Malcom

Messigician

Retardo would rather play Pique than Malcom at RB and you know it...

True but players like Alves were wingers converted into right backs. Our system needs more offensive fullbacks in order to get the most of out of it. I think Malcom has potential there if we give him a chance he has good pace and attacking instinct. Defence may suffer but not like Roberto is amazing defensively anyway.

Cule4life

The Culest
Can we implement a proper system and play players in their natural positions first before throwing up our hands and play musical chairs with positions?

FCBfan22

True but players like Alves were wingers converted into right backs. Our system needs more offensive fullbacks in order to get the most of out of it. I think Malcom has potential there if we give him a chance he has good pace and attacking instinct. Defence may suffer but not like Roberto is amazing defensively anyway.

Do you really think that Retardo is capable of converting players? He can't even rotate or read the game...

BBZ8800

Alves already played as a Rb, wingback, winger, attacker, midfielder at Sevilla.
He was already versatile and almost a world class at all positions.

So, it is not as we turned him into something new and totally different.
Malcom, on the other hand, is a attacking-winger.
It is questionable whether he can play in 442, not even to mention a RB.

Anyway, Dani Alves aged 23 in 2006' versus Barcelona, he was defending like crazy even before Barca's days:

Last edited:

Bulgroz

Buying a promising winger 42 millions right before a team which really wanted him was about to sign him, then thinking about turning him into a RW because he hasn't played in 2 months (including a couple weeks during which he was injured). Gotta love what football has become.

khaled_a_d

Buying a promising winger 42 millions right before a team which really wanted him was about to sign him, then thinking about turning him into a RW because he hasn't played in 2 months (including a couple weeks during which he was injured). Gotta love what football has become.

Think you meant RB?

Can we try him out at Right back? He may have to do that to survive at Barcelona like mascherano became a CB

How many left footed right backs have you seen in your life?

Messigician

Think you meant RB?

How many left footed right backs have you seen in your life?

Ah but Malcom has a very strong weak foot, Messi is the same a left footed player playing on the right.

If he cannot get a game here it is up to him to leave it reinvent himself like Mascherano did. Only question is whether or not EV can develop him defensively.

Bulgroz

Ah but Malcom has a very strong weak foot, Messi is the same a left footed player playing on the right.

If he cannot get a game here it is up to him to leave it reinvent himself like Mascherano did. Only question is whether or not EV can develop him defensively.

He's been here 3 fucking months ! Hope you're gonna soon ask for Lenglet to "reinvent himself" and become a striker to "get a game here".

Oh, and your point about "left footed player playing on the right" makes no sense. A left footed RW is pretty common. A left footed RB is almost unheard of (and that's the question khaled asked you). When you're attacking, YOU have the ball, and YOU can choose what you're going to do with it. Means you can decide to mostly play on your strongest foot. That's why it's not a huge problem. But when you're defending, you have to adapt to what your oponent is doing. If he wants to attack on your weakest foot, you're going to have trouble tackling or intercepting. Not to mention passes from the RB to the RW, which are way easier for a right footed player.
You could argue that there are right footed LB. And that's true. But once again, that wouldn't be an answer to khaled's question. Left footed players tend to overall have a very weak right foot, whereas right footed players can have a pretty good left foot (Jaroslav Plasil shoots left corner kicks with his right foot, and right corner kicks with his left foot). There are scientific reasons behind that (it's mostly about left and right brain, but I'm not an expert), and you can add to that the simple fact that left footed players are less common that right footed ones. So when you have a leftie and you want him on defense, it would be rather stupid to play him on the right, where he's going to have a lot of trouble defending.

Bah, not even sure why I bother answering actually, this whole idea seems so silly, you've got to be trolling me.

Givenchy

people suggesting he become a RB.. possibly the most retarded thing i've seen this year

nobody needs to reinvent themselves, its so simple. sack Retardo Valverde, get a manager who has a clue

hulinat

He will leave most likely in january already to Inter probably on loan with option to buy. His agent wants him to leave too and Retardo wont be playing him as he wasn't his signing.

Messigician

people suggesting he become a RB.. possibly the most retarded thing i've seen this year

nobody needs to reinvent themselves, its so simple. sack Retardo Valverde, get a manager who has a clue

Cool and if the manager isnt sacked then what does he do to get a game without leaving then huh?

Home of Barca Fans