Champions League

soul24rage

15/16 we were most of the time the better team but in the crucial matches we fucked up. The clasico in 2016 should have been a win for Barca but somehow we lost 1-2 as we dont showed
the same fighting spirit as Real.

I'm still mad that we didn't rest our players (especially MSN) vs RM at home in the 15/16 season.

We were like 9 points ahead (correct me if I'm wrong) and MSN just had a trip from South America for the World Cup Qualifiers.

When you consider that these guys played so many games and our squad depth was pathetic at the time (thank the board for that transfer ban), maybe the rest would have done them a world of good.

We were lifeless and had no energy at all in that period.

El Gato

Villarato!
Now you are entering into the realm of empty speculation. How do you know if the mistakes were not the result of their game-plan and 'just' your own wrong-doing?

??
Anyone with eyes could see how the goals were scored. 1st one required zero game plan, 2 CBs getting beaten like mongs. Never mind the other 2 goals or the other chances.

When Jesus was pressuring Varane in the City game last August, Varane made mistakes. You cannot take that away from Jesus and City's game-plan to put pressure on your CBs.

:lol:
Two donkey plays from Varane which never happen to him in other circumstances under pressure and Jesus is supposed to get the credit for it. Christ almighty

FC B

I thought about that the other day. Madrid stopped winning after the VAR introduction. I mean, just look how many times they got lucky with the ref. TWICE against Bayern (2017, 2018) and also against Juve (2017). And their win in 2016 was the easiest route to the final ever, since the introduction of the CL.

History will remember them being so much better than they actually were, I genuinely think both us and Bayern were much better than Real Madrid in each of their 3 CL winning years.

They never were the best team in the competition between 2016-2018 but with enormous and endless luck and refereeing favours they've managed to grab three CL trophies. Unlike their mid 50's CCE wins those will be rememberd differently since there are HD and 4K recordings that will remain forever as proof to how they managed to win them.

Morten

They never were the best team in the competition between 2016-2018 but with enormous and endless luck and refereeing favours they've managed to grab three CL trophies. Unlike their mid 50's CCE wins those will be rememberd differently since there are HD and 4K recordings that will remain forever as proof to how they managed to win them.

Forgot to state, "in my opinion", but i wouldnt expect any better tbh.

Birdy

They were certainly best team in Europe 16/17.
It was a transitional year. City and Liverpool had not risen yet, and both Barca with MSN, and Pep's Bayern under Anceloti were declining.
No accident that Juventus, who were not sth special then, reached the final.

But both in 15/16 and 17/18 it was a joke that they won UCL (for different reasons each time).
These 2 CLs skyrocketed Zidane's legacy, who is now hyped and overrated since then.

Morten

It was a transitional year. City and Liverpool had not risen yet, and both Barca with MSN, and Pep's Bayern under Anceloti were declining.

But both in 15/16 and 17/18 it was a joke that they won UCL (for different reasons each time).
These 2 CLs skyrocketed Zidane's legacy, who is now hyped and overrated since then.

You dont have to be the absolute best team to win CL, in order for it not to be a joke.
15/16 wasn`t spectacular, some dull games (like against City 2x), but we didnt concede much and had winners luck in the penalty shoot-out, not the best winner, but not the worst.
17/18 i`ll give you though.

El Gato

Villarato!

What does that even mean?

Some of you will say absolutely anything to make coping with the three-peat easier for your poor wounded egos.

All we're missing is an obligatory serghei call back to 10/11 :lol:

Keep coping with it lads

KingLeo10

What does that even mean?

Some of you will say absolutely anything to make coping with the three-peat easier for your poor wounded egos.

All we're missing is an obligatory serghei call back to 10/11 :lol:

Keep coping with it lads

They're the deluded "purists".

RM 16/17 was one of the best CL teams ever and could go toe to toe with any of the other great sides of the CL era.

Home of Barca Fans