Lautaro Martinez

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Told you guys this kid is it. You can see it from his first touch. He's just one of those players.
No fit here though while Messi is about but who knows with a different manager...

mc_lovin

It has nothing to do with Messi I suppose. I would rather assume he would be happy for another countryman. The question is how Suarez sees his situation/future here. He sounded like he contemplates leaving soon and would welcome competition (could be bullshit though).

Personally I would really like to see Messi behind Griezmann on the right and Martinez on the left. Its pretty much my last hope to make Griezmann a good fit here.

EdmondDantes

Argentina might have a shot in the upcoming Copa and WC....is this real life?

What they've lacked for ages has always been better goalies, better full-backs and CBs - even midfielders to a certain extent.

They've always been stacked up front.

I do like what's Scaloni's been doing though - calling up young and hungry players with Messi being the glue.

In 3 year's time, there's a chance they will put up a proper fight for 2022. Next summer Messi should aim to win the Copa America as well - they're looking to be the best South American side at the moment, and their new generation is only getting started.

soul24rage

What they've lacked for ages has always been better goalies, better full-backs and CBs - even midfielders to a certain extent.

They've always been stacked up front.

I do like what's Scaloni's been doing though - calling up young and hungry players with Messi being the glue.

In 3 year's time, there's a chance they will put up a proper fight for 2022. Next summer Messi should aim to win the Copa America as well - they're looking to be the best South American side at the moment, and their new generation is only getting started.

I am more hopeful for 2022. There are rumours that Musso (GK) from Udinese and Lucas Martinez Quarta (CB) from River Plate are moving to Inter Milan. Hope that is true.

It's already confirmed that Christian Romero (CB) from Genoa is moving to Juventus. There's also Lisandro Martinez from Ajax who could play at CB too.

The only question mark is the RB area for me. I'm not too fond of Foyth cuz he really needs to polish his decision making and rashness, but those comes with experience.

I agree with you that Argentina should try to aim to win the Copa America as they look to be the best SA team at the moment.

Andresito

Staff member
I'm leaning more and more towards him being Suárez' successor. If we can include Rakitic in that type of deal even better. This should be Suárez' last year of being undisputed and Lautaro should be grown into the role in 1 year from today.

devo901

If we can include Rakitic in that type of deal even better.

Hmmmm.... Who wants a 31 year old Rakitic? Chances are, he has one or half a season left ... and can offer this in a team that is middle of a european league, because everyone else has better options (namely a midfielder with legs). Plus he is not a leader personality either; unless I am wrong here....

FinBarcelonafan

I'm leaning more and more towards him being Suárez' successor. If we can include Rakitic in that type of deal even better. This should be Suárez' last year of being undisputed and Lautaro should be grown into the role in 1 year from today.

He looks good whenever I see him play but can he score enough compared to Suarez? Of course his overall game is much stronger nowadays than Suarez which would help our team for sure.

Porque

idk he has the most unmarketable name ever, I feel like there's 200 new Martinez every year

Aye true, but there is only one purple yam.

taro-snow.jpg

Home of Barca Fans