Arthur

Vilarrubi

Guy is class. I’m still convinced that if he’d played instead of Rakitic we’d have got through that Liverpool 2nd leg.

xXKonan

Guy is class. I’m still convinced that if he’d played instead of Rakitic we’d have got through that Liverpool 2nd leg.
Having Midfield who's best days are behind them with two of the CMs who aren't remotely press resistant against Liverpool's insane pressing is a fucking disaster.

Anyone could have seen that shit coming at Anfield after the first leg. The amount of chances Liverpool got at the Camp Nou should have been a massive warning to us but we didn't pay any heed to it.

Vilarrubi

Having Midfield who's best days are behind them with two of the CMs who aren't remotely press resistant against Liverpool's insane pressing is a fucking disaster.

Anyone could have seen that shit coming at Anfield after the first leg. The amount of chances Liverpool got at the Camp Nou should have been a massive warning to us but we didn't pay any heed to it.

Exactly. Valverde's tactical IQ is non-existent, he played the same midfield again based on the scoreline not the performance. 100% lived up to his nickname of Retardo.

xXKonan

Exactly. Valverde's tactical IQ is non-existent, he played the same midfield again based on the scoreline not the performance. 100% lived up to his nickname of Retardo.
It's the problem that I have had for years now.

The Midfield which for years was one of if not our strongest asset, became an afterthought because of the idea that we can have a great Frontline would help bail us out every way possible. Smaller teams and other Big teams figured out that they could hurt us by pressing our weak Midfield and keeping the front three quiet and leaving us in total disarray.

In the treble season, it worked but we still had the likes of Prime Busi, Iniesta, Xavi off the bench and Dani fucking Alves to go along with MSN. Since we lost those players or started to decline teams the tactics no longer worked and you see the problems we have in away games.

I have no idea how the fuck anyone would think a Midfield of Vidal-Busi-Rakitic with a slow ass front three of Coutinho-Suarez-Messi would somehow be good enough against Klopp's Liverpool at Anfield. It just fucking blows my mind.

serghei

Think so too. There's no way a player with his technique and composure wouldn't have passed through some of that pressure and connected with Messi and Suarez up front. 1 goal at 0-1 or even 0-2 would have deflated Liverpool.

We would probably be treble winners now if he played that game. But, alas, some managers are too stupid and cowardly to deserve that kind of glory.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans