10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
^ yeah right. Guy likes to play with Suarez and have shitty coaches like Valverde. He'd even put barca into extreme financial trouble so he can have another one of his mates here. 0 empathy for him.

booge

Hmmmm

Neymar LW
Dembele RW
Messi CF

I like that. Hopefully Messi realizes it is his time to help others to get more central positions.

eaman

It is pointless to always blame his teammates when he didn’t perform to his usual standards consistently when playing for Argentina.

At least for us when everyone else sucked he continued to excel, not the same case with Argentina. It feels like he had more bad games than good games with Argentina.

But what player would excel in this Argentina team. You can't blame Messi for his teammates inability to put together a few passes and get the ball to him in dangerous areas. He tries not to drop deep so often but he has to because it's so bad in midfield. When he does get on the ball that is usually when Argentina create something. The reason he does it more at barcelona is because we can keep the ball and get it to Messi in more dangerous positions most of the time

Last edited:

booge

this qatar teams strong. google thier fixtures last 5 years.
beat sauda arabia, lost to iran 1-0, drew with paraguay , demolished north korea 6-0, lost to south korea 3-2, beat japan in a final.

argentina will get thier ass handed to them.

booge

With 4 Copa Americas in 6 years, this tournament loses its value. Even more when you think about how few teams there are. Why don't they just include all America?

i agree, it's like theier making all these tournements to give messi a chance to win and still cant.

4 copas in 6 year = a disgrace
its like the nations cup now.

it should be every 3-4 years like it was

raskolnikov

To make money is the real reason. Having messi in adds to that rather than for his sake. They could care less if Argentina choke time and time again.

George_Costanza

this qatar teams strong. google thier fixtures last 5 years.
beat sauda arabia, lost to iran 1-0, drew with paraguay , demolished north korea 6-0, lost to south korea 3-2, beat japan in a final.

argentina will get thier ass handed to them.

Qatar coach is Catalonian and was a La Masia coach from 1996-2006

booge

Qatar coach is Catalonian and was a La Masia coach from 1996-2006

not sure if that is a good thing or not. he will know alot about a young messi close up.

what upsets me about messi is this year he got 50 goals and most of them were against the run of play as he kept bailing the team out.

the possession was a lot lower than what barcelona are used to having, therefore i thought this it would help for Argentina.

i thought he would be used to playing in a alot shitter team than he used to, but it's not worked out that way.

he must be cursed that argentina got even worse than what they were.

it's a curse that won't break and destined to win zero major trophies at international level . he will be like cruyff, di stefano, platini, although ten times better than then, but you know what i mean!

Too many times the luck has been against him for the international.

All you need is a small tad of luck and it is the difference between night and day.

pregra

Random question; why is that Pepe Costa dude accompanying Messi EVERYWHERE? Just read that he has been with the Argentina camp for all of the Copa. A bit strange no?

Home of Barca Fans