Paulinho

LeeRomeno

Except that's exactly what he is, you don't need an agenda to think this.

And that fact is completely irrelevant regarding his performances for Brazil and Barcelona. Paulinhos story has been covered so many times and the reason why he was considered a flop as well. Nothing to do with his skills and how he can help us and has helped us.

Senador Romario

Except that's exactly what he is, you don't need an agenda to think this.

Salah is a Chelsea reject. KDB too. I dont know if its your case but the problem with these international football sites is that the average fan tend to be people from non-footballer countries where their main sport is cricket or ping-pong lol.

That said i would sell Paulinho to open a spot for Arthur. No doubt.

God Serena

And that fact is completely irrelevant regarding his performances for Brazil and Barcelona. Paulinhos story has been covered so many times and the reason why he was considered a flop as well. Nothing to do with his skills and how he can help us and has helped us.

His past performances were something worth judging him on prior to his signing and thus far he has failed to live up to his 40m transfer value, indicating his prior history might be worth taking a look at. The past few months especially have been pretty awful, as his limited passing and dribbling abilities have been even worse and his goal threat has vanished entirely. If you think there is no relation between a player having little top flight European experience outside of a failed stint at a mid table team, and performing poorly for a top flight European team years later, you're free to have that opinion, but just as we can look at players like Deulofeu failing at Everton/Sevilla and make acknowledgements about that when he comes here, or judge Douglas as one of Sao Paulo's worst players prior to him ever signing for us and knowing damn well we signed a joke of a player when he performed poorly.

Salah is a Chelsea reject. KDB too. I dont know if its your case but the problem with these international football sites is that the average fan tend to be people from non-footballer countries where their main sport is cricket or ping-pong lol.

That said i would sell Paulinho to open a spot for Arthur. No doubt.

Except those two have proven themselves to be much better than their past. Are you saying Paulinho is the same way? A world class player who just got the short end of the stick in his career?

And what does the country I'm from have to do with anything? I've lived the game since I could walk, practically. Whether I live in Spain or Minnesota doesn't mean anything.

ronniecro

you're really comparing salah and de bruyne cases with paulinhos?salah and de bruyne were quality enough to gain interest from europe top 5 leagues while paulinho had to go to china

LeeRomeno

His past performances were something worth judging him on prior to his signing and thus far he has failed to live up to his 40m transfer value, indicating his prior history might be worth taking a look at. The past few months especially have been pretty awful, as his limited passing and dribbling abilities have been even worse and his goal threat has vanished entirely. If you think there is no relation between a player having little top flight European experience outside of a failed stint at a mid table team, and performing poorly for a top flight European team years later, you're free to have that opinion, but just as we can look at players like Deulofeu failing at Everton/Sevilla and make acknowledgements about that when he comes here, or judge Douglas as one of Sao Paulo's worst players prior to him ever signing for us and knowing damn well we signed a joke of a player when he performed poorly.

Dunno, he has been good enough in last couple of games, had a stinky period true, but so did Suarez for example and he has plenty of experience in Europe. There is no connection between someone flopping in another league and hitting a bad form. If Paulinho would have been awful from beginning, like Douglas, then sure. Also, there are far more elements in player failing in a club than him being just bad. There is element of where he is played, what is the connection with coach and what type of football is expected from him. Paulinho did fine in Spurs until AvB was fired and he was never really trusted after that. He only went to China as he was sure to get gametime and make his way back to national team.

God Serena

Dunno, he has been good enough in last couple of games, had a stinky period true, but so did Suarez for example and he has plenty of experience in Europe. There is no connection between someone flopping in another league and hitting a bad form. If Paulinho would have been awful from beginning, like Douglas, then sure. Also, there are far more elements in player failing in a club than him being just bad. There is element of where he is played, what is the connection with coach and what type of football is expected from him. Paulinho did fine in Spurs until AvB was fired and he was never really trusted after that. He only went to China as he was sure to get gametime and make his way back to national team.

He's been average in the past couple of games, after an extended period of extremely poor form. Suarez has had his fair share of poor performances, this is true, but his overall class as a player still showed even when underperforming. When Paulinho has a bad game, it's not just bad, it's 16 completed passes, 0 shots on target, 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 0 key passes, 0 dribbles... in 90 minutes. Saying we're playing with 10 men is a common thing to say when a player is performing poorly, but with Paulinho we very often might as well be. In that sense, I think looking at his past history is very valid. If you look at Suarez's past history you wouldn't see a mediocre forward we should have never signed, in comparison.

LeeRomeno

He's been average in the past couple of games, after an extended period of extremely poor form. Suarez has had his fair share of poor performances, this is true, but his overall class as a player still showed even when underperforming. When Paulinho has a bad game, it's not just bad, it's 16 completed passes, 0 shots on target, 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 0 key passes, 0 dribbles... in 90 minutes. Saying we're playing with 10 men is a common thing to say when a player is performing poorly, but with Paulinho we very often might as well be. In that sense, I think looking at his past history is very valid. If you look at Suarez's past history you wouldn't see a mediocre forward we should have never signed, in comparison.

Actually you should look at why he suddenly drops in form and his massive amount of games in a row, no summer break and playing important role in National team is far more important than what he did some years ago in a totally different league. Top players go from La Liga to Premier and flop and other way round and then some players do good in both. It is all individual and has very little relevance.

PhilS

I'm so glad Messi brought him to Barca, he has been one of the best bargains from last summer. I expect the goals to flow again soon, he has been involved with so many scoring opportunities recently. Barca has had such a long list of midfielders who have tried and failed to become integral members of the team recently, I look forward to Paulinho continuing to be in the first 15 or so next season.

JamDav1982

I'm so glad Messi brought him to Barca, he has been one of the best bargains from last summer. I expect the goals to flow again soon, he has been involved with so many scoring opportunities recently. Barca has had such a long list of midfielders who have tried and failed to become integral members of the team recently, I look forward to Paulinho continuing to be in the first 15 or so next season.

Messi didnt bring him.

Obiaseti

Maybe he'll benefit from going through some coaching sessions at la Masia. Learn positional discipline and how and where to create space. When to drag defenders and where to do so. He has qualities but he needs to work on how to best influence the game with those qualities.

ASordidGod

Don't want to scapegoat, but imo him in cm is one of the main reasons we have very little control. Can't tackle without committing a foul, can't pass, can't create, can't dictate, and hasn't even looked like scoring for ages. Time for a spell on the bench, surely.

5ergio_Busquets

Don't want to scapegoat, but imo him in cm is one of the main reasons we have very little control. Can't tackle without committing a foul, can't pass, can't create, can't dictate, and hasn't even looked like scoring for ages. Time for a spell on the bench, surely.
Add to that he slows the play down by needing too long and too much space to control the ball and a longer time to make a decision on what to do with it.

Home of Barca Fans