Neymar Jr.

Lutece FC

Regardless of how defiant PSG may seem, it is in their best interest to get rid of Neymar and deep down they know a 27 year old, unsettled Neymar who wants out and has massive injury concerns in Ligue 1 is a ticking time bomb.

Their financial management has been diabolical over the past few seasons. Spending 400m on two players only to be hit FFP and fielding a team of borderline EPL midtable players around them is not how you win the CL in 2019.

Keeping Neymar against his will, at least for this season is Qatar's last big power play. Unfortunately for them lot they will regret the decision very soon.

For once, i see an interesting analyze here.

I agree with your analysis : Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Verratti and some average players around them can't bring you the CHampions League. You need 20 very good players. Or even more.

pepi

Аm i mistaking that it was known Neymar wants to come back before we bought Griezmann? Buying him was the right thing though. If we can get Neymar for cheap - good, if not - even better.

Newcomer

Shame, would have loved the lad the bolster our weak wing options as there aren't many better, but PSG can piss off if they're still holding a 200m+ valuation.

Means they never intended to sell him in the first place and this entire ordeal was a massive act to display to Neymar they were proper trying.

Why ?

Think about it from PSG perspective. They bought Neymar (and Mbappé) and soon after the lobbying from Tebas and co., UEFA decided to smash their sponsorship deals. PSG had to sell almost all the "valuable" players not deemed essential for the starting team. If they sell Neymar now, they need to recoup their money or else their team would be weaker than the one they had before buying Neymar. The prices have increased so even with 215 M€, they could not afford the same quality of players. A reminder Maguire got bought for 93 M€. A de Jong is 86 M€.

I know you are all thinking PSG does not need the money because it is owned by Qatar but you are wrong. In fact, UEFA successfully forced PSG to stop their QTA sponsorpship (the one that was giving the big money). So now, PSG is not different than a Bayern for example who have deals with his stakeholders like Allianz, Audi, Adidas. PSG has to seriously care about money and if Barça asked to get their full money back on Malcom for example, PSG can ask the same for Neymar.

Newcomer

Neymar isn't being forced to stay and he wont be rotting on the bench/stands either. the silence from him during this saga is a telling sign, if he REALLY wanted to leave that badly and make Barca's job easier he should of came out earlier in the summer yet he remained silent. he could of kicked up a huge shitstorm forcing PSGs hand yet still, he remains totally silent. he and his daddy met their match in the Qataris

i dont think PSG ever had any intention of selling Neymar, if we offered the players + fee they will raise the bar once again
Imo, staying silent and feeding the press via his entourage is the way Neymar operates.

Think about it, the guy has not opened his mouth but everyone knows he wants to go back to Barça and only Barça.

When he left Barça, he didn't open his mouth either before he signed his contract with PSG. Even when Piqué taunted him with the "Se queda".

I think it is very smart from him business wise because he can always play deniability after not burning all bridges. If the transfer is not done, he can always say : "You shouldn't believe everything that is being said in the media. They always talk about me even when i don't say or do anything. It is true i had moment of doubt after the difficult months i experienced recently but i feel fully energized to start the season with my teammates, blablabla..."

Pedro

La Masia
[tw]1167412867890601985[/tw]

"The club does not reject the deal and wants Paris to convince Dembele. The Barca considers that everything is in the hands of Paris."

Could be back ON

Newcomer

Аm i mistaking that it was known Neymar wants to come back before we bought Griezmann? Buying him was the right thing though. If we can get Neymar for cheap - good, if not - even better.

It was known.

So, saying PSG is the one not fully wanting the deal when Barça had the money to complete it if they REALLY wanted is funny.

As you said Barça tried to get him on the cheap. If it works, good ! If it doesn't, no big deal !

Newcomer

If PSG was a normal team, they couldn't afford to let him rot on the bench. If so, next year no team would try to sign him - even more with this kind of ridiculous price.

But they just don't care about selling him, they don't care about transfer income or his career or the team performance or any of that.

"PSG" project will end when the World Cup ends. I believe that except mercenary-footballers, very few big names will be attracted by them in the future.

As for Barca, missing out on this deal is good news. I hope it stays this way until the end of the transfer window.
You are wrong.

If Neymar stays, and it is still a big IF at the moment, he will not be on the bench.
PSG does very care about transfer income. Why do you think PSG has sold so many players recently ? Just yesterday, we had to sell our most promising academy player who is only 17 y.o. for 10 M€ at Monaco. Why is PSG buying so cheap players this window if they don't care about money ?

You are clueless about the actual PSG financials.

PSG is being stubborn about Neymar price because it is their biggest asset.

Zica

Neymar should have never left in the first place. But he probably should have expressed his want to return before Barca bought Greizmann. This result I didn't want to see, it's unfortunate and he's gonna rot in Paris :(

In March ? Because everybody knew that was happening ...

Messigician

"The club does not reject the deal and wants Paris to convince Dembele. The Barca considers that everything is in the hands of Paris."

Could be back ON

We move!

If Dembele ruins the Neymar move I will never forgive him.

Sorin

So fucking glad I won't have to worry about a well placed stamp, by a "well intentioned" cunt, ending this guy's career. Let PSG and their fans worry about him.

Zica

For once, i see an interesting analyze here.

I agree with your analysis : Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Verratti and some average players around them can't bring you the CHampions League. You need 20 very good players. Or even more.

No you don't. Liverpool don't have 20 very good players. Barca has won CLs with pretty thin bench.

Zica

Could be back ON

Yeah. I am sure PSG will go all out to convince Dembele to go over there ... :rolleyes:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Dembele please keep digging your heels in and refuse to go to PSG.

If he doesn’t perform this season we will sell him next summer.

Home of Barca Fans