21 - Frenkie de Jong

mc_lovin

In what world would Valverde or any coach undermine the competition for spots. He wont just say, well, Frenkie is the best, Rest can fuck off.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He has to play as the pivot. Both Rakitic/Busi should be benched but the spot FDJ has to take is the CDM, based on his performances. He completely dictates the game there and has his largest area of action, contributing to buildup on either side and at any level of verticality. He even got an assist from that role today.

As a CM, you could see him make a lot more forward/overlapping runs around the wing and even positioned near the 9 area when he played there with Dembele the other day. A lot more off ball but Barca/FDJ suffer from him getting less touches when he plays like that. We absolutely need him dictating the play in the middle and not being so much of an outlet. I'm convinced that he has to be the pivot rather than LCM/RCM because of this.

CDM isn't a static position for De Jong anyhow. He will easily have the most touches in every single game from that role and be highly influential in our buildup to the final 3rd. The quality of ball movement and buildup play genuinely looked so different from anything I've seen at Barca in years in that first 70 minutes when he had the reigns of the midfield from deep.

VN10

Some funny comments from January and also some big OOOOOF's [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] [MENTION=14527]te amo barca[/MENTION] [MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION] [MENTION=19224]raki[/MENTION] [MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION] [MENTION=22463]Joan[/MENTION]

It is OK that he goes to PSG.
We need to move on and focus on other targets.

Is anyone glad we missed on him?
He's more an immature all-round midfielder without a specialized skill set. He'd be easy turning into a medicore player.

I would prefer Ndombele over him

we need to be smarter than auctioning for hyped up kids who haven't proven anything yet.

He can be tidy with the ball and all that, but this kid is not the profile we need mentality wise. As I said, we should try to find us a younger Arthuro Vidal. We already have the controller in Arthur who is better than De Jong.

So fucking salty over a dutch league player. Plenty of other young midfielders out there man.

He's probably a worse diva than Rabiot and his mother.

FdJ is just a fraud farmer transferring to play in a farmers' league against a bunch of farmers. Move on.

I say we pass on this Tulip Merchant, he's too indecisive.

An analysis of his game versus France that has seen him getting a lot of praise.
I'll be honest, i don't see a 75+ M€ player there.

I still would prefer Rabiot for free. 75M is a huge fee :(

I know enough about him. I like him but think he's overrated here and not worth 90M right now. .

One of the worst deals I have ever seen if the numbers are true. Ffs.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Some funny comments from January and also some big OOOOOF's [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] [MENTION=14527]te amo barca[/MENTION] [MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION] [MENTION=19224]raki[/MENTION] [MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION] [MENTION=22463]Joan[/MENTION]

What a great contributor you are to this forum. You deserve a medal.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

I acknowledged that I underestimated him later, in the CL knock-outs. Also was salty after the rumors that he chose PSG, which is why I wrote that.

Sorin

Man, what has happened with Joan? Probably contemplating life after his idol Valverde shat the bed once again in the CL.

VN10

What a great contributor you are to this forum. You deserve a medal.

Yeah, talking rubbish has it's consequences ;)

Well, I was probably also wrong myself. Calling De Ligt a bigger talent... So far Frankie is proving me wrong, and I couldn't care less. Super happy with how he establishes himself.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, talking rubbish has it's consequences ;)

Well, I was probably also wrong myself. Calling De Ligt a bigger talent... So far Frankie is proving me wrong, and I couldn't care less. Super happy with how he establishes himself.

I don't think I ever dismissed De Jong, just said we needed to move on when it was reported that he was on the verge of signing with PSG. We had to move on if that was the case.

VN10

I acknowledged that I underestimated him later, in the CL knock-outs. Also was salty after the rumors that he chose PSG, which is why I wrote that.

Haha yeah, was funny to read through some of the comments! People were super salty, and for good reasons! :D

Home of Barca Fans