes and possibly even Malcom (they were interested in him last year) to lower his price. Malcom is as good as gone so non-EU spot shouldn't be a problem.

Problem is I don't see Richarlison as a "9" in our system and the club probably thinks the same otherwise he would be linked more to us as a possible transfer target. We could still use a versatile player who can play on the wings or up front if needed but I think we're looking for a more pure "9".

Home of Barca Fans