Juan Miranda

FCBfan22

He is nothing like Alba. Don't think he would suit our style (4-3-3) either as he doesnt seem to have pace to run up and down the flank.

Actually, that's pretty good for us IMO. If Miranda doesn't bomb forward like Alba, that would allow Semedo to be more attacking. Teams have figured out Alba's penalty spot low cross already.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, that's pretty good for us IMO. If Miranda doesn't bomb forward like Alba, that would allow Semedo to be more attacking. Teams have figured out Alba's penalty spot low cross already.

Only Semedo showed absolutely 0 going forward in all his competitive matches.

His 3 pre-season matches were ok but it's only friendlies against mixed teams that weren't top tier to being with.

messi1995

why are people talking about promotion of Miranda and Puig? let them develope in peace for the B team. Rushing them will ruin their career. Miranda has more potential than Cucu, but being backup for the first team is never good without B team experience.

khaled_a_d

why are people talking about promotion of Miranda and Puig? let them develope in peace for the B team. Rushing them will ruin their career. Miranda has more potential than Cucu, but being backup for the first team is never good without B team experience.

For once I agree with you, only player that basically skipped B team to 1st team and succeeded was Messi.
Segunda B is pefrect for player development, way better than Segunda. It allows players to adapt to physicality of the game against adults while still being student with less pressure and more leeway for mistakes which is important for young players

Raketa10

Yeah because third tier competition will improve Miranda IMMENSELY. Eirher we promote him or buy another LB who will block his move next year. For me there is no doubt what should we do. The only thing we should not do is to rely on Cucu for the entire year. Honestly if we wanted for Miranda to stay at B team for one more season we should have kept Digne for additional year.

99% of you want Valverde to promote young players and now when there is a clear chance it’s suddenly too soon. Well that’s life you ge a chance and you grab it or don’t, you can not choose the timing to fit you perfectly. Puig can stay for another season with B team since he is physically too weak but I am sure Miranda is far better solution than Cucu for Alba’s alternative.

Last edited:

Jallo

Yeah because third tier competition will improve Miranda IMMENSELY. Eirher we promote him or buy another LB who will block his move next year. For me there is no doubt what should we do. The only thing we should not do is to rely on Cucu for the entire year. Honestly if we wanted for Miranda to stay at B team for one more season we should have kept Digne for additional year.

99% of you want Valverde to promote young players and now when there is a clear chance it’s suddenly too soon. Well that’s life you ge a chance and you grab it or don’t, you can not choose the timing to fit you perfectly. Puig can stay for another season with B team since he is physically too weak but I am sure Miranda is far better solution than Cucu for Alba’s alternative.

Miranda and Puig can stay with the B team as they train regularly with the first team. They could play some minutes here and there, but they would mostly be B team players. Last year Digne barely played, Miranda could in theory use those minutes or half to get ready. Puig is more difficult cause the midfield is overloaded, but he could at least train with the first team regularly.
My point being at this Miranda is not an upgrade or downgrade on Digne, he should be involved with the first team as much as possible.

Raketa10

Miranda and Puig can stay with the B team as they train regularly with the first team. They could play some minutes here and there, but they would mostly be B team players. Last year Digne barely played, Miranda could in theory use those minutes or half to get ready. Puig is more difficult cause the midfield is overloaded, but he could at least train with the first team regularly.
My point being at this Miranda is not an upgrade or downgrade on Digne, he should be involved with the first team as much as possible.

Is there some rule of how much games for A team you can play after you have to be promoted?

soul24rage

it really depends on how many 1st team games EV is planning to play him if he is promoted this season. if EV plays him for 10 games in La liga and Copa del rey together then I would promote him. If not then play him in Barca B. I think 10 1st team games are more useful than all Barca B games in the third division.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Why is pace necessary to fit in a 4-3-3?

Marcelo is no speed merchant at all, yet excels in exactly the same formation making use of his dribbling/crossing/through ball abilities. Miranda clearly was making plenty of runs yesterday though.

Honestly I think he'll develop well either way being in the B team or first team. Alba needs more rest these days and isn't exactly injury free all the time. He could get solid minutes for his first season as a backup if that's the case. It's not like for Puig where there are 11 players in midfield ahead of him, only one. If he's in the B team he gets to improve via starting week in week out.

PhilS

If no LB gets acquired, then the team could just go with no dedicated LB backup on the bench for most games. Roberto and Vermaelen or Lenglet could be the emergency LB substitutes, or switch to 3 man back line. Miranda could be called up from Barca B for selected games, when Alba needs rest.

khaled_a_d

Why is pace necessary to fit in a 4-3-3?

Marcelo is no speed merchant at all, yet excels in exactly the same formation making use of his dribbling/crossing/through ball abilities. Miranda clearly was making plenty of runs yesterday though.

Honestly I think he'll develop well either way being in the B team or first team. Alba needs more rest these days and isn't exactly injury free all the time. He could get solid minutes for his first season as a backup if that's the case. It's not like for Puig where there are 11 players in midfield ahead of him, only one. If he's in the B team he gets to improve via starting week in week out.

Messi passes to Albs (and vice versa) is a key component of the team game play, and in general I think we are more suited to have a speedster FB and a playmaking one. but for back up it doesn't have to be that way.

BBZ8800

Messi passes to Albs (and vice versa) is a key component of the team game play, and in general I think we are more suited to have a speedster FB and a playmaking one. but for back up it doesn't have to be that way.

Imo, Messi passes to Albe since Alba is a hybrid Lb-Lw in our team now since we don't have a left winger due to Messi and Suarez playing in the middle.
In a few years, when we won't have Messi and Suarez, we'll probably have some "normal" Lw and Cf, so a Lb will be just a Lb, and not a Lb-Lw.

Andrew M

Imo, Messi passes to Albe since Alba is a hybrid Lb-Lw in our team now since we don't have a left winger due to Messi and Suarez playing in the middle.
In a few years, when we won't have Messi and Suarez, we'll probably have some "normal" Lw and Cf, so a Lb will be just a Lb, and not a Lb-Lw.

The wingers will always cut inside, though. Full backs provide the width for most teams these days.

Home of Barca Fans