Lautaro Martinez

CatalinR10

Barcelona could have signed Lautaro Martínez in 2017 for 25 million euros. However, the then general director, Pep Segura, ruled out the signing because he thought he didn't have the required level. [betevé]

btw his value just got doubled on transfermarkt at 80 mil now.

Last edited:

Riordon

If we want him we have to pay 111m, no way around it. Thats a huge sum. He is very good though and I'm convinced he is the next great striker but constantly paying 100+m can't be sustainable in the long run.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

If we want him we have to pay 111m, no way around it. Thats a huge sum. He is very good though and I'm convinced he is the next great striker but constantly paying 100+m can be sustainable in the long run.

Agreed but if we would go for him , we would clearly sell some of our superstars.

Coutinho - Griezmann - Dembele

At least 1 of these 3 will clearly be sold.

Riordon

Agreed but if we would go for him , we would clearly sell some of our superstars.

Coutinho - Griezmann - Dembele

At least 1 of these 3 will clearly be sold.

For sure it will be Coutinho or Dembele, most likely Coutinho. Questions is who is willing to buy him for respectable money? As it stands now, its hard for me to see any club offer anything close to 70m. Also, we need a CB and midfielder where the name of F.Ruiz constantly pops up who will be another 100m+ transfer.

Riordon

100ME+ for Ruiz would be downright stupid.

Well, he is on his way of becoming one of the best midfielders in the world and I believe he will have an impact on our team since day 1 like Frenkie had. But we can't pay 100+m for him and then again for Lautaro.

The downright stupid thing was not to get F.Ruiz for first 15m, then 30m when we had the chance.

Donatello

If we want him we have to pay 111m, no way around it. Thats a huge sum. He is very good though and I'm convinced he is the next great striker but constantly paying 100+m can't be sustainable in the long run.

Completely agree, its not a sustainable model.

I'd only shell out big money for him if we could recoup a substantial amount from previous big money buys.

Remember, Dembele looked world beater at Dortmund. There are numerous things at play which could make or break a player despite how good he might look.

Even Real Madrid have moved away from that ideology. I think its time we do the same.

FC433

I think Griezmann is good enough as a CF and he can give us at least 3 more seasons. Get rid of Suarez and get a world-class LW.

LW/ Dembele AG/ Fati Messi/ Perez

Havesaks

Holy shit. Conte over Pep in the CL, or in general really?

I've not seen a more clueless comment on this forum ever since I've been here.

Ofc in chl. That was the topic after all.
Wouldn't underestimate Conte in general all tho he is a tier lower than Pep, its not like he hasn't been pretty good everywhere he has been at. In Chelsea he won the league with a squad which really wasn't expected at all to be a contender. His work a juve was also amazing, brought them back to glory and his inter side is looking really good at well. In Chelsea he didn't get support from their board, and in inter he operates a rather small squad. I think with klopp and Pep level support he could establish a team which would be top-notch.

FCBfan22

ı hope we don't buy him
we doesn't need this position

we need LW and this guy must be especially Neymar

:puke:

I won't say what I want to say...

Anyways, even SUAREZ HIMSELF has acknowledged that we need a CF than could carry on where he left of, since he knows tht his time is running out...

Sell Coutinho, sell Rakitić, sell Vidal and get Latuaro, a CB and a FUCKING NEW MANAGER.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ofc in chl. That was the topic after all.
Wouldn't underestimate Conte in general all tho he is a tier lower than Pep, its not like he hasn't been pretty good everywhere he has been at. In Chelsea he won the league with a squad which really wasn't expected at all to be a contender. His work a juve was also amazing, brought them back to glory and his inter side is looking really good at well. In Chelsea he didn't get support from their board, and in inter he operates a rather small squad. I think with klopp and Pep level support he could establish a team which would be top-notch.

Do you even know what you're talking about? Even Conte's mom wouldn't have him over Pep in the Champions League. Conte's CL record is the worst among all top managers. His amazing work for Juventus also lead to his Juventus getting eliminated in the Group Stages ending behind Galatasaray.

I don't think any manager has underachieved as much as him in the CL with the teams he's had.

And that poor team argument is rubbish as well.

He had Buffon in goal, a defence of Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli and Lichenteiner when he was useful. A midfield of Pogba, Vidal, Marchisio and Pirlo and Carlos Tevez as their striker.

And he ended 3rd in the group stages with 6 points.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans