Arthur

JohnN

It's not that the players aren't good. It's that they cannot make the difference in a game, except for Messi. We used to have game changers in xavi, iniesta, alaves, villa. We will keep being disappointed if we expect something like that from this squad without a really good system. Arthur was rakitic this game. As well as dejong.

Calidad

I don’t know why people humour, let alone bother responding to BBZ. He’s a full on WUM, who seems to revel in delight when 1 out of a 1000 predictions ends coming to fruition.

With regards to Arthur, he’s a talented CM who is and would be highly sought after if he was ever to be made available for transfer. There would be no shortage of suitors. He’s first choice for Brazil in his position and was for Barcelona until his recent injury/off field issues. He’s exactly the sort of profile we need at the club (mobile, good touch, pass and move, press resistant). He isn’t perfect and there is still more than enough time for him to develop further. He has the tools to succeed in his position.

He’s 23. Can anyone name me 5 other CM’s his age or younger who are as accomplished, developed, promising as he is? Are they first picks for a top international side, are they playing in one of the toughest leagues? I’d genuinely like to hear some names.

KingLeo10

I remember when I disagreed with someone who claimed Arthur was the best midfielder he had seen since Zico and was savagely attacked by Forum De Amigos for it. Since I believe in the art of forgiveness, I have moved on from this but an apology from you all in my private inbox would not go amiss. 😂😂

Yeah, I'm going to need evidence on that lie.

:lol:
:lol::lol:

KingLeo10

In the last 220 minutes

I am so glad that he liked an Instagram post how an evil EV is sacked.

He was actually thanking EV in that post (one of the few to do so) but lying is in your DNA so I'm not surprised you choose to misrepresent everything to suit your agenda when you could have made the point that Arthur has been poor last 2 games WITHOUT resorting to lying.

That's the problem with you. Won't be taken seriously until you get over this compulsion.

:lol: I think we should wait a bit more than 1 start after a long absence to collect on good or bad predictions. How about a full season under a proper manager... That will be a good start to properly evaluate the squad, and Arthur in particular.

This zealousness of trashing him after 1 game back from injury might give people the wrong impression.

For the record I don't think Arthur is a bad player at all. He is just monstrously overrated by this forum. I mean Zico is the White Pele, the greatest of all midfielders of all time and no one batted an eyelid when Arthur was compared to him. And it did happen KingLeo.

Also I don't think it's fair to use the 'under a good manager' card anymore. Many of this forum were begging for Setien. He has played under 2 managers now. We have had average managers for almost a decade now and numerous players thrived regardless.

Throw that 'under a good manager' card in the bin. Otherwise that card will be played in defense of average performing players for the next decade. It's time the players took some responsibility and stepped up regardless.

jairzinho

To be fair to Arthur, yesterday was his first full start in months(?) iirc.

How many minutes has he played recently? Could be a bit rusty.

KingLeo10

For the record I don't think Arthur is a bad player at all. He is just monstrously overrated by this forum. I mean Zico is the White Pele, the greatest of all midfielders of all time and no one batted an eyelid when Arthur was compared to him. And it did happen KingLeo.

Also I don't think it's fair to use the 'under a good manager' card anymore. Many of this forum were begging for Setien. He has played under 2 managers now. We have had average managers for almost a decade now and numerous players thrived regardless.

Throw that 'under a good manager' card in the bin. Otherwise that card will be played in defense of average performing players for the next decade. It's time the players took some responsibility and stepped up regardless.

In the courts, we usually bring evidence. If you want to be taken seriously, I'm going to need more than "trust me, it did happen".

My instincts tell me you fabricated the whole bit about Zico and Arthur. Here's two reasons:

1) You have a propensity for exaggeration and lying (no greater proof of this than your sig)
2) Any sane Barcelona fan would recognize that Arthur in his current level isn't even fit to lace Xavi/Iniesta's shoes. It follows without saying that Arthur can't be the best since Zico.

Calidad

So after about a total of 80 minutes under Setien, you’re now comfortable concluding that we’ve now “seen him under 2 managers”? Aside from the ludicrously limited number of minutes we’ve seen him or anyone else under Setien, he’s also just back from a lengthy period without playing. The time to make any sort judgement is at the end of this season, not after one appearance.

Christ.

Riordon

I dont want to go back 50+ sites but that Zico comment did happen and it was a couple of months ago. Some months ago there were lots of bs calling Arthur a top 3/5 midfielder, some even went as far as calling him the best right now..

Back to reality.

Last edited:

Andrew M

He needs to improve big time imo, injury layoff or not. Right now he seems like a loan with buy option at Napoli type.

BBZ8800

He was actually thanking EV in that post (one of the few to do so) but lying is in your DNA so I'm not surprised you choose to misrepresent everything to suit your agenda when you could have made the point that Arthur has been poor last 2 games WITHOUT resorting to lying.

That's the problem with you. Won't be taken seriously until you get over this compulsion.

Some posters have literally posted an Instagram post or a screenshot from FcBarcelona Instagram profile with a news: EV sacked.

From Barca's players, only 3 players have liked that post, iirc: Riki, Todibo and Arthur.

Now, I don't know whether that post was photoshoped, a fake news or a real thing.
Or whether Arthur has liked it and later removed a like.
But you can check EV's topic and some guys posted that pic back then.

Then, a few days later, majority of players posted pics of EV and said: thank you, mister.
Arthur did the same.

But now, we don't know whether Arthur has really liked the first post.
And whether his post with saying thanks to EV was just a PR, which is the most likely.

Further, remember that Arthur talked about EV when he was at Copa, something like: I can play more freely for Brasil.

So, there are some hints that he wasn't happy with EV.
Also, media said that EV was mad at Arthur for driving a scooter, snowboarding and about a possible STD scandal, partying with Neymar.
So, there is some smoke...
So, a news where he liked the post when EV was sacked doesn't sound that crazy.

In the courts, we usually bring evidence. If you want to be taken seriously, I'm going to need more than "trust me, it did happen".

My instincts tell me you fabricated the whole bit about Zico and Arthur. Here's two reasons:

1) You have a propensity for exaggeration and lying (no greater proof of this than your sig)
2) Any sane Barcelona fan would recognize that Arthur in his current level isn't even fit to lace Xavi/Iniesta's shoes. It follows without saying that Arthur can't be the best since Zico.

Ok let's play.

Arthur has been described here as one of the best midfielder ever (From that we can conclude a comparison with Zico) and compared to Zidane Scholes etc.

If I have proven to have exaggerated or lied about this I will delete my account.

If I trawl through the posts and find the post that said the above then you will delete your account.

And you of all people should know not to take my Sig seriously.

As the late great Tony Montana once said "I always tell the truth, even when I lie".

Let's play.

So after about a total of 80 minutes under Setien, you’re now comfortable concluding that we’ve now “seen him under 2 managers”? Aside from the ludicrously limited number of minutes we’ve seen him or anyone else under Setien, he’s also just back from a lengthy period without playing. The time to make any sort judgement is at the end of this season, not after one appearance.

Christ.

No, I have not judged Arthur under Setien, as you rightly said it is far too early. I just am not going to accept that the 'good manager' card is going to be played again IF he doesn't play well. Under this manager he has no excuses left - otherwise we will be making excuses for him forever.

George_Costanza

I dont want to go back 50+ sites but that Zico comment did happen and it was a couple of months ago. Some months ago there were lots of bs calling Arthur a top 3/5 midfielder, some even went as far as calling him the best right now..

Back to reality.

The only one who mentioned Zico in the past few months was me and had nothing to do with Arthur.

Home of Barca Fans