Ernesto Valverde - V1

serghei

He did rotate vs. Leganes.

Of all the starters against Roma the following did not start vs. Leganes: Alba, Umtiti, Busquets, Iniesta.

Plus Messi was coming back from international break where he sat out 2 consecutive games.

I would believe the tiredness excuse if the team did somewhat well and started going downhill after an hour or so. We got dominated from start to finish though. And that's never down to EV only. He did fuck up with the formation (4-4-2 vs. 3-5-2) and never reacted to the obvious which is a big concern in itself but this club somehow never puts blame on the players except the fringe players who rarely leave the bench anyway, like Gomes. It's always "Fraudrique, Fraudverde, Patata". With the quality gap between Roma and Barca this team should be able to see out a 4-1 advantage even without a coach.

True. It's also on the players big time. But the manager should be able to motivate his players. It's one of his attributes. When you sign for a big club, you win in some areas, you lose in others. You have higher quality players, but these players can lose focus easier, and put up more flat, spirit-less performances, acting like they're better just by name and status, not by proving it out there on the field. It would be unfair to credit Valverde when the players play well and are sharp and focused, like in the Copa final, and to blame it on the players when they show up not caring and not being as focused. The manager is supposed to handle these issues. He is supposed to make sure his players show up, ready to match the kind of adversity that is thrown at them.

Valverde is the person in charge with the management of the team, and when the team is proven to be of great quality, but isn't showing it in the big games in CL, it's the manager's fault mostly.

Last edited:

pepi

Yeah maybe Wenger has lost it really, haven't watched Arsenal in ages, may be the results are speaking loud enough...

George_Costanza

Yeah maybe Wenger has lost it really, haven't watched Arsenal in ages, may be the results are speaking loud enough...

Most Arsenal players are losers with a weak mentality and the management was happy not spending big on stars to save money for the shareholders. Arsenal was actually a selling club, this won't be the case in Barcelona. Wenger is not my first or second choice but won't be too upset if he manages this Barcelona. He has a long-term vision which what we need now, to plan post-Messi era in few years, Wenger mistake is he stayed too long at Arsenal, everyone needs a new challenge now and then.

FC B

nonsense, doesn't fit here and is under contract with Liverpool, some of you aren't very realistic or just look at what seems fashionable

He'd fit very well given he has free hand on transfers and for rejuvenating the squad to fit his ideas and style. Realistically there isn't one single high profile name that is suited for rebuilding Barca and Klopp is one of the very few who can do that here!

Lmao. Klopp would destroy our team within half a season. Klopps heavy metal football demands crazy intensity and pressing. Our team is old and cannot do it every game. I am a Klopp fan but currently he would not be a good fit for us.

I want Valverde out but I must admit there are very few good options out there. Heynkes and Allegri come to mind. We need a manager who is proven at the highest level not some newbie who's done well at a lesser club. Someone like Sarri gives me Valverde vibes.

Klopp would rebuilt this team from the foundation because as you stated it is too old and complacent, we desperately need a major overhaul with significant changes in the squad. Then Barca will be more than suited for heavy metal football or at least some of it for the begining. For me that is the perfect fit at the time, rebuilt, remotivate, rejuvanate and became once again a fiersome team with hunger, intensity, beautilful football and thus great results!

xXKonan

Cadena Ser claims, Valverde isn't happy with Robert because Valverde wanted Inigo Martinez and Robert bought Yerry in.

gr98

Cadena Ser claims, Valverde isn't happy with Robert because Valverde wanted Inigo Martinez and Robert bought Yerry in.

[tw]988540833573081090[/tw]

Also says that Jordi Cruyff could be the new sports director, he was offered the B team but refused.

Devils

I'm all for criticizing Robert when he messes up but that is just so fucking stupid from EV and Robert should not lose his job over that.

khaled_a_d

Robert is the one who brought EV in the 1st place. Doubt this rumors are true. But there were rumors before he didn't want to renew anyway

George_Costanza

Robert is the one who brought EV in the 1st place. Doubt this rumors are true. But there were rumors before he didn't want to renew anyway

Sure Robert brought him here but who says relation between them can't change. You can tell the way EV treated Mina and what he said about him that it was more personal. Also, from what I heard Pep Segura and some of the board members including Barto aren't happy the way he treats Dembele and final irritation came in Roma's game.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Very much doubt Robert and Valverde are on bad terms. They played together and Robert picked Valverde as our manager.

Also I don't believe Valverde asked for any player. He doesn't strike me like a man that would be that involved in transfers as pep was, for example.

Any new manager coming here knows his biggest job is to make these star players blend together and avoid rocking the ship and senior players hierarchy.

And he managed to stay afloat and, contrary to all predictions, steer the ship towards domestic double.

I am also pretty sure that next season we will play better football. Coutinho alone is guarantee for that. And if we get Griezmann... :)

Home of Barca Fans