Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

Morten

Liverpool already 1-0 up, they just have to hope that City slips, i dont see it happening though, running out of games.

Altomonte

We need Barça to prepare for early high press of Liverpool - cannot afford to sleep through the first 5 minutes like we did against Man Utd. Their top 3 will not miss opportunities like Rashford.

stb_1

We need Barça to prepare for early high press of Liverpool - cannot afford to sleep through the first 5 minutes like we did against Man Utd. Their top 3 will not miss opportunities like Rashford.

5-0 Liverpool. They are so good...

Remind me of Bayern 2013. They can seriously hurt Barca.

FCBfan22

Calma, calma.

Huddersfield is currently the worst team in EPL. By far. I would even say that they are worse than Huesca.

viper76

Liverpool already 1-0 up, they just have to hope that City slips, i dont see it happening though, running out of games.

The last 3 games City has are more difficult than Liverpool's, City is more likely to drop points specially against Burnley.

khaled_a_d

5-0 Liverpool. They are so good...

Remind me of Bayern 2013. They can seriously hurt Barca.

1-Bayern 2013 were much better team (and more rested than this Liverpool)
2-Barca right now is better than 2013 team
3-We were playing with basically a reserve team those games, the list of injured/non-fit players were so big. Bayer would have still beat us if we were healthy, but it was never going to be that big of results.
4-Liverpool can knock us out, but I doubt we will be smashed

Vilarrubi

lol at people looking at Liverpool 5-0 Huddersfield thinking it has any bearing on our game. Huddersfield this season are one of the worst PL teams ever. If we beat Levante 6-0 I’d hope Liverpool fans wouldn’t do the same and think it means anything for our game, doesn’t mean anything.

Centauri B

Huesca would piss all over Huddersfield.

If you compare the two leagues team for team and position for position, then the only match-up that is clearly in favor of the EPL, would be place 4, Chelsea vs Getafe. In all other positions you have very good match-ups such as Valencia - United at 6 (in fact Valencia were a bit better than Man U when they met earlier this year) or Real Betis vs Leicester at 10. In the very low positions, I think the Spanish teams are stronger (which is evident by their points totals & performances against the best teams) for example, Villarreal vs Bournemouth, Celta Vigo vs Southampton.

As for Huddersfield & Fulham, they wouldn't stand a chance against Rayo Vallecano & Huesca (these two can actually play some football)

serghei

If you compare the two leagues team for team and position for position, then the only match-up that is clearly in favor of the EPL, would be place 4, Chelsea vs Getafe. In all other positions you have very good match-ups such as Valencia - United at 6 (in fact Valencia were a bit better than Man U when they met earlier this year) or Real Betis vs Leicester at 10. In the very low positions, I think the Spanish teams are stronger (which is evident by their points totals & performances against the best teams) for example, Villarreal vs Bournemouth, Celta Vigo vs Southampton.

As for Huddersfield & Fulham, they wouldn't stand a chance against Rayo Vallecano & Huesca (these two can actually play some football)

I'd say, oddly, this year the PL is stronger at the top, while La Liga is better overall. It used to be the other way around in recent past. I guess AM and Madrid need to up their game because they were shit this season.

City and Liverpool are a bit stronger this season than Barca and Atletico. And Tottenham are also better than the shitshow Madrid. Chelsea is also better than Getafe. But in the mid and lower section La Liga wins out clearly.

Last edited:

Centauri B

I'd say, oddly, this year the PL is stronger at the top, while La Liga is better overall. It used to be the other way around in recent past. I guess AM and Madrid need to up their game because they were shit this season.

City and Liverpool are a bit stronger this season than Barca and Atletico. And Tottenham are also better than the shitshow Madrid. Chelsea is also better than Getafe. But in the mid and lower section La Liga wins out clearly.

In general terms, I agree with you. But I wouldn't say that Spurs are better than Real Madrid, even this season. Spurs are extremely lucky to be in the CL semis, and they have suffered some very bad defeats lately in their own league.

As for the bold part, well, we are about to find out.

Home of Barca Fans