Ernesto Valverde - V1

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
RM is going to be losing a bit of that depth this summer. For sure.

Morata, Isco, and James are all candidates to leave. Still hope we can snag Isco on a bosman. That'd be fun to see.

Trickykid

RM is going to be losing a bit of that depth this summer. For sure.

Morata, Isco, and James are all candidates to leave. Still hope we can snag Isco on a bosman. That'd be fun to see.

No way Isco is leaving with that end to his season. Didn't he just sign an extension as well, or was that just rumours?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
No way Isco is leaving with that end to his season. Didn't he just sign an extension as well, or was that just rumours?

He hasn't signed an extension yet, as far as I can tell.

RM risk losing him for free if they don't sell this summer.

El Flaco

Isco: "Don't worry Real Madrid fans, I'm staying"

Said after when Madrid secured the league after their 2-0 win over Malaga.

He hasn't signed an extension yet, as far as I can tell.

RM risk losing him for free if they don't sell this summer.

He will probably sign an extension of his contract and it's gonna be annouced after the CL-final I think.

Messi983

If we want to sign cheap winger who will be a squad player Deulofeu is not that bad choice, he showed signs of improved at Milan. But still I don't want to pair him up a player like Bellerin at RB. If he comes he has to earn his place in the squad even as a substitute.

For me decision about bringing back Deulofeu or not depends on what will be Valverde's system. If he'll stay with 4-3-3 then Deu is ok as a backup to Ney/Messi (he wouldn't play much anyway). If we'll change to 4-2-3-1 then we need to get a starting caliber RW which Deu is not. In that case we can use Vidal and possibly Denis/Rafinha as backup wingers and don't really need to bring back Deulofeu.

JamDav1982

Having MSN commited for at least two more years (I believe) means we are forced to go after small potatoes in terms of forwards. Having just Paco wasn't enough, I hope he brings that Valencia form next season, but we are desperate for a backup in front.

The way Bilbao are they wont sell Williams for less than buy out even if he hasnt been that great.

Windhook

The way Bilbao are they wont sell Williams for less than buy out even if he hasnt been that great.

I'm just naming one player with good potential, that's all. He is no Morata or Isco to cost us 70m, he is quick as Neymar, although lacks the technique. Anyway I'm not going to roll over all night and cry if it doesn't happen.

I think you'd agree with me, we need one more forward on the team. We had a poor form Suarez for months and we backed him up with Paco who was even in worse shape than the Uruguayan.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Wonder how the difference in temperament between Valverde and Lucho will play out with the team. Lucho was always fairly intense. Combative with the media, maybe even sometimes with the players. It was good for incentivizing the team and motivating them when we were down, though he was almost always stubborn with his tactics and decisions. Valverde will almost surely have a better relationship with the media. Many of his former players genuinely seem to like him and say that he's a fantastic person. Ander Herrera, Williams, Marcos Senna, etc. all hold him in very high regard. I've heard that his relationship with his players is good and close, whereas we always noticed a certain distance from Lucho at times. Valverde's more reserved/sensible/flexible as a coach from what I've seen over the years but maybe his relatable/human nature can be an effective rallying tactic to motivate the players. There's certainly never been any lack of 'fight' in Athletic when they played for him. If he can win over the core of Messi/Iniesta/Pique/Neymar/Suarez with his personality, then he has a very good working base to succeed. I think, especially after their comments, the players know that this season was not up to their level and they do want to prove themselves next year. If RM win the CL, they might be even more determined. A fresh project could revitalize some players who needed it.

Home of Barca Fans