21 - Frenkie de Jong

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
then our midfield will be spanked left and right

He's better defensively than Rakitic. Some people will get rattled or butthurt now, but he's simply way more athletic and gifted to make so many crucial defensive breaks.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This "muh Stamina" is getting way overblown. If the likes of Raktic and Busi ran as much as Arthur Fdj etc , they would be out of breath by the end of the 1st half.

DonAK

I agree with you but we don't have money for that.

Perhaps if we sell Coutinho and Rakitic both. Eriksen won't cost that much given he's rejecting every contract renewal offer and his contract runs out in one year. In 9 months he can sign a pre-contract.

Raketa10

Stamina wasn't the problem in the second half. In fact he had several important interceptions or tackles in the second half too. The game flipped with Ajax's chances coming more on quick breaks or fast transitions with Van de Beek also dropping deeper to protect the lead.

He was clearly dead tired in the last 20 min.

Raketa10

Perhaps if we sell Coutinho and Rakitic both. Eriksen won't cost that much given he's rejecting every contract renewal offer and his contract runs out in one year. In 9 months he can sign a pre-contract.

I doubt we'll sell Cou. Eriksen will probably end up in Madrid. Look we can't buy every single player. It doesn't work like that. We have two FANTASTIC young midfielders (Arthur and De Jong) so let's be grateful on that. We also shouldn't forget that Alena is more AM than CM so if he keeps developing we'll be more than covered. To be fair I would be much happier if we could finally develop ONE La Masia kid than to splash another huge amount on Eriksen.

Last edited:

DonAK

He was clearly dead tired in the last 20 min.

So was most of Ajax players in the last 10 minutes. They ran 10KMs more than Real Madrid who cover more distance than Barca in the Champions League.

Ajax and their players unlike our players actually press the ball carrier and move off the ball all the time while our divas stand there and look at the ball.

Zidane82

He's better defensively than Rakitic. Some people will get rattled or butthurt now, but he's simply way more athletic and gifted to make so many crucial defensive breaks.

Hopefully Raki was watching Frankie tonight and will hopefully change his mind about wanting to stay ..

I bet he’s starting to pack as we speak :)

mia7007

We don’t need Eriksen, play Coutinho in midfield better than spending 100-150m on midfield again.
We now have very strong midfield with Arthur and De Jong. Time to look at attack and get sub for Suarez, and may be sub for Pique as well. I like De Light a lot.
We also need to put an eye on Neres and Ziyech

cro-man

We don’t need Eriksen, play Coutinho in midfield better than spending 100-150m on midfield again.
We now have very strong midfield with Arthur and De Jong. Time to look at attack and get sub for Suarez, and may be sub for Pique as well. I like De Light a lot.
We also need to put an eye on Neres and Ziyech

The way cou is playing right now he is will play nowhere.

FC433

He can't play as a CAM.

True. I do not mean CAM the classic CAM. I mean more as an attacking midfielder, Iniesta type. This is how I see our traditional midfield in 433, Busquets CD(Defensive)M, Xavi CC(Central)M and Iniesta CA(Attacking)M

CDM: gets the ball
CCM: controls the play, changes the rhythm, changes the play
CAM: moves the ball forward, dribbles past players to create chances

Home of Barca Fans