Matthijs de Ligt

BarçaBarça

That is some retarded shit! Tobido is a lot weaker than De Ligt physically, calling De Ligt fat or slow is a meme and only confirms that you haven't watched a single match.

De Ligt is much more important than 28 year old Griezmann.
You'll see De Ligt shine at Juve next year, and see Barca's central defense fail.

Anyone who berates De Ligt is either a complete fool or is salty that we didnt get him.

The dude is a top 10 central defender, with skills insanely fitting for Barca besides also being a true leader, all at 19 years old.

About who is more talented:
De Ligt is a bigger talent than De Jong and can reach a higher potential, while also being better currently. De Jong is a more rare player than De Ligt though.

Of course we are bitter, who wouldn't be? That said, he is not the perfect barca-profile like De Jong is.

"De Ligt is much more important than 28 year old Griezmann." <-- What does that even mean? How would you ever determine that? Griezmann is a genius-signing, but De Ligt has way more hype, that's right.

Jenks

It's an awful deal for Ajax. United would have thrown £80m at them there and then if it was on the table.

VN10

Of course we are bitter, who wouldn't be? That said, he is not the perfect barca-profile like De Jong is.

"De Ligt is much more important than 28 year old Griezmann." <-- What does that even mean? How would you ever determine that? Griezmann is a genius-signing, but De Ligt has way more hype, that's right.

:lol:

He is not the perfect barca-profile? Rofl! Damn, I feel for you sir.

What it means? We have a lacking central defense and for Griezmann's position we already have Dembele. Sure Griezmann is a good signing, but De Ligt was needed more. Way more.

FCBfan22

What it means? We have a lacking central defense and for Griezmann's position we already have Dembele. Sure Griezmann is a good signing, but De Ligt was needed more. Way more.

Disagree. If signing Griezmann means benching Suarez for a player who works defensively (unlikely with Valverde, but miracles do happen), this could be one of the most important signings in recent years, to bring us CL success. We would finally defend with 9 outfield players.

BarçaBarça

De Ligt was only needed more if:
1) Pique declines very fast, after one really great last season.
2) Umtiti never comes back to his level.
3) Todibo flops and isn't the prospect the club and all other clubs thought he would be.
4) Suarez could magically be better than now, where he is fat, lazy, secure of his starting-spot, misses clear chances every 5 minutes and is invisible in CL.
5) We bought another CF than Griezmann that would be as good.

I would say that the issue with Suarez was waaay more important last season and will be even more important next season than our CB's.

I'm not saying that De Ligt is bad, he is a world class talent. But we bought Umtiti out of the blue for 25M 3 years ago, and he was world class, so calm down with the doomsday talk of our defence. It is way easier to find CB-talent than CF-talent.

VN10

De Ligt was only needed more if:
1) Pique declines very fast, after one really great last season.
2) Umtiti never comes back to his level.
3) Todibo flops and isn't the prospect the club and all other clubs thought he would be.
4) Suarez could magically be better than now, where he is fat, lazy, secure of his starting-spot, misses clear chances every 5 minutes and is invisible in CL.
5) We bought another CF than Griezmann that would be as good.

I would say that the issue with Suarez was waaay more important last season and will be even more important next season than our CB's.

I'm not saying that De Ligt is bad, he is a world class talent. But we bought Umtiti out of the blue for 25M 3 years ago, and he was world class, so calm down with the doomsday talk of our defence. It is way easier to find CB-talent than CF-talent.

1) He has one good seaon after a few - arguably - bad ones. Who says that won't happen again, he even got older and became more interested/invested in things outside of football.
2) Well, are you willing to take the risk. He's insanely prone to injuries.
3) Todibo wouldn't even start at Ajax, he is a talent but not anything special. See him as Mina (or that Brasilian dude who already left again) type of investment.
!) Lenglet is not of a level we should want as a starter.
4) Agreed Suarez is a problem, but we could play Messi as a striker with Malcom and Dembele flanking him. Coutinho, Suarez and some talents as back up is fine.
5) Central defence is way more important. We have Messi in attack, he counts for 2 or even 3 attackers.

De Ligt was a MUST buy, you will see during the season.

BarçaBarça

1) He has one good seaon after a few - arguably - bad ones. Who says that won't happen again, he even got older and became more interested/invested in things outside of football.
3) Todibo wouldn't even start at Ajax, he is a talent but not anything special. See him as Mina (or that Brasilian dude who already left again) type of investment.
4) Agreed Suarez is a problem, but we could play Messi as a striker with Malcom and Dembele flanking him. Coutinho, Suarez and some talents as back up is fine.
5) Central defence is way more important. We have Messi in attack, he counts for 2 or even 3 attackers.

1-3) My point was, that all of these must happen for De Ligt to be a must-buy. Both Lenglet declining, Pique declining, Umtiti not coming back and Todibo being a new Mina or Marlon. I'm hopeful that not all of those will be true at the same time, while I'm certain that our attack would be in shambles if we relied on our current players.

4) Fine, then it is clear that we disagree. Malcom-Messi-Dembele is not a solution for me. We need WC-attackers and Malcom is not that. Griezmann is that, and that will help determine the league title and how far we go in CL, imo.

Fine, let us see, but just don't think that Malcom could just as easily have bagged all the assists/goals/defensive work Griezmann will do in the everyday+biggest matches.

Raketa10

I agree that De Ligt is a WC talent but you tend to overreact massively in this thread. I get that you are in love with De Ligt :) but De Jong is currently a better player and much better fit not to mention we needed him much more than we needed De Ligt. I can't understand how some of you don't comprehend that there are some priorities and we can't sign every single talented young player out there. There are also other clubs apart from Barca. Next year there will be another talented CB out there and we'll be fine if Umtiti manages to stay healthy. Regarding Todibo, nobody knows how good can he become but I am OK having him as a 4th choice for now.

Saying that Messi counts for 2 or 3 attackers is just wrong. Nobody can play alone and last year he basically carried us single-handedly so providing him a bit of help in attack is crucial!

Last edited:

Devils

That is some retarded shit! Tobido is a lot weaker than De Ligt physically, calling De Ligt fat or slow is a meme and only confirms that you haven't watched a single match.

De Ligt is much more important than 28 year old Griezmann.
You'll see De Ligt shine at Juve next year, and see Barca's central defense fail.

Anyone who berates De Ligt is either a complete fool or is salty that we didnt get him.

The dude is a top 10 central defender, with skills insanely fitting for Barca besides also being a true leader, all at 19 years old.

About who is more talented:
De Ligt is a bigger talent than De Jong and can reach a higher potential, while also being better currently. De Jong is a more rare player than De Ligt though.

Lmao.

I've seen enough of De Ligt to know that Lucas Moura (The Brazilian Theo Walcott) sent his obese ass back to weight watchers.

I'm not going to worry about missing out on your stroopwafel merchant playing with the geriatricos in bum Serie A, fatboy.

#TeamTobido.

We move.

clemente

messi + half crocked dembele and a mediocre malcom= MSN 2.0 :lol:

Wasn't Dembele our best player after Messi when he was healthy? Why do you hate him so much? He was the most exciting player in Europe in Dortmund, just unlucky with injuries here, he choked vs Liverpool but not many players can be sharp subbed in at 88min after injury.

malvolio

Wasn't Dembele our best player after Messi when he was healthy? Why do you hate him so much? He was the most exciting player in Europe in Dortmund, just unlucky with injuries here, he choked vs Liverpool but not many players can be sharp subbed in at 88min after injury.

actually i like him and want him to succeed at barcelona. but wanting to go into next season(like VN10 implies) with him and malcom as starters is just naive and stupid.

once dembele gets a full injury free season, we can talk of him taking a starter spot in the team.

abbbs97

If Raiola wasnt de Ligt's agent, he would've signed with us a long time ago. Juve fans wont be chanting his name in 2 years when he moves De Ligt to United. So, I'm glad we didnt sign him. Not worth it to deal with Raiola and especially not for a CB.
[MENTION=23569]VN10[/MENTION], I get that you're a huge fan of De Ligt but are you seriously saying that Todibo wont start at Ajax and that he's like Mina? There's a reason why a lot of clubs (Juve included) wanted him back in December. I guess we'll see whether you're right or not, but he has huge potential even though he may not be as talented as De Ligt.

Messigician

Lmao.

I've seen enough of De Ligt to know that Lucas Moura (The Brazilian Theo Walcott) sent his obese ass back to weight watchers.

I'm not going to worry about missing out on your stroopwafel merchant playing with the geriatricos in bum Serie A, fatboy.

#TeamTobido.

We move.

Deluded

Home of Barca Fans