Champions League

Jair Ventura

Three months with a new manager, first UCL match away at Anfield and we lose 3-2 in extra time. Nothing to be ashamed of. There are issues that need fixed such as the absence of a midfield and the imbalance of the attacking trio, but all things considered, I'm optimistic about where Tuchel can take the team. Verratti will be back for the match at the Parc so I think PSG will be much better.

Jair Ventura

Why was PSG playing passive like that in the second half? They looked more impressive last year.

Verratti was suspend, so Tuchel was forced to play a winger and a CB in the midfield. Both are/were acclimating to new positions on the pitch, causing them to think too much and make mistakes in the way of turnovers and poor passes. So, the team played further back to shorten space between the lines so that they wouldn't be caught out after they lost the ball.

Horatio

You're welcome
Verratti was suspend, so Tuchel was forced to play a winger and a CB in the midfield. Both are/were acclimating to new positions on the pitch, causing them to think too much and make mistakes in the way of turnovers and poor passes. So, the team played further back to shorten space between the lines so that they wouldn't be caught out after they lost the ball.

Okay thanks. Appreciate the insight.

Morten

Three months with a new manager, first UCL match away at Anfield and we lose 3-2 in extra time. Nothing to be ashamed of. There are issues that need fixed such as the absence of a midfield and the imbalance of the attacking trio, but all things considered, I'm optimistic about where Tuchel can take the team. Verratti will be back for the match at the Parc so I think PSG will be much better.

This is just what happens when you meet actual opposition,all that money spent and still a joke team.

Pfmpd1

Psg are lucky Liverpools front 3 are Still nowhere near close to firing on all cylinders.

If the front 3 were, it would have been embarrassing to be honest.

OK, you had a player or 2 missing, but you're supposed to be a European powerhouse with 500m euros upfront.

Jair Ventura

This is just what happens when you meet actual opposition,all that money spent and still a joke team.

You aren't even a real Madridista. Just a glory hunter who latched onto the worlds most successful club as if that's some sort of accomplishment. :lol:

Psg are lucky Liverpools front 3 are Still nowhere near close to firing on all cylinders.

If the front 3 were, it would have been embarrassing to be honest.

OK, you had a player or 2 missing, but you're supposed to be a European powerhouse with 500m euros upfront.

Lol is Liverpool some poor team of beggars? No. PSG under a new manager and a patchwork roster went up against the best team in the EPL and were 3 minutes removed from earning a draw. Get some perspective.

Last edited:

Morten

You aren't even a real Madridista. Just a glory hunter who latched onto the worlds most successful club as if that's some sort of accomplishment. :lol:

Okay, now you are just making things up, and besides, im not the one who constantly brags about RM players everytime they do something well, you are the one who latched onto Mbappe/Ney Ney as if you accomplished something.

Pfmpd1

Lol is Liverpool some poor team of beggars? No. PSG under a new manager and a patchwork roster went up against the best team in the EPL and were 3 minutes removed from earning a draw. Get some perspective.

Absolutely not, but remind me how much neymar and mbappe cost?

You were extremely lucky to be at 2-2 to be honest, and you know it.

Jair Ventura

Okay, now you are just making things up, and besides, im not the one who constantly brags about RM players everytime they do something well, you are the one who latched onto Mbappe/Ney Ney as if you accomplished something.

Lol I've literally never seen an actual Madridista say they'd support Barca over some irrelevant club like PSG, who isn't a rival or direct competitor. Only you.

Jair Ventura

Absolutely not, but remind me how much neymar and mbappe cost?

You were extremely lucky to be at 2-2 to be honest, and you know it.

Lol how much did Alisson cost? Did he come on a free? What about Naby Keïta :thinking:

They were lucky Verratti was handed a suspicion nearly 8 months ago that he was forced to serve today. Luck's a part of football, stuff happens.

Tiny Kim

Patchwork roster? That's shouldn't be an excuse. Liverpool had a "patchwork roster" too. They didn't have Ox or Lallana. Keita was not used and neither was Fabinho. Firmino only came in for 20 minutes. Their midfield were Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum, none of whom would be cosidered good enough to start for PSG.

Jair Ventura

Patchwork roster? That's shouldn't be an excuse. Liverpool had a "patchwork roster" too. They didn't have Ox or Lallana. Keita was not used and neither was Fabinho. Firmino only came in for 20 minutes. Their midfield were Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum, none of whom would be cosidered good enough to start for PSG.

Yes. Playing Marquinhos + Di Maria in midfield, Bernat being with the team for only a week = Patchwork roster.

Also:

https://twitter.com/Caley_graphics/status/1042163758922166272

We're fine.

Last edited:

Tiny Kim

Lol how much did Alisson cost? Did he come on a free? What about Naby Keïta :thinking:

They were lucky Verratti was handed a suspicion nearly 8 months ago that he was forced to serve today. Luck's a part of football, stuff happens.

Did Keita play at all? Alisson costs £120m less than Neymar did. And lucky? Liverpool had to make do without Lovren, Chamberlain and Lallana, all of whom would be starting if they were not injured. PSG were the lucky ones.

Joan

Based on reproaching Morten for cheering Madrid, I'd imagine you support some farmers...

Wait, you do

(I kid, I kid)

Only natural Tuchel needs time. Question: is Bernat meant as a starting LB or a backup for Kurzawa?

Pfmpd1

Allison cost 54m rising to 66m, keita cost 52m.

How much did neymar and mbappe cost?

Anyway, verrati wouldn't have made that much difference for you.

Also, keita didn't even play.

I genuinely think mbappe made a mistake going to psg, he should have stayed at Monaco. Psg do not get tested untill a rare occasion they meet a top team in the CL group stage. And then after the group, they get dumped out.

Obvious reasons why top European teams dump psg out therfore.

I feel for mbappe, he is genuinely a world class forward already, he should of stayed put and moved to a top club in the window just gone.

Home of Barca Fans