Arthur

Sorin

Easily best player on the pitch. What a gem we have on our hands and for only 30m. In fact, both our best mids, which are world class even, have been bargains.

Sailor Mars

Best player of the season so far. Every time I watch him play, I'm reminded of Rakitic constantly losing the ball in the 4-0 disaster class against Liverpool. Arthur should've started that game.

aqua2nd

Yes, but because the team is so poor in terms of movement, his pass success rate is much lower. He forces the passes too much now. Basically the opposite of last season, when he played it safe too often.

It is not possible under this manager to play progressive passes and keep a very high pass success rate. In short, he plays more vertical passes, but also loses the ball way more because he tries to find players who are not moving off the ball.

The 'system' of Valverde is limiting him and De Jong so much. He basically has to lose some good parts of his game in order to achieve some other things (like goals, assists, vertical passes etc.). Normally with world class players like Arthur and De Jong, if the manager knows what he is doing, they should be able to keep 90+ % pass success rate, and very low turnover numbers while maintaining their output offensively.

I don't know Arthur's passing numbers in terms of consistency tonight, but it must be a little over 80%. Which is under his usual numbers by 10-15%. A lot at this level. And we played a team who is rather poor in defense.

Right at 90%, he rarely dropped below 90% mark

serghei

Best player of the season so far. Every time I watch him play, I'm reminded of Rakitic constantly losing the ball in the 4-0 disaster class against Liverpool. Arthur should've started that game.

We'd be sitting on 6 CLs probably now.

Right at 90%, he rarely dropped below 90% mark

All is good then. What we need to fix is his amount of passes and touches. Same with De Jong. Increase their numbers, and drop the numbers of Alba in terms of passes and touches, which are insanely high for a fullback.

When you have two special talents like Arthur and De Jong, you can't have fecking 30 years old Alba being the most passed to player. It's fucking dumb.

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Easily best player on the pitch. What a gem we have on our hands and for only 30m. In fact, both our best mids, which are world class even, have been bargains.

105 spent total for him and Frenkie. I was thinking earlier how much Frenkie will be valued at in about two years time. These two combined could easily break the 300 million mark.

Just wait until Xavi gets a hold of those two and Ansu. Ansu in particular has given me some serious hope to cling to in these dark, dark days that we might actually have someone who can come close to filling Messi's impending void.

Just goes to show dumb-dumb's complete ineptitude. Anyone who says we don't have the quality of players is a fool. You'd think scoring goals like this as a CM would warrant you an automatic spot in the starting XI but unfortunately you never know with our genius manager behind the wheel.

Nello

Arthur and De Jong give me hope for the future. Their talent on the ball will outlast even EV's limiting and destructive tactics.
I don't care how many tackles Arthur make per game, his quality in possession and off the ball movement brings far more to this team than Vidal or Rakitic ever will, no matter how many tackles they make.

Our future midfield setup should be build around and suited to Arthur and De Jong's strengths, which fortunately are plentiful. Under the right coaching and setup I believe they can dominate any other midfield in the world especially if paired with another young and skillful midfielder, ideally someone with a more offensive skillset. Puig actually has a suitable profile, don't know if he'll be good enough tho. Looking forward to the day EV hopefully will play the three as a midfield trio, would be exciting to watch.

serghei

Puig can be incredible as well if he will bulk up a bit. Alena would improve as well with more confidence and a better manager. Everything is related to Valverde. We cut him off and bring in a guy like Ten Hag, we're gonna be hard to contain.

The resources we have are incredible.

And we still have French beast Todibo who's not even played yet. He can be the real deal too. The tall, strong and fast CB we need.

Last edited:

aceshigh

if Gremio had asked more for a midfielder, Barça would NOT buy him.

Gee, Everton was the best player at Copa America, better than Messi, Suarez and Cavani (at Copa America). And no big european club tried to pay his transfer fee.

The logic is: "if it's untested in Europe, it's too risky".

We can see how well that worked for Arthur (untested in Europe) and Coutinho (tested in Europe)...

[youtube]BT16rhvot04[/youtube]
[youtube]rjZdkbrvs60[/youtube]

Last edited:

Jcar

Everton really is a monster, i as a brazillian don't understand how he is still here.

I find funny that those clubs from Europe wants us to sell our best players for peanuts.
Everton has my seal of of quality all over him. He is an winger that is not afraid to drible and also know how to cross realy well. And he has goals on him. He is like a weaker Neymar.

Gremio just renewed his contract. Brazil still has talent like Pedrinho (Corinthians), Antony (São Paulo), Matheus Henrique & Jean Pierre (Grêmio) and some more.

Athlético Paranaense just sold Renan Iodi to Atlético de Madrid, but they still have fucking BRUNO GUIMARAES (MONSTRUOUS DM, FUCKING GREAT) and the good Léo Pereira as CB.

Brazil has lots of talent, you guys just have to do your scouting. Even Fluminense has the likes of Joao Pedro and Allan, And Fluminense is having a really bad season.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans