21 - Frenkie de Jong

YodaMaster

Obviously I was rooting like hell for this transfer but now if the last news aren't fake and Barto&co really did put that last offer, if FDJ still decides to join PSG then fuck this dude. All I wanted from the beginning is to see the Barça board move for him since the guy licked Messi's balls for months and seemed to be a fanboy of the club.

We'll still have to wait for the conclusion and the details of this case before going mad. Some could say Barça moved too late for him but as someone replied, dude isn't leaving Ajax before June so there shouldn't be problems.

I suspect his girlfriend having a big impact in this whole situation. But if FDJ is a pussy who wants to run his football career based on his girlfriend's fashion preferences, then it's even worse.

Another theory that I read more than once is that FDJ sees PSG just as a half way stop and that he wants Barça to be his final destination when he'll approach his prime. You can't really blame that kind of reasoning, that's how football worked in the 90's (Ronaldinho played at PSG before Barça, R9 and Romario played at PSV before Barça) but it doesn't work this way anymore. Plus PSG is already a top 10 top 5 club in the world. Above all, never in life will those PSG snakes sell a player to Barça.

FinBarcelonafan

Obviously I was rooting like hell for this transfer but now if the last news aren't fake and Barto&co really did put that last offer, if FDJ still decides to join PSG then fuck this dude. All I wanted from the beginning is to see the Barça board move for him since the guy licked Messi's balls for months and seemed to be a fanboy of the club.

We'll still have to wait for the conclusion and the details of this case before going mad. Some could say Barça moved too late for him but as someone replied, dude isn't leaving Ajax before June so there shouldn't be problems.

I suspect his girlfriend having a big impact in this whole situation. But if FDJ is a pussy who wants to run his football career based on his girlfriend's fashion preferences, then it's even worse.

Another theory that I read more than once is that FDJ sees PSG just as a half way stop and that he wants Barça to be his final destination when he'll approach his prime. You can't really blame that kind of reasoning, that's how football worked in the 90's (Ronaldinho played at PSG before Barça, R9 and Romario played at PSV before Barça) but it doesn't work this way anymore. Plus PSG is already a top 10 top 5 club in the world. Above all, never in life will those PSG snakes sell a player to Barça.

Exactly. You can't escape the PSG prison, that's the problem. If he goes to PSG, he knows he will rott for his whole career there. It sounds like a suicide mission to me.

Jair Ventura

So can you explain this project to me? It sounds bullshit. It's more like: Do you want to make a lot of money playing in an easy league?

YES.

No, I can’t explain the obvious to you. I don’t have the time. But I’m sure if you think about it long enough you’ll find an explanation for why someone would want to build a club in Paris.

YodaMaster

Obviously I love FDJ as a player, I do think he has the potential to be one of the best. But Barça is more important than any player. Barça shouldn't never make a whore of itself just to seduce a player. This dumbass board did that already with Neymar and God knows how much I hate them for that.

FDJ may be the generational talent as it's often said. But it's okay, there are other promising guys. If he ends up at PSG, we should focus on Aouar and Puig's development. These two are incredible talents too. Arthur already looks like a starter at 22.

The main problem is the same though: I don't trust this board, I don't trust their ability to make the right choices for the club.

gregorrin10

Until it's actually confirmed if he really does choose P$G instead even with our late extraordinary offer, which now finally seems to be a reality, there's no need for the name thread calling. Absolutely childish stuff. Imagine if there's a twist and he joins us after all. I bet the one who changed the thread title is gonna be real proud of that one...:angry:

serghei

I don't care if he joins us or not, Farmer de Jong is a great name. Kudos to the one who brought it up. Fits like a glove.

Joan

Until it's actually confirmed if he really does choose P$G instead even with our late extraordinary offer, which now finally seems to be a reality, there's no need for the name thread calling. Absolutely childish stuff. Imagine if there's a twist and he joins us after all. I bet the one who changed the thread title is gonna be real proud of that one...:angry:

Did you write a similar post in Valverde's thread?

I thought it wasn't ok at first, but not anymore.

YodaMaster

Guys I dislike PSG as much as y'all. But we have to be fair about some things.

It's true that Ligue 1 is a shit league. Considering frenchmen are the first ones to recognize it, I don't even know how somebody could argue and say otherwise.

Despite that, PSG's sportive project can still be attractive in some ways. PSG have a very strong squad. If you compare their group with Europe's best (Barça, Real, Bayer, Juve, City, Liverpool) PSG is clearly one of the most talent stacked team in Europe. Their big flaw is the midfield since Motta got old and retired and Matuidi, Lo Celso and Pastore left (+ Rabiot). PSG is working on fixing that.

My point is that, they easily have the potential to win a CL in the next 5 years. And I'll go y'all way and say Barça still has a bigger chance of winning it.

Now put yourself in FDJ's shoes, what's better ?
1. To win 2 CL in the next 5 years at Barça
OR
2. To win 1 CL with PSG then move to a club like Barça/Real and maybe win it there again ?

Do you get what I'm saying ? If you win a CL with PSG, you'll become an instant legend of this club because it will be the first time ever for PSG. And winning a CL might forever change the history of the club. If PSG wins a CL, that'll definitely give them "big club" status and they'll just shout everywhere "best club in the world". All this will ease even more future wins in CL. Maybe in 2050, PSG will have 5 CL's but guys like Neymar, Mbappé and FDJ will be the pioneers of all that.

Cruyff is Barça's biggest legend and his dream team will always be the most important team because without them, none of what happened in the 2000s and 2010s would have happened.

Going to PSG today and winning just one CL there is the easiest way to make history and to have your name remembered forever in what could become a big club.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Hold the door

Holthedor

Holthdor

Hodor

Neymar jr

Naymar jr

Narmar jr

Farmar jr

It was in the name all along, lads

INCROYABLE!!!

Devils

If we miss out on FDJ we should take a look at Kai Havertz (who is barely even mentioned on the forum surprisingly).

Incredible talent. Only 19 years of age too.

My scouting reports of him are pristine.

serghei

Rakitic will probably leave next summer even if Valverde stays. If FDJ is as good as it's been said, he'll play just like Arthur is. The players who don't play enough, and I'm everything but a Valverde apologist, are the ones who didn't prove too much and didn't make a case for themselves as to force the manager's hand.

What we're asking from the manager is more leniency for the players who are slow starters and aren't proving much, and that's normal, and the thing Valverde is getting wrong imo. But if Frenkie is as good as it's been said, he'll play purely on merit like Arthur. It won't be a case of generosity from the manager in order for him to get minutes.

Valverde is the type of manager who scarcely hands out chances if he doesn't get immediate signals from certain players, but the players who show to be special do get them. The problems can appear with the ones who aren't very confident while still having quality, and if FDJ is part of this category, yes, a manager like Ernie could make his life harder.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans