Paulinho

Arkk

im trying hard to be patient and not complain all the time but this has got to be a bad joke.. Paulinho? from the Chinese league? WTF is our board doing, imagine if the two Brazilians are our only midfield signings... holy shit this summer could potentially be even worse than Gomes and co. if this is all to keep Neymar happy then i say fuck it, sell neymar for a huge fee and bring in Dembele and Verratti

buy Paulinho, that Lima guy and probably blow 60mil remaining on Bellerin is our boards plan :lol:

Last edited:

Messi983

If Valverde is considering playing 4-2-3-1 then it's undestandable we are looking for more DM type of players. I know our main target is still Verratti and if we get him I think we'll stay with 4-3-3 as base formation but he could also easily play alongside Busi in 4-2-3-1. All other rumoured targets except Lima so far are more suitable to play as second DM or box to box midfielder alongside Busquets in 4-2-3-1. I think Valverde will choose the formation according to the players he'll have so if we can't get Verratti I think we'll look for a different type of midfielder and I don't think people should get crazy about that until we see what plans Valverde really has for his team.

I also think that we can't totally exclude selling of Rakitić if we get a good offer but of course replacing him with Paulinho who's the same age wouldn't make much sense.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Problem is, Valverde never played two DMs together at Athletic so it makes little sense to suggest he want that now, nor is it very practical.

Would be better having a B2B midfielder or a controlling midfielder alongside Busquets. If you want a B2B MF, you have Roberto or Andre Gomes even if we assume Rakitic gets sold, although he's apparently given assurances he will not.

If you absolutely want to sign a B2B MF, then Bayern just got one in Tolisso. Why would you sign a player that didn't do too well at Spurs, is decent, but not good enough to start, for a 30-40m fee? Also 29 year old.

That's assuming we sign him of course, but he confirmed he has an offer although he might be leaning towards staying in China for the money.

You can look at all the positives you want, but this is shambolic IMO.

xXKonan

Lucas Lima,Paulinho Honestly if these guys want a Brazilian Midfielder what about Napoli's Allan? I feel like he would fit our style of play better than Paulinho and Lima that's for sure.

ronniecro

if this happens i honestly hope messi leaves,he's gonna waste his last few years as a player if he stays in club with players like andre gomes,paco,lucas lima and this guy

Last edited:

Richard.H

Pray to the lord that Paulinho is a smoke screen for something else. This is a very cruel joke. Game of Thrones level of tragedy if this happens...

DonAK

40m on Paulinho would be a dagger in the heart for most of us, and the team itself.

However expect a few people to praise this signing and find something logical out of it.

Then people wonder how this board keep winning or keep staying in their jobs being under no pressure.

xXKonan

Watch us get linked with Renato Augusto next.

I mean I don't understand why we are linked with guys like Paulinho? I laughed off the original rumor because it came from G-O-A-L but Globo reported our interest was real and they're considered very reliable. I don't get our Sporting Department at all did they seriously forget we already have the same profile players here as Paulinho?

I just hope if he's on our list he's at the bottom of it and not a big priority.

DonAK

For every day that passes, I hope Rosell is rotting even more in prison.

Hopefully the United States' request for extradition comes soon and is fulfilled.

xavi_the_Boss

Sport and MD both have him on their front page.:worthy:

Still think there is nothing in this and lol at Globo who said he is going to Bayern just a month ago btw.

DonAK

After Song, Douglas and Vermaelen, I would never be too sure about the limits of their stupidity or incompetence.

Blaugrana Man

Even with all the madness we've had to withstand from the board over the past few years, I genuinely don't know what the hell is going on anymore.

Home of Barca Fans