21 - Frenkie de Jong

Bobo32

Glad to make you all happy
I am sure you were not so happy when Pep started using Busquets instead of Toure...
Maybe you were like my mates, who didn't see Busquets greatness until 2012 or something.

Let us see how many goals DJ score the rest of the season, and what his status would be among you if he suddenly stopped scoring...
For me, his goal in the weekends game could as well be scored by that mythical 12th player...

vegitot

I am sure you were not so happy when Pep started using Busquets instead of Toure...
Maybe you were like my mates, who didn't see Busquets greatness until 2012 or something.

Let us see how many goals DJ score the rest of the season, and what his status would be among you if he suddenly stopped scoring...
For me, his goal in the weekends game could as well be scored by that mythical 12th player...

De Jong may not score any goal till the end of season and he still will have more goals than Puig.

Now you compare Busquest - Toure situation to Puig. Funny it is Puig who is benched for others, not vice versa.

Messigician

"But but his best position is CDM idk why Valverde is playing him further forward."

Koeman and Barca forum members on here sure are funny sometimes :)

vegitot

"But but his best position is CDM idk why Valverde is playing him further forward."

Koeman and Barca forum members on here sure are funny sometimes :)

And De Jong actually played quite well (or OK) under Valverde compare to his pre December this season.

Now he is a beast.

vegitot

Since De Jong plays his best football now, is Busquest the one that made De Jong bad in the beginning??? Just wonder :)

malvolio

i understand what you are trying to say. my impression is that we'll still have to search for the type of midfielder that we thought frenkie would be.

we are coming off a period in which we had the best midfielders in the world and those players knew how to control the tempo of a game and had better passing accuracy and diversity.

even now, i see busquets as the best passer in the team. frenkie is more like a pogba type of midfielder, but without the long range threat.

it's good for him that he found form and starts to be important. but still way off the best midfielder in the world label that some people are attaching to his name. i'll have to see him do good against better teams.

Since De Jong plays his best football now, is Busquest the one that made De Jong bad in the beginning??? Just wonder :)

forum de amigos have been taking Ls since the beginning of the season. all their theories about our players have been proven to be fantasies.

JamDav1982

Koeman has more or less got him to be the player he was at Ajax but with more goals.

Last season he like a lot of the other players were too often thought of having to be set up in team to cover old legs. The midfield in particular was a mess as were set up to cover two thirds of a front three who couldnt contribute enough off the ball..

FDJ now has the freedom he had at Ajax and game has been given back to a midfield withe freedom to play their own game more.

Will be hairy against top teams if Pedri and FDJ are both trying to break into box and full backs push on. Busquets lack of pace will be very exposed. Will need to tweak it for those games.

If Barca wanted a Xavi/Iniesta they shouldnt have bought FDJ. Would be better off selling him than trying to get him to play like them.

Home of Barca Fans