Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

devo901

[MENTION=26741]devo901[/MENTION], why did you like that crap BBZ comment? Just curious.

I like the fact that he is not talking/arguing aggressively AGAINST people and their ideas - but present his ideas (with a lot of details and not just one liners). Not that I agree with it - but I appreciate the effort of a new/different perspective as it helps me to shape/balance/verify my own view... and besides he fuses keeps the discussion going. In any system the rule is "No progress without disruption."

devo901

[MENTION=26741]devo901[/MENTION]
With respect, I don't think you know the definition of crisis.

is there a definition that we can agree on? Otherwise... OK, so you intended different scenarios, when you said "crisis" ... I understand...

serghei

is there a definition that we can agree on? Otherwise... OK, so you intended different scenarios, when you said "crisis" ... I understand...

Madrid also didn't have any crisis in any of their CL wins because Ronaldo was never injured for their big games in CL. And neither was Ramos if I remember correctly.

Not sure why Liverpool need to prove that they can win without their best players, since Madrid never had to in any of their CL games. Hell, Salah and Firmino missing in the CL semis while at 0-3 aggregate is a bigger crisis than any situation Madrid had to suffer in CL. Don't remember any game in such a situation for Madrid in the Champions League that they had to overturn a 0-3 without Ronaldo and Benzema.

Wolfe usually makes sense, but here, like all of us, he let the bias do the talking.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!

Crisis is defined as an event that could, and in football terms pretty much always does, lead to a disaster i.e. a series of unwanted results for your team form. That does not constitute a loss against RM or against Barcelona. Liverpool haven't had this, they did very well averting them by strengthening most parts of the squad such as the keeper (where they had either both of similar quality and subsequently bought Alisson) or the wings (by buying Shaqiri to supplement rotation). They did smart business. But they eventually will suffer, because there is nobody to replace Van Dijk should he go down. Same with Milner once he loses the primary reason he is here for or goes down long term. Mane is less of a problem, but still far more crucial than it was ever highlighted.

[MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]
Why are you even bringing up the CL? This doesn't devolve just down to a big player being out in a big match. And it's actually more important for regular league fixtures that happen every week for which players are less likely to recover for quickly and hence injury of a key player can, and often does, cause big issues to team form. Ronaldo was never as key to Real Madrid winning league games, many times he was out we coped just fine. It was more often players like Alonso, Modrić, Casemiro, Marcelo or James that caused us to lose shape for stretches of league fixtures. Same with Barcelona having big issues away without Messi (until this season where it's just become a routine) or back in the day Alves, Abidal or Busquets.

Last edited:

serghei

Coaches should force players to use green boots so the guys on VAR room would have trouble distinguishing grass pixels from boot pixels.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Arteta is going to bring arsenal back to glory, he’s doing all the right things.

MAGA 2020 make arsenal great again

Home of Barca Fans