Neymar Jr.

Leo_Messi

I only gave your post a cursory glance, and I'll check out the vids later on, but I lived through the Figo case back then, and while it was impossible to follow in detail before the age of the Internet, him, as our biggest star, striking a deal with RM in clandestine fashion, beats whatever pathetic shenanigans Nerman pulled against us any day of the week. In terms of sheer emotional and sporting impact, the two cases are nowhere near each other in my book.

I highly recommend you to take 30-35 minutes of your time schedule and watch those videos if you understand Spanish.

I was not comparing the cases in terms of emotional consequences, sporting impact, disappointment etc. What hurt about Figo's move was that he was the captain and most well-liked player for years who had an exemplary stint and attitude at the club. People would have cared far less had say Hesp moved to RM.

My point was about the disrespect shown towards the club after everything that the club had tolerated for years (his retarded gang that follows him 24/7, his sister's birthday parties, nights out) let alone everything that the club did to bring him over, including all that shady stuff that has helped ruin/negatively impact the club. Not to even mention his stunt during the summer of 2017 where he paralyzed the club, laughed at the club openly and disrespected it openly. Totally spineless behavior. Later to sue the club. Quite frankly it was a joke and shocking behavior considering what I stated above.

And what has the idiot gained from this move other than a bit more money? It was not like he was on a slave wage at Barça. Honestly, screw him. That's how I feel.

BTW, I was one of those users who used to defend Neymar here during the 2014-15 season and I always hoped that he would stay for much longer and maybe develop into a club legend although I always suspected that he and his toxic entourage would seek greener pastures eventually. In other words pastures were you are paid more.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

friendly reminder that divemar actively delayed his departure to collect a 'loyalty' bonus

and then sued us when he didn't get it

not to mention the absolutely mind boggling absences for his sisters' birthdays, no matter if we were in close contention for liga or coming off important CL fixtures.

an utterly unprofessional bellend of a player whose diving talents will be what global fans will remember him by, as evidenced by the past summer's WC.

let him suffer and wallow in the farmer's league.

FCB1987

Banned
We played our best, most dominating and most fluid football between 2008-2011. There was no Neymar back then.

Individual statistics are nice and all but the team is always the most important thing. Statistics are often misleading as well. RM's best season (goalwise) in the league was during the 2011-12 season. No madridista considers that team superior to the 2013-14 or 2016-17 teams for instance.

Lastly no sane culé would ever want to see Neymar back after his scandalous behavior (Figo was not even that bad) and disrespect towards the club. I would not want to see him anywhere near the Camp Nou, unless when playing for QSG who in turn would be receiving their obligatory spanking.

I think our team from January 2015 - February 2016 was better and more enjoyable than any we had under Pep

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

I think our team from January 2015 - February 2016 was better and more enjoyable than any we had under Pep

I enjoyed that time period greatly as well but 12 months of dominance is not comparable to 3 years of dominance. We had a more explosive attack during the "MSN era" but we had a superior midfield and defense during the Pep era and the attack was not much worse. Different eras so no point in comparing them directly.

Not to mention that we had a peak Puyol, Piqué, Alves, Xavi, Iniesta and maybe (arguably) Messi etc. as well although this can be discussed. The team cohesion was greater too.

xXKonan

The amount of hard work that went into defending Ney ended up for nothing on here after what he did.

It was building up though, the amount of bullshit going on off-field and the crap that we went through to sign him which led to so many legal issues and how his entourage kept making fools out of us trying to squeeze money and other crap from us.

It amazes me despite all that there were rumors some people on the board that was willing to sell Dembele+Cash to get Neymar back, despite what he and his entourage pulled in the Summer of 2017. Guess some of those guys still blinded by the money I guess.

Can't deny his talent but his time here ended the day PSG decided to pay his release clause. No reason to get him back especially at the expense of someone like Dembele.

Arizona Scott

I would take him back for a heavy discount. The club did get 240 mil for him. But I'd probably rather spend 150ish on Mbappe, Salah, or Kane if it came down to it.

Jadentheman

I enjoyed that time period greatly as well but 12 months of dominance is not comparable to 3 years of dominance. We had a more explosive attack during the "MSN era" but we had a superior midfield and defense during the Pep era and the attack was not much worse. Different eras so no point in comparing them directly.

Not to mention that we had a peak Puyol, Piqué, Alves, Xavi, Iniesta and maybe (arguably) Messi etc. as well although this can be discussed. The team cohesion was greater too.

I think it was great in terms of pure effective entertainment. Despite the cules on this forum, not many people enjoyed the tiki taka Pep style of play. 2014-2016 was exciting, fast counterattacking possession football. Effective entertainment rather than tactics which only a few can digest. It's like the difference between a chess/go match vs pop concert. One was palatable to ones that like the finer things but the latter everyone can understand.

We played our best, most dominating and most fluid football between 2008-2011. There was no Neymar back then.

Individual statistics are nice and all but the team is always the most important thing. Statistics are often misleading as well. RM's best season (goalwise) in the league was during the 2011-12 season. No madridista considers that team superior to the 2013-14 or 2016-17 teams for instance.

Lastly no sane culé would ever want to see Neymar back after his scandalous behavior (Figo was not even that bad) and disrespect towards the club. I would not want to see him anywhere near the Camp Nou, unless when playing for QSG who in turn would be receiving their obligatory spanking.

You seem to forget that record came with a treble. So those stats do mean something. I believe even Xavi still broke a record that season. Don't put down the 2014-2017 team, they did their part and created a nice but short era.

Last edited:

FCB1987

Banned
The reason why 14-17 was less successful is that a lot of our key players were older compared to the 09-12 team in which virtually every key player besides Puyol was at their peak for all four years.

If our team with MSN had four years with all players at their peak, I think it would have been better and more successful than the 09-12 one.

Jadentheman

Not to mention, the only thing we didn't win in 15-16 was CL itself. The only true failure was 16-17 season though that was due to injuries, some complacency, and bad tactical decisions by Enrique.

Arizona Scott

The quality in the midfield and the back 4 was better 09-12. Yes Neymar/Saurez/Alba were better than their counterparts, but the rest of the prior squad was better individually, more dominant, cohesive (Pep and field leadership like an in prime Xavi) and suffocating to opponents.

George_Costanza

I think it was great in terms of pure effective entertainment. Despite the cules on this forum, not many people enjoyed the tiki taka Pep style of play. 2014-2016 was exciting, fast counterattacking possession football. Effective entertainment rather than tactics which only a few can digest. It's like the difference between a chess/go match vs pop concert. One was palatable to ones that like the finer things but the latter everyone can understand..

Not sure if serious, some of the most entertaining matches in the history of Barcelona (or maybe football) was under Pep era. I would say Rijkaard 2005-06 was more entertaining than MSN 2014-15.

Leo_Messi

I think it was great in terms of pure effective entertainment. Despite the cules on this forum, not many people enjoyed the tiki taka Pep style of play. 2014-2016 was exciting, fast counterattacking possession football. Effective entertainment rather than tactics which only a few can digest. It's like the difference between a chess/go match vs pop concert. One was palatable to ones that like the finer things but the latter everyone can understand.

You seem to forget that record came with a treble. So those stats do mean something. I believe even Xavi still broke a record that season. Don't put down the 2014-2017 team, they did their part and created a nice but short era.

Most of the football world fell in love with our style during the Pep era. It's an absurd myth that it was some kind of boring era devoid of any goals and offensive football. I think that many people, who did not watch Spanish football (La Liga and Copa del Rey) on a regular basis confused the style with what they saw from Spain during the World Cup in 2010. Not that this style was boring either. You can only do so much when your opponent refuses to play football. To claim that we did not play entertaining football is absurd. In particular the 2008-09 and 2010-11 seasons were fantastically entertaining. I suggest rewatching the 2-6 and 5-0 El Clásico games. Some of the most extraordinary displays of football ever recorded.

I am not downplaying the Lucho era at all. Unlike most posters here, I did not and don't consider Lucho an imbecile or some average manager. I just wrote that you cannot compare 12 months of great football with 3 years of great football. That was all.

Arizona Scott

Most of the football world fell in love with our style during the Pep era. It's an absurd myth that it was some kind of boring era devoid of any goals and offensive football. I think that many people, who did not watch Spanish football (La Liga and Copa del Rey) on a regular basis confused the style with what they saw from Spain during the World Cup in 2010. Not that this style was boring either. You can only do so much when your opponent refuses to play football. To claim that we did not play entertaining football is absurd. In particular the 2008-09 and 2010-11 seasons were fantastically entertaining. I suggest rewatching the 2-6 and 5-0 El Clásico games. Some of the most extraordinary displays of football ever recorded.

I am not downplaying the Lucho era at all. Unlike most posters here, I did not and don't consider Lucho an imbecile or some average manager. I just wrote that you cannot compare 12 months of great football with 3 years of great football. That was all.

I am in complete agreement. If you equate "boring" with having your own club/nation being dismantled and suffocated with relentless pressure without the ball and precision with it, where you feel it just isn't fair because of individual quality and yet cohesion they play with, than yes, it was boring.

Home of Barca Fans