Champions League

devo901

OK OK OK, I give in.... let me collect the overall sentiment then:

barca, madrid, psg, juve, city.... they all suck .
:rolleyes:
only pool is great - although they had problems having salzburg under control in a rubber match. ... :confused:

btw Bayern "only has an interims Trainer" Flick has, which is rare in münchen, a very good relationship with the players. This is why I think he is an asset.

Last edited:

devo901

You have not seen PSG play if you think they are top tier.
did you see the linking between ney and mbappe - you cannot defend this first touch deep passing - no way - not even pool.
Bayern has had trouble this season too as evidenced by their league form. They just had an easy group with a poor Tottenham as competitor.
18points from 6 games and you question their form? we did not even score against slavia! and only with luck drawing vs bvb!

Juve is not that good either but manage to win no matter what.
that is the way how excellent teams win touranments - they win even on bad days - this shows their potential. we lost against levante!

mc_lovin

did you see the linking between ney and mbappe - you cannot defend this first touch deep passing - no way - not even pool.

18points from 6 games and you question their form? we did not even score against slavia! and only with luck drawing vs bvb!

that is the way how excellent teams win touranments - they win even on bad days - this shows their potential. we lost against levante!

You know that they are 7th(!!!) in Bundesliga? ;D

Centauri B

1. PSG are top tier. Anyone doubting that are out of their minds.

2. Bayern's group was atrocious, 2 farmers' teams and an extremely inconsistent Spurs that are only now finding some form. Slavia were far and away the best of the small-league teams in this season's CL. They gave all of Barca, Dortmund & Inter real scares and caused damage. They could have beaten BVB in Germany!

3. If you think EV's Barca are sometimes dour, then you must have not watched Juve this season.

Newcomer

I'm a PSG fan and i never miss a game.

For instance, Neymar and Mbappe link up and understanding is out of this world but they have rarely played together due to their respective injuries in 2019.

The problem is in tough game, the full backs are not good enough and the midfield suffers, which means Neybappe are isolated. However good they are, they can't dribble past a full midfield and defense of a well drilled world class team.
You can take the last year Liverpool games as a template. In the return leg, PSG had Verratti in good form who owned the midfield with the help of Neymar dropping back. Verratti was more important than Mbappé. You won't see the latter much in a big game (so far). But he can still score out of his only opportunity. This year, the midfield has not proven to be good enough but the jury is still out because they are all out of form due to injuries (yes, every single player of PSG is injured this year).

serghei

Are you serious? If Liverpool play anywhere near to what they are capable to play they smash PSG. The ball won't even get to Neymar and Mbappe.

As mentally labile as we are, Barcelona and Madrid are the only teams that can knock out Liverpool.

KingLeo10

I feel like the below should become a standard PSA for anyone hyping PSG, until they manage to prove otherwise.

12-13: Eliminated by Barca with 1 leg Messi
13-14: Eliminated by Chelsea
14-15: Trashed by Barca
15-16: Lost to a limp City
16-17: Remontada
17-18: Clowned by Madrid
18-19: Lost to United academy kids

ABSOLUTELY no one is scared of them.

El Gato

Villarato!
There’s that, but they’ve also really not been too lucky with the draws. I mean, yes, United were shite, but it’s quite regularly been them vs a marquee European side. It’s easy to develop a mental block when circumstances don’t favour you and it’s consistently the same kind of dynamic. If they get a reasonably poor team, a kind of Lyon that they usually whip in the league, say Atalanta, they might be a tougher match with this manager and this squad. Not will, but might. Constant tomfoolery and embarrassments eventually do end as well, sometimes a luck of the draw does help. City were very close to the final in 15/16, still their best performance in the knockout stage to date. It’s possible PSG can have a similar arc - good but not really a contender. Even Spurs stopped being losers last year.

Barcilliant

Psg are a very good side. The problem is mentally. It's between the ears. Ligue-1 does them no favors. It's almost too easy. When the chips are down the team goes missing.
If they had a few leaders in their team they would be a handful. Guys like Silva and Verratti are pussies of the highest order.

Andresito

Staff member
PSG will reach at least semifinals this year unless injuries hit them big or if Neymar goes to his sister's birthday party.

devo901

I feel like the below should become a standard PSA for anyone hyping PSG, until they manage to prove otherwise.

12-13: Eliminated by Barca with 1 leg Messi
13-14: Eliminated by Chelsea
14-15: Trashed by Barca
15-16: Lost to a limp City
16-17: Remontada
17-18: Clowned by Madrid
18-19: Lost to United academy kids

ABSOLUTELY no one is scared of them.

How do CL results that were 2+ years ago impact current CL season results?
Unless it resulted in a severe mental trauma (Rom, Liverpool) I do not see relevance... :gap:

Home of Barca Fans