Matthijs de Ligt

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Calma. Much more reliable Moises llorens said that de Ligt refused the 250k offer a week from United and apparently doesnt want to go to the PL. Barto and Co. will try to convince him to join Barca.

Really reminds me of the de Jong case. OJO merchant said the exact same thing about De Jong before he joined us. That guy is getting more unreliable each year.

Who is this Moises Ilorens?

Newcomer

lets see what the actual wages are first. 10mil + 6 in bonus is probably around the same amount we offered De Ligt which is fair imo but the kid and his agent put pure greed ahead of football

Juve, Bayern, City, Liverpool and PSG were also chasing De Ligt, something must of scared them away as 75mil asking price from Ajax is a snip

I have not seen PSG quoted with de Ligt since de Jong transfer to Barcelona.

News about Bayern and Juve was that he had already chose Barcelona so there was no chance.
There are no reliable news about Liverpool being in for him. They rarely chase the same type of players that the rest of big boys are in for.

And we will see his price. I think he will cost 80 M+ like de Jong, not 75 M. At this price, PSG is out. PSG was trying to get de Jong at 60 + bonus. With FFP, we are not that rich transfer fees wise. Reason why we target free players like Herrera, Alves, Buffon, Choupo-Moting.

Campos

No team builds around a CB.

They will build a whole new team.
And he will be their new leader.

Barca couldn't even guarantee him a starting spot.

So ya, future wise...not as bad of a choice as you might think! Still 9 out of 10 people would choose Barca above Man United.

But guys lets chill. He didn't sign anything yet. Barto could still save the day. He did the same with Frenkie. :)

Vahue

Considering Barca's CB situation, it wouldn't be horrible to lose out on De Ligt. There are other positions that need strengthening more urgently.

abbbs97

Considering Barca's CB situation, it wouldn't be horrible to lose out on De Ligt. There are other positions that need strengthening more urgently.

I disagree. We have no proper back up for Pique next season. He can get injured any minute or turn to shit like we saw the beginning of this season. Who will replace him? I really think that if de Ligt does come here, he must start over Pique if he shows that he can do it, and he will.

Vahue

I disagree. We have no proper back up for Pique next season. He can get injured any minute or turn to shit like we saw the beginning of this season. Who will replace him? I really think that if de Ligt does come here, he must start over Pique if he shows that he can do it, and he will.

I think Todibo is a great talent that should be given more minutes next season. Also there's a possibility of Umtiti being healthy. So Pique, Lenglet, Todibo and Umtiti should be enough.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Everybody (especially those of you who want us to lose the CdR) should be watching the DFB Pokal final right now between Leipzig and Bayern and watch how good Konate is. Like a tower.

Let's forget De Ligt and get Konate. Faster than De Ligt too.

abbbs97

I think Todibo is a great talent that should be given more minutes next season. Also there's a possibility of Umtiti being healthy. So Pique, Lenglet, Todibo and Umtiti should be enough.

Todibo isn't experienced enough like de Ligt. He should go on loan. Would you trust him against teams like RM or in CL matches? Also, no chance EV starts Todibo.
I think we should get de Ligt and sell Umtiti and loan Todibo. Make de Ligt starter as soon as he shows his worth, which I believe he will. We need to be ruthless in this sense. Barto should go to Amsterdam and convince de Ligt just like with De Jong.

M

Medz

There's a lot of centreback options, who cares if we dont get De Ligt. WE NEED A STRIKER!!!!

Todibo can be good,if not there's players like Konate and Upamecano

Newcomer

They will build a whole new team.
And he will be their new leader.

Barca couldn't even guarantee him a starting spot.

So ya, future wise...not as bad of a choice as you might think! Still 9 out of 10 people would choose Barca above Man United.

But guys lets chill. He didn't sign anything yet. Barto could still save the day. He did the same with Frenkie. :)
People like to dismiss this but if United does 4/5 great buy this year, they are easily top 4 in England and in CL again.

I don't like or dislike Manchester United but they have money and can rebuild very fast. Even with their lack of quality, they almost made it to top 4 this year when de Gea had one of his worst season for them. They have no teamplay but they always rely on being efficient in the two goalkeeping areas.
De Ligt to lead their defence with a de Gea in good condition, 2 good midfielders, 1 good forward and 1 right back. Still gaps but decent enough to best Arsenal, Chelsea or Tottenham.

M

Medz

People like to dismiss this but if United does 4/5 great buy this year, they are easily top 4 in England and in CL again.

I don't like or dislike Manchester United but they have money and can rebuild very fast. Even with their lack of quality, they almost made it to top 4 this year when de Gea had one of his worst season for them. They have no teamplay but they always rely on being efficient in the two goalkeeping areas.
De Ligt to lead their defence with a de Gea in good condition, 2 good midfielders, 1 good forward and 1 right back. Still gaps but decent enough to best Arsenal, Chelsea or Tottenham.

What..? They've been boring and dissapointing for like 4-5 years straight. Yes, they make good signings but they all flop. Di Maria, Falcao, Sanchez, Fred,
Depay,Darmian, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Bailly, Mhitaryan, Martial and even Pogba is flopping right now.

When will this "building" be finished? All these signings for nothing?

Givenchy

What..? They've been boring and dissapointing for like 4-5 years straight. Yes, they make good signings but they all flop. Di Maria, Falcao, Sanchez, Fred,
Depay,Darmian, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Bailly, Mhitaryan, Martial and even Pogba is flopping right now.

When will this "building" be finished? All these signings for nothing?

Pogba isn't really a flop.. if you look at his stats, hes up there but hes more let down by the quality around him

Home of Barca Fans