Pep Segura

Joan

Makes sense since there was a report today that he's no longer an agent for players.

There are 2 options. He might be coming as a board member or the rumor is based on him nolonger being an agent.

xXKonan

What I hope is these guys already have the prime targets nailed down and possible alternatives before we make any changes.

I mean can I be hopeful? :lol:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What I hope is these guys already have the prime targets nailed down and possible alternatives before we make any changes.

I mean can I be hopeful? :lol:

It's a tall order to expect this board to plan ahead for transfer windows.

If Griezmann rejects us, then the next target is likely Thiago. What similarities between the two for one to be the alternative to the other? None. Are the board just looking for a name or do they actually care about profile and squad needs? Why does it seem that if we don't get Griezmann we're not gonna pursue another striker? You'd think they'd have decided "hey we need an elite starting caliber forward" before deciding to go for Griezmann in the first place, and that the need wouldn't just magically disappear if he rejected us.

On the other hand, why is Thiago considered 'not a key target' for us now but would be once Griezmann declines? Do they think we need a midfielder but only if we don't get Griez? Where's the logic?

Same thing last summer. They flipped between Coutinho to Verratti and then back to Coutinho once the other fell through. Yet they are completely different players that fulfill different needs. Again, no logical reason to think of one as the alternative to the other. And now we're stuck not knowing if Cou is a winger or a midfielder and what we need to fill next. I doubt the board or sporting department gave much thought to that dilemma.

Also happened with Dybala/Dembele who they were pursuing as Neymar replacements. One is a forward/false 9 and the other a winger. Barely any similarities, and quite a big difference in terms of where they'd fit in the team. You can tell they make these decisions with 0 regard for the formation or tactics we use, because the way we'd structure the team with each player is completely different.

The pattern here is that they're just looking for a big name to drop. Something to 'stand out' in the transfer window performance and gain them favor with the fans.

Even if we'd signed Griezmann AND Thiago it would've been for all the wrong reasons, for the publicity. Not because they had a clear vision of what kind of profile we're looking for in players and what the squad needs.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

More overly dramatic rubbish from DonAndres.

If Griezmann can come it is a great signing at 100m in a position Suarez is declining fast in. Nothing to do with 'publicity'. It is an opportunity looking towards the next few years more than a complete desperation to get in him in now.

Thiago has seemingly become available when he was not in past and looks to be back on the table.

Likes of you moan when Barca dont move for top players then moan when they do about it all being about 'publicity'.

Moan when think not going for Thiago then moan when think they are.

Same old shit.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Lol Jam with the daily mental gymnastics to glorify Farto's plan.

They don't know what they're looking for. Just going through a laundry list of big name players on the market with a vague set of conditions on what kind of player it'll be.

You can easily tell when a team is looking to fill a role vs looking to make a statement with a big name. It's obvious in their transfer activity and rumors. Look at transfer news for almost every other team and you can see a pattern in their targets, similarities in their alternatives for the position they need. They know what they're looking for and stick to that plan, not flip flopping around random targets that have no connection to each other and fulfill completely different purposes.

That doesn't mean a publicity transfer is necessarily bad. James for RM was clearly a publicity transfer, yet he's still a great player who did well for them.

But when a board lacks any technical plan (which Barca definitely have) and chronically rely on publicity transfers you know they don't know what they're doing. And there's pretty much no team more guilty of this than Barca in the past few years, save for maybe Man United.

I'd be happy going for Thiago, that doesn't mean I'm suddenly gonna succumb to the deluded belief that the board has a keen insight on the targets their chasing and how it fits into their vision of a squad rebuild.

JamDav1982

You are naive if you think the way teams operate is that they have one position they want to strengthen each summer and only look at targets for that.

Barca liked Coutinho as seen him as Iniesta replacement and can play in forward line.

Barca liked Veratti as also wanted to strengthen the CM options.

When it became clear early in summer that Coutinho would be almost impossible to get they moved for Veratti. When it became clear Veratti was staying and Neymar left Coutinho jumped right back to top of agenda again as now needed not only more in midfield but cover for Neymar.

That is what happened last summer not some random jumping back and forth.

This summer Griezmann is a opportunity at a great price and now Thiago may also be in area Barca still want to strengthen.

You just dont have much clue and go over the top as usual.

It has nothing to do with 'publicity' and that from you who was moaning about them not taking Thiago back and now think they might you flip it and find another reason to moan.

Standard.

FCBfan22

Oh, I see that this thread will become more full of shit than Segura himself...

Nah, that's not possible.

:lol:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Oh, I see that this thread will become more full of shit than Segura himself...

Nah, that's not possible.

:lol:

Don't speak so fast, you've only been reading Jamdavs bile for a year after all.

I'm not gonna entertain that horseshit excuse for an argument any longer. Any Barca fan with half a brain clearly knows that this board and the administrators have butchered the sporting project to the best of their ability with minimal consideration for the squad's needs. He can keep barking at a wall for eternity, his delusions aren't gonna change the consensus observation of what this board is and how it has performed.

JamDav1982

Don't speak so fast, you've only been reading Jamdavs bile for a year after all.

I'm not gonna entertain that horseshit excuse for an argument any longer. Any Barca fan with half a brain clearly knows that this board and the administrators have butchered the sporting project to the best of their ability with minimal consideration for the squad's needs. He can keep barking at a wall for eternity, his delusions aren't gonna change the consensus observation of what this board is and how it has performed.

Haha you keep your overly dramatic bile as you are either too deluded or dim to realise what has happened with the transfers last summer and this.

More parroted lines that dont even stand up as have disagreed with plenty of the boards decsions particularly in terms of midfield transfers when you lauded the likes of Rakitic and Rafinha as Barca 'being set' while I said midfield was nowhere near strong enough.

You freaked out last summer in similar way when Coutinho was possibly to be signed and claimed Barca would be the laughing stock of world for signing him..... comments you went back and deleted haha.

Now you make a fool of yourself by spouting off about incompetence when think Thiago wont be signed and now saying same when think he may be.

Same old clueless shit.

khaled_a_d

If Griezmann rejects us, then the next target is likely Thiago. What similarities between the two for one to be the alternative to the other? None. Are the board just looking for a name or do they actually care about profile and squad needs? Why does it seem that if we don't get Griezmann we're not gonna pursue another striker? You'd think they'd have decided "hey we need an elite starting caliber forward" before deciding to go for Griezmann in the first place, and that the need wouldn't just magically disappear if he rejected us.

On the other hand, why is Thiago considered 'not a key target' for us now but would be once Griezmann declines? Do they think we need a midfielder but only if we don't get Griez? Where's the logic?

Why alternatives have to be same position? what is the logic in that? This team is flexible with many versatile players and now aren't fixated on 433 which means we can have flexibility
Coutinho being able to operate in midfield and left winger means we can reinforce one of those lines and Cou will play in the other line
You get Griezmann, then you put him in attack and move Couto midfield, you get Thiago/Eriksen and you put Cou in attack. They probably prefer the 1st situation over the second

Also happened with Dybala/Dembele who they were pursuing as Neymar replacements. One is a forward/false 9 and the other a winger. Barely any similarities, and quite a big difference in terms of where they'd fit in the team. You can tell they make these decisions with 0 regard for the formation or tactics we use, because the way we'd structure the team with each player is completely different.

We never ever tried to get Dybala, it was always Dembele for us. And teams always has internal discussions and it is normal there were a party that prefered another player over the primary target

jamrock

You are naive if you think the way teams operate is that they have one position they want to strengthen each summer and only look at targets for that.

Barca liked Coutinho as seen him as Iniesta replacement and can play in forward line.

Barca liked Veratti as also wanted to strengthen the CM options.

When it became clear early in summer that Coutinho would be almost impossible to get they moved for Veratti. When it became clear Veratti was staying and Neymar left Coutinho jumped right back to top of agenda again as now needed not only more in midfield but cover for Neymar.

That is what happened last summer not some random jumping back and forth.

This summer Griezmann is a opportunity at a great price and now Thiago may also be in area Barca still want to strengthen.

You just dont have much clue and go over the top as usual.

It has nothing to do with 'publicity' and that from you who was moaning about them not taking Thiago back and now think they might you flip it and find another reason to moan.

Standard.

How do they operate then @ the first part of your of your post.

When pep went out & signed a bunch of defensive players fif he & his team set out to strengthen the forward line & just happen to sign 2 full backs?.

When Jose signed Lukaku, did he really want a right winger, & wasn't specifically planning to get a CF.

When we signed semedo did we really actually want to sign a goalkeeper, we didn't set out to strengthen that specific position?.

I'm just wondering.

Home of Barca Fans