Lliga | Round 5: FC Barcelona - Girona 2-2

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We played well until Lenglet red card. Started the game more lively than usual and directly due to energy of Arthur and Vidal.

We deserved to win but to be fair we were lucky elsewhere so I'm not complaining much.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
RM won their game away to Girona 4-1 some weeks ago just to put this performance into perspective. Simply not good enough tonight. Losing points in these kind of home games can always turn out to be a title decider down the line.

Horatio

You're welcome
RM won their game away to Girona 4-1 some weeks ago just to put this performance into perspective. Simply not good enough tonight. Losing points in these kind of home games can always turn out to be a title decider down the line.

Did you miss the part where we were one man down almost the complete duration of the game?

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Did you miss the part where we were one man down almost the complete duration of the game?

No. We were poor both before and after that red. Which came in the 35th minute. Pretty far from one man down for the complete duration of the game. Since you wanted to be a dick about it.

Last edited:

soul24rage

I feel like we could have won the game if the red card didn't happen. That really threw all the momentum out of our game so early in the game.

Joan

To be frank, I enjoyed the match tonight. Shame we lost, but most things looked fine to me. Most worrying: our CBs.

Horatio

You're welcome
To be frank, I enjoyed the match tonight. Shame we lost, but most things looked fine to me. Most worrying: our CBs.

I had the same feeling. Girona is a decent team and I liked our intense of attack at 2-2.
For me the only worrisome thing is Pique's pace.

One of the highlights were that players performed a lot of forward passes between the lines.
Think Vidal did very well in that area especially.

Last edited:

beogatts

Lenglet will be more careful in his next game. lesson learnt for him. we dunt want this mistake in UCL quarter final - final

xXKonan

Our defense has been bad for a while and continues to deteriorate. Don't know what is going on.
There's a couple of issues.

Lack of Midfield protection.
- Busi and Rakitic make it so easy for teams to cut through both of them because they are slow as fuck and don't exactly have the high-quality energy to make up for it like they once did. Busi relies on his technical ability with the ball and his brain to make up for his weakness in terms of pace and physicality. While Rakitic relies on tactical positioning but despite that the two are weaklinks in the Midfield when it comes to defending these days.

The Elephant in the room that is Pique. Roberto has problems with his defending and Semedo has flaws going forward but, Pique on the other hand fucking hell. He plays like someone who doesn't have his head in the game and is slow and terrible in 1v1 duels. the only thing really saving him is his ball playing ablity and his defensive headers.

People like to give Umtiti shit sometimes and while some of it may be justified there's no question at least in my eyes the dude is carrying Pique Hard. If you want to play Roberto, you are going to need a better RCB who is comfortable defending in 1v1 duels and wide areas. If you want to play Pique you're going to have to play a more defensive RB who has the pace to help get back in time to help him out.

The funny thing is our problems with the defense and Midfield are usually down to the Vets and not the newer players. :lol:

Ronaldinho10

There's a couple of issues.

Lack of Midfield protection.
- Busi and Rakitic make it so easy for teams to cut through both of them because they are slow as fuck and don't exactly have the high-quality energy to make up for it like they once did. Busi relies on his technical ability with the ball and his brain to make up for his weakness in terms of pace and physicality. While Rakitic relies on tactical positioning but despite that the two are weaklinks in the Midfield when it comes to defending these days.

The Elephant in the room that is Pique. Roberto has problems with his defending and Semedo has flaws going forward but, Pique on the other hand fucking hell. He plays like someone who doesn't have his head in the game and is slow and terrible in 1v1 duels. the only thing really saving him is his ball playing ablity and his defensive headers.

People like to give Umtiti shit sometimes and while some of it may be justified there's no question at least in my eyes the dude is carrying Pique Hard. If you want to play Roberto, you are going to need a better RCB who is comfortable defending in 1v1 duels and wide areas. If you want to play Pique you're going to have to play a more defensive RB who has the pace to help get back in time to help him out.

The funny thing is our problems with the defense and Midfield are usually down to the Vets and not the newer players. :lol:

Hardly surprising when you consider pique is an old turtle who is probably beginning his decline. And Sergi Roberto who was always better in the attack then in defence. Heck the only one that seems to be working his ass off in defence is MATS 😂

Home of Barca Fans