Achraf Hakimi

JamDav1982

Dont really buy into this idea of Hakimi stopping Semedo going there... Semedo does not have enough going forward to be a wing back at a top club.

El Gato

Villarato!
Just shut up Morten.

Yes, Carvajal is not getting any younger, he's 28, contract runs out in 2022 so he's slated for a chunky extension to wind his future down with us Marcelo-style. Seemingly anyway.

No, Carvajal is not some fucking scrub that is 10x worse than Hakimi offensively + he's light years ahead of him defensively and couldn't be replaced by him, Odriozola, young Hakimi (in 17/18) or Danilo. Carvajal sealed titles, CL knockout and final wins with his assists. His 'decline' is nowhere near where you seem to think it is. At the moment, after a relatively poor 19/20, he's part of a defensive block that is 2nd in Europe for total goals conceded.

Yes, he does need a competitor. Odriozola is somewhat of a dim lad who makes bad decisions and lacks awareness. A tryhard and heart ruling head, so not too smart it seems, but not that he's doomed. He'll probably be on loan next season and if he gets a grip, he might get another shot. Vazquez or Nacho patchwork at RB won't suffice if he's injured though.

No, Hakimi doesn't want to be a competitor. He seems to see it as 'my way or the highway' in that he wants to play. Like Marcos Llorente did. Fair play. But Real have zero reason to bin an all-time great Spanish RB to give him what he wants.

Yes, Hakimi's a great attacking option. He'd give us a lot more flexibility tactically, but...

No, he's not NEARLY a reliable defender. He's 3x as poor 1-on-1 while Carvajal has pocketed Ribery, Neymar and several others on multiple occasions. Even Bale was a better LB in his early years than Hakimi is and that appears to be the positional trajectory with Achraf. He's an athletic WB who likes to get in the box. He may or may not be a winger soon, but even in a Conte system he'll be asked to defend. In our system he'd have to PROVE he can defend before he gets time.

If he doesn't want this and doesn't care about the club nearly as much, then I'm prepared to pass. Painful as it is to lose a future asset. Especially for so cheap with no buyback as rumors indicate now.

Last edited:

Morten

I never said Carvajal wasnt good enough, i think he has been quite good this season.
It would be nice if Hakimi staid to compete, but if he wants guaranteed spot, then i understand why we sell him, he isnt better than Carvajal yet.

Though, hasnt he played almost like a winger for Dortmund? Our right flank isnt that strong, it would have been interesting to see him in that position, considering he probably wouldnt take too many games away from Carvajal.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Asked about Achraf, Zidane replied:
He is one of our players right now, but anything can happen. He has had a good season. At this club there are two things – the economic side and the sporting side. We know both situations. Things may happen soon, but my focus is on the sporting side of things and on the game tomorrow. I’m not saying I’m not interested in Achraf’s situation, but that’s a club matter. There’s the club, there’s the player and there’s the coach. All three of these aspects are important and there are things that are decided.

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2020...chraf-hakimi-transfer-press-conference-getafe

El Gato

Villarato!
Sold.

No word of buyback in the announcement. Spanish with conflicting reports indicating there is one, Italians know nothing of it.

Ugh.

Edit: Some sources, notably transfermarkt, indicate Real may have secured the rights to match incoming offers, as in Mariano-to-Lyon deal where nothing was announced officially. Which would make more sense for Inter than agreeing to a set buyback number since they'd have no obligation to accept anything on any specific date. So that in itself may not be too far-fetched even if it's still hopeful gymnastics by fans and media.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sold.

No word of buyback in the announcement. Spanish with conflicting reports indicating there is one, Italians know nothing of it.

Ugh.

Edit: Some sources, notably transfermarkt, indicate Real may have secured the rights to match incoming offers, as in Mariano-to-Lyon deal where nothing was announced officially. Which would make more sense for Inter than agreeing to a set buyback number since they'd have no obligation to accept anything on any specific date. So that in itself may not be too far-fetched even if it's still hopeful gymnastics by fans and media.

Rights to match incoming offers is such a useless clause. The only thing that happens is that you get notified whenever another club makes an official offer the selling club are accepting, which the player's agent will tell you anyway beforehand.

Morten

Its not up to us anymore, but we should still be in a decent position to buy him back in the future, assuming he keeps improving.

Porque

Don't forget that Dortmund is a re-seller club. Perhaps they do not see financial benefit in purchasing Hakimi and reselling after wages.

Perhaps they see enough potential in Mateu Morey to warrant developing him and selling him on rather than sinking 40m into Hakimi.

Home of Barca Fans