21 - Frenkie de Jong

Neeraj

Difficult to rate him today. Sure, he wasn't great, but then, I felt the game bypassed the midfield much of that first half. And then he was CB for much of the second, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Havesaks

Liked him. He can beat his man and create space for passes he did that in first half. When he is on the ball I feel like he is a quality player. He just sometimes doesn?t have enough touches - at least that?s my feel of it.

Andresito

Staff member
Should be benched ASAP. Very low quality compared to what's expected. Has played a lot of minutes, so he can use a break to rest and reflect.

BusiTheKing

Seems like I rate him much more than the rest on here. I think there's a great amount of work in his fundamental play. Moving, defensive disciplin, making offensive runs to get the ball out of pressure.

JPM85

Difficult to rate him today. Sure, he wasn't great, but then, I felt the game bypassed the midfield much of that first half. And then he was CB for much of the second, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Our midfield is bypassed already for 4 games. The moment Messi started to ask for the ball around midline circle, just like he did last seasons.
We are slowly going back to Frenkie dropping into 9 position because there is nobody up front.

Tactic is obvious again, Messi gets the ball, Frenkie lures someone away from the left side and Alba gets the ball...rinse repeat.

JPM85

He shouldn't even be doing that, that's the whole point.
Messi shouldn't drop back to built up our play and in case he is doing, Griezmann should cover 9 instead of FDJ.

Our issue from the last seasons has always been that our midfield is just to cover some ground and try to intercept and press.
It offers nothing in built up or controlling the game because it's either Pique / Lenglet driving the ball towards midline and Messi waiting there to continue.

Vilarrubi

I forgot he was on the field yesterday, in a good way. He just did his job, nothing special. Better than cringing every time Rakitic was pressed in his last few years.

Home of Barca Fans