Ernesto Valverde - V1

Neymessi

I see what you’re saying but the psychological blow of crashing out in such a disastrous way two seasons in a row will be damaging. Valverde has shown he can’t take the team far in Europe, but is good domestically, kind of like Conte at Juventus.

No. Ev will shit his pants and be exposed as a massive fraud if we were in the Epl right now. It is way more competitive and more proper teams than La Liga in the last 2 seasons.

Anyone could have made us win the league with Messi and RM and Atletico being that shit. People took so much offense back then when I said it's not big deal winning here compared to EPL right now but it's the truth.

FCBfan22

Thinking about it, EV is taylor made for Serie ZZzzzzz. Uninspiring, defence first, slow tempo football with little intensity.

Look where is the Italian league (except Juve) now, since 2010.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
No. Ev will shit his pants and be exposed as a massive fraud if we were in the Epl right now. It is way more competitive and more proper teams than La Liga in the last 2 seasons.

Anyone could have made us win the league with Messi and RM and Atletico being that shit. People took so much offense back then when I said it's not big deal winning here compared to EPL right now but it's the truth.

Don’t understand the point of this post, I wasn’t even defending valverde.

xXKonan

Translation?
Says while Valverde talks about being supported by the board, they do keep a short list of possible successors in case he goes.

But Valverde also has the support of the "Sacred Cows" aka the Vets in the Lockerroom and that means something.

Barcilliant

Many managers even high profile politicians have been given the ‘backing’ in the past only for them to get sacked days later .

I’m still hopeful we will get the Ajax manager, hopefully they’re well into talks with him as we speak :)

No way I want Ten Hag.

He certainly did well with those youngsters but wouldn't be able to replicate it with our geriatrics. They wouldn't be able to work and press as hard. He's also not a big personality. He didn't adjust well to Spurs aeriel bombardment in the second half. All Pochettino did was put on Llorente to be a target man and the rest is history.

Havesaks

Don’t understand the point of this post, I wasn’t even defending valverde.

Hahaha :lol: r this made me actually laught!
It was just The typical auto-evHate response you got from Neymessi or whats his face.

Anyway, I agree with your psychological concerns. But still. Fresh blood is a start: griez, de jong. De ligt, lb. Valverde needs to act, let the usual suspects not feel to safe in their starting spot.
Its not like im oblivious to the concerns one might have to Ev, but I still think those posts which doom us to epic fail, Are out of proportion. We will have a good chance for the double - and that it self is pretty good, and chl isnt impossible. Sure, Ev needs to step up, and if we go out in The quarters again Ib similar fashion, we need a change in manager Seat. But The way EV accomplishments have been treated in this forum, Are so disrecpectfull, that I litteraly cringe.

jairzinho

If the board is keeping him then ffs revamp the team. Even if we won CL, the core players are old.

Alba (30), Busquets (30), Rakitic (31) Messi (31) Vidal (31)
Suarez (32), Pique (32).

Messi and Vidal will be 32 before next season starts. Would be crazy if we went into next season with all of them still here.

Ideally, Suarez and Rakitic should leave now. Vidal is a toss up. The rest can stay on this season.

George_Costanza

Ideally, Suarez and Rakitic should leave now. Vidal is a toss up. The rest can stay on this season.

Those players are backing Valverde for a reason. I'm sure if the board fire Valverde and hire a new manager, players like Suarez, Rakitic, Busquets...etc will be at risk of losing starting position and some of them would be sold for sure.

We will have another season of those shit old players starting every game. Who will be penalized by this bata coach? New signings and youngsters.

Havesaks

Could get awkward :)

De Ligt has told his representative that to choose the Blaugrana team he wants to have the style of always, making it clear that he does not want Ernesto Valverde at the head of the squad,

https://www.donbalon.com/futbol/laliga/condicion-ligt-fichar-barca-no-gustara-valverde

Thats so much BS. Since when does a 19yo who is about to transfer Have anything to say in that matter. Maybe he isnt fan of evs style but its not going to be a deciding factor whatsoever

jairzinho

Everybody knows that Valgreen is a serial bottler in Champions League.

But i doubt that would stop De Ligt from coming here. He wants to play with Frenkie and Messi.

Don Andrésº8

Thats so much BS. Since when does a 19yo who is about to transfer Have anything to say in that matter. Maybe he isnt fan of evs style but its not going to be a deciding factor whatsoever

Its impressive how a 19 years old kid knows more about Barça than this shitty board and coach, hoping for De Ligt to pick another team, he will be a flop with Valverde and De Jong also, waste of world class talent

Don Andrésº8

No way I want Ten Hag.

He certainly did well with those youngsters but wouldn't be able to replicate it with our geriatrics. They wouldn't be able to work and press as hard. He's also not a big personality. He didn't adjust well to Spurs aeriel bombardment in the second half. All Pochettino did was put on Llorente to be a target man and the rest is history.
Lol you prefer lolverde style of football? The guy wins agaisnt real and juve with tadic as striker and some noobs here dont want him lol. Zeroooo notion

Home of Barca Fans