Arthur

KingLeo10

I like how none of the reasons for not liking Rakitic AT THE MOMENT include the fact that he's declined to a shell of a professional footballer. No key passes, no goals, not even the ability to retain the ball and pass sideways these days. Everyone agrees that Rakitic was world class or near there for 14-15. But that's about it. He's become more and more of a liability since. But you'd rather write diatribes about Messi and the other seniors while ignoring this geriatric, likely because he's from your country.

But sure, label others as being part of the cult and peddle yourself as 'objective'.

:crbust:
:crbust::crbust:

JohnN

Reactive opinions are not to be taken seriously in my opinion. You either like, love hate or dislike someone. Maybe even something in between. Perhaps you can change your mind about someone when presented with a new perspective or evidence. But if your only reasoning for 'hatred' or 'love' or whatever is driven only by other people's thoughts and opinions then you are just being a contrarian without good reason. Blaming other people for a "collective mind hive" and a cult is one thing. Going as far to supporting and promoting nonsensical ideas by posting 1298123057235 lines of text just to go against the "sheeple" is plain stupid.

Riordon

Watching him against Argentina, his passing lacks just as much creativity as it does for us.

Looked on Twitter to see what people from Brazil say and they agree. Complain about his lack of forward passing, always passing to the side, saying he is not good enough for the NT team, can’t break lines through carry, it either him or Casemiro, he is not an interior. Look for yourself.
Same problems for Gremio.

It may not be Valverde nor the movement of our forward that is the reason for Arthur’s lack of creative passing but himself

xXKonan

Tite is a conservative coach who gears his creativity with the Forwards more than the Midfielders.

It has been the same story since he got there, that's his system. And Tite has been criticized for it as well by many fans as they think he's being too restrictive with his tactics.

Riordon

Tite is a conservative coach who gears his creativity with the Forwards more than the Midfielders.

It has been the same story since he got there, that's his system. And Tite has been criticized for it as well by many fans as they think he's being too restrictive with his tactics.

And for Gremio?

Always the tactics, never Arthur.

Andresito

Staff member
Watching him against Argentina, his passing lacks just as much creativity as it does for us.

Looked on Twitter to see what people from Brazil say and they agree. Complain about his lack of forward passing, always passing to the side, saying he is not good enough for the NT team, can’t break lines through carry, it either him or Casemiro, he is not an interior. Look for yourself.

It may not be Valverde nor the movement of our forward that is the reason for Arthur’s lack of creative passing but himself

You seem very biased against Arthur no matter what be does.

Looking at Brazil's Twitter it's mostly Paqueta who's being bashed, and the whole collective rather than Arthur alone.

Tackle

I reckon that it's sacrilege to bring up a young player's shortcomings to some blokes on here unless they're playing for Pep or Klopp.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Care to link these Twitter folks saying that? I'm curious to see what they said.

Very much looking forward to your response and links, thanks in advance.

Riordon

Care to link these Twitter folks saying that? I'm curious to see what they said.

Very much looking forward to your response and links, thanks in advance.

Search Arthur and search the latest post. Then you can see what the average fan say about him. Do it fast otherwise they will get lost in the masses. or atleast during the game

Plenty comments now that even favinho is more creative than Arthur and that he never passes more than 5 meters

DonAK

Search Arthur and search the latest post. Then you can see what the average fan say about him. Do it fast otherwise they will get lost in the masses. or atleast during the game

Plenty comments now that even favinho is more creative than Arthur and that he never passes more than 5 meters

I just read one guy say that neither Casemiro or Arthur are having a good game and the next tweet was some guy claiming Gerson was better than Arthur.

And then you have tweets like this:

[tw]1195411822431653889[/tw]

[tw]1195411772997586944[/tw]

[tw]1195411589706506241[/tw]

DonAK

Arthur definitely can and should improve his creative passing and final ball if he's to make it to the next level, but your schtick about him being average or mediocre is getting old now.

The guy had an outstanding Copa America and a good start to the season so far. Recently turned 23, in his second season in Europe.

Meanwhile you keep hyping up every other "wonderkid" that pops up....

Riordon

Arthur definitely can and should improve his creative passing and final ball if he's to make it to the next level, but your schtick about him being average or mediocre is getting old now.

The guy had an outstanding Copa America and a good start to the season so far. Recently turned 23, in his second season in Europe.

Meanwhile you keep hyping up every other "wonderkid" that pops up....

I have called him overrated but as I recall never average nor mediocre. I have said about him that he should improve his creative passing (not just final ball) and off ball movement both in term of work rate but also moving between lines. And that he really isn’t a interior.

But not average. I sad recently that he has improved

DonAK

I have called him overrated but as I recall never average nor mediocre. I have said about him that he should improve his creative passing (not just final ball) and off ball movement both in term of work rate but also moving between lines. And that he really isn’t a interior.

But not average. I sad recently that he has improved

Then we can agree.

Yes, and he's improving step by step. Not sure why you call him for overrated though. He's Barcelona's 2nd best midfielder.

I think a Frenkie-Arthur double pivot with an offensive midfielder in front of them is the way to go. Both played in a double pivot at Ajax and Gremio and it brings out their best qualities. Frenkie can be more aggressive and Arthur can do what he does best currently.

Riordon

Then we can agree.

Yes, and he's improving step by step. Not sure why you call him for overrated though. He's Barcelona's 2nd best midfielder.

I think a Frenkie-Arthur double pivot with an offensive midfielder in front of them is the way to go. Both played in a double pivot at Ajax and Gremio and it brings out their best qualities. Frenkie can be more aggressive and Arthur can do what he does best currently.

The overrated thing is mostly to those calling him the best midfielder in the world, better than Thiago/Verratti, etc. He is one of the best young midfielder in the world but thats it for now.

Agree with your last part. Frenkie and Arthur has played in a double pivot in most of their time at the top level, and both are really not lone DM’s nor interiors. So I believe a double pivot is the way to go with them.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans