Champions League

Messigician

Pipe down you bums

Stop gassing loserpool, they had 0 shots on target Atletico got exactly what they wanted

A goal a cleansheet, all they need is 1 away goal at Anfield and VAMOS loserpool

Barcilliant

😃 People actually fancy our chances. We have a shit, weak mentality. Even when Chelsea fluked it in 2012 they still had character and leaders in the seniors.

Our seniors are a bunch of pussies. That Anfield meltdown was proof of it. Let us first get past Napoli. I don't even think we'll d o that.

mc_lovin

These teams are actually better at capitalising on chances better than us. We dont have Suarez. Messi suffers from a lack of 9 or threat in the box.

We have always been "favourites" but will be knocked out some way or another. Against us, even the average teams are gonna look impressive.

I generally think most knockout games are won/lost in midfield. We can match anyone there, the rest depends on Messi (and Griezmann). AGain, Im not saying we are favorites or anything, but I am very relaxed going into the knockout games this season. I expect nothing, but there arent any other teams I would expect to win the CL as well.

mc_lovin

�� People actually fancy our chances. We have a shit, weak mentality. Even when Chelsea fluked it in 2012 they still had character and leaders in the seniors.

Our seniors are a bunch of pussies. That Anfield meltdown was proof of it. Let us first get past Napoli. I don't even think we'll d o that.

If you are talking about me, no, I dont fancy our chances. But theres no reason to be afraid either.

JamDav1982

I generally think most knockout games are won/lost in midfield. We can match anyone there, the rest depends on Messi (and Griezmann). AGain, Im not saying we are favorites or anything, but I am very relaxed going into the knockout games this season. I expect nothing, but there arent any other teams I would expect to win the CL as well.

The teams that have been winning the CL in last 10 years have almost all been the teams that have been the best in the world on the break.

Even Barca 2009, 2012 and 2015 were deadly when broke and probably the best going at that time.

Liverpool, Real, Bayern all been up there as best teams in world at hitting teams on break as well.

This Barca side is miles off that. The play will be slow, pass to Messi dropping off to get ball to feet and he will try to driblle or pass through them.

henias

Team is won by largely midfield AND attack, although defence still has to do their part. I still think we are worse than expected, considering the squad is ageing, and we lack the attack nowadays. Now that Suarez is out, it's pretty much all Messi. I wouldn't also, pin too much hope on Griezmann since he's the type to put out 1 decent game, and several consecutive bad games and the type to score one easiest chance out of 5. Hardly stepped up for any big games as of now.

I would say we have less chances as of now compared to past 2 seasons.

mc_lovin

The teams that have been winning the CL in last 10 years have almost all been the teams that have been the best in the world on the break.

Even Barca 2009, 2012 and 2015 were deadly when broke and probably the best going at that time.

Liverpool, Real, Bayern all been up there as best teams in world at hitting teams on break as well.

This Barca side is miles off that. The play will be slow, pass to Messi dropping off to get ball to feet and he will try to driblle or pass through them.

There are no prime Barcelona, Real Madrid or Munich to compete against though - thats my point. And they all had by far the best midfields as well, Real especially started winning once they got their all star midfield.

JamDav1982

There are no prime Barcelona, Real Madrid or Munich to compete against though - thats my point. And they all had by far the best midfields as well, Real especially started winning once they got their all star midfield.

I never said there was. I said the teams dominating the CL have been those that are the best at breaking with ball and Barca are nowhere near that.

Lets see how it goes.

Slevinn

Psg will beat Dortmund 4-0 or something like that. Dortmund is shit in big away games.

Can see Liverpool put 3 past Atletico as well.

Home of Barca Fans