Neymar Jr.

Newcomer

im hopeful PSG are left with no choice but to sell to us, i feel like thats our only chance right now. it seems Zidane is pissed off with Perez not buying Pogba so im hoping they go all in for him, leaving us clear to sign Neyney

Think the transfer will happen. Barça officials and PSG officials met in person which means they think the positions can get close enough to make it happen. PSG is obviously open to a sale or they would have shut the door from the start. They just want Barça to come close to their valuation. I see willingness from all the parties.

Imo, PSG is doing a bad trade but if they agree that means Neymar have angered the owners enough. I would prefer a large sum of money because Barça is not offering any essential players. With that money, you can actually go out and pick the players you want and not be restrained by the list of Barça expendables/rejects. And even then, it is mid august, you lose your best player by far and will have to overpay to get the players you want from unwilling teams. It is actually very similar to Barça situation when they "sold" Neymar in the first place. And once again, PSG will make the same mistake by taking Coutinho. It is very funny.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Think the transfer will happen. Barça officials and PSG officials met in person which means they think the positions can get close enough to make it happen. PSG is obviously open to a sale or they would have shut the door from the start. They just want Barça to come close to their valuation. I see willingness from all the parties.

Imo, PSG is doing a bad trade but if they agree that means Neymar have angered the owners enough. I would prefer a large sum of money because Barça is not offering any essential players. With that money, you can actually go out and pick the players you want and not be restrained by the list of Barça expendables/rejects. And even then, it is mid august, you lose your best player by far and will have to overpay to get the players you want from unwilling teams. It is actually very similar to Barça situation when they "sold" Neymar in the first place. And once again, PSG will make the same mistake by taking Coutinho. It is very funny.

Your best player?

But most people here told me Mbappé is your best player by far.

OR, they know that he is 90% done due to his injuries (plus, his personality, of course) and will cash on him now.

They tried to renew his contract recently, but he rejected those offers.

serghei

I don't understand why are we pursuing this so hard. For what? We already boosted the attack by signing one of the best forwards in the world in Griezmann. Why the hassle? Neymar doesn't guarantee you anything in CL. Some of thos 3-0, 4-0 defeats are with him on the field in CL.

DonAK

I don't understand why are we pursuing this so hard. For what? We already boosted the attack by signing one of the best forwards in the world in Griezmann. Why the hassle? Neymar doesn't guarantee you anything in CL. Some of thos 3-0, 4-0 defeats are with him on the field in CL.

We've used two and a half months to make our first appearance and offers to PSG. I don't think we're pushing this hard at all. If anything we're waiting for PSG to accept a bad offer for them and if it doesn't happen, we'll move on.

But if you could move Coutinho and Rakitic and not pay too much in cash, wouldn't you take it? Obviously that's assuming they don't pay 100m on top of that, because that's too much.

No one want to pay even 80m for Coutinho. Bayern want him on a two-year loan deal lol and according to several reporters and journalists we've not received a single offer for Rakitic this summer.

serghei

We've used two and a half months to make our first appearance and offers to PSG. I don't think we're pushing this hard at all. If anything we're waiting for PSG to accept a bad offer for them and if it doesn't happen, we'll move on.

But if you could move Coutinho and Rakitic and not pay too much in cash, wouldn't you take it? Obviously that's assuming they don't pay 100m on top of that, because that's too much.

No one want to pay even 80m for Coutinho. Bayern want him on a two-year loan deal lol and according to several reporters and journalists we've not received a single offer for Rakitic this summer.

Rakitic and Coutinho are expensive players. Only some teams could afford them and their salaries. And those teams are covered in those positions.

I just hope we don't get tricked into paying 100m in cash, or god forbit sell them a starter like Semedo. Don't want to see Dembele in the trade either. I'm worried these guys will do something stupid.

DonAK

Rakitic and Coutinho are expensive players. Only some teams could afford them and their salaries. And those teams are covered in those positions.

Which means we're tanking their value even further by keeping them.

Neymessi

1. if EV will play 3 of them too much=EV is stupid, bad man management
2. if he will rotate too much=EV is stupid, players need consistency and mutual chemistry
3. if he will try to play 4 of them on a field together to make them happy=EV is stupid, he ruined team's balance and our midfield.

Also:
1. if we win a CL=that is due to players, EV is still an idiot
2. if we don't win a CL=this idiot couldn't win a CL even with all these names

There is no way that EV will survive the next season :lol:

I always had a feeling you only said that EV sucks after liverpool to save face. Turns out I was right :lol::lol:

So many likes goes on to show how the forum is starting to revert to "Ev isn't that bad" phase we had before.

Btw, no, no one will blame EV for this because everyone knows we are beyond stacked in the front line. Nice way to defend his past behaviour where he made horrible lineup and subs choice week in week out. :lol:

serghei

Also, Neymar's career has taken a nosedive since the move to PSG.

It's like you had a brand new Ferrari, you sold it to a dumb Sheik for 200.000 euros, and you buy it back after 2 years after the guy crashed it, ruined the paint job, tore off the leather on the seats and everything.

You're basically buying a player in a worse state in absolutely every single area.

Arnaez

Also, Neymar's career has taken a nosedive since the move to PSG.

It's like you had a brand new Ferrari, you sold it to a dumb Sheik for 200.000 euros, and you buy it back after 2 years after the guy crashed it, ruined the paint job, tore off the leather on the seats and everything.

You're basically buying a player in a worse state in absolutely every single area.

He's only worse so far as injuries. He's improved quite a bit as a player, his passing is on a completely differently level now and he hasn't lost any of his speed or dribbling ability.

serghei

He's only worse so far as injuries. He's improved quite a bit as a player, his passing is on a completely differently level now and he hasn't lost any of his speed or dribbling ability.

Completely different level to his Barcelona level? :lol: He's worse in every way possible.

Newcomer

Your best player?

But most people here told me Mbappé is your best player by far.

They tried to renew his contract recently, but he rejected those offers.

I'm an honest person and maybe butthurt fans or patriotic fans (Mbappé being french) will tell you otherwise but Neymar is by far the best PSG player. Then it is Mbappé and Verratti. Then the quality drops a lot and it would be Di Maria when he is hot with Marquinhos and Thiago Silva. The rest are not top players.

Edit : However, Mbappé is worth more and is more desirable because he is so young and you have to factor in he can still progress. Also he has not been injured like Neymar. Neymar despite his injury has the best ratio of goals and assists by game played in the whole history of PSG. This alone should tell you what you need when people say he is bad at PSG.

Last edited:

serghei

Someone hasn't watched PSG at all these years...

He's way better than he was when he left us.

Somebody doesn't understand that at Barcelona he was great against the best teams in the world, and at PSG he was great vs teams from cities known more for mustards and mayonnaise than football.

Neymar was better at PSG than at Barcelona biggest joke of the night. Give me one performance vs an elite team comparable to Neymar's game in the 6-1 vs PSG in the last two years lol.

Riordon

Every data shows that Neymar is clearly a better player than when he left. Where does the idea that he has regressed come from? He is right now better and more rated by PSG fans than Mbappe

Home of Barca Fans