Ernesto Valverde - V1

Sterlingfan2000

The only reason we lost was because our front attacker, (Messi Suarez) were walking in the pitch and Rome playing long balls and using their physics to bully us.

xXKonan

That's where EV fucked up. There's no place for naivety in the CL knockout rounds.

Trying to hold on for dear life. He was basically playing rope a dope for the entire game. Hell you could even say Russian roulette with his tactics.

Hopefully he learns and improves next season. Don't try to play like an Athleti or one of those past Italian teams that can defend a 1-0 lead to the death unless you have the players to do so.
As I said earlier this team isn't built to defend deep without the ball like Atletico and Juventus can.

We already have two immobile turtles sitting up top and Valverde is asking a Slow Busi,Rakitic and Iniesta+Whoever starts out at RM to work overtime to pick up the defensive slack those two are leaving+ the already defensive duties they have in the first place.

Iniesta and Busi aren't like Rakitic. Rakitic is slow as balls but he provides Height+Physicality that would be good enough for a team to sit deep and defend. Iniesta and Busi? nope, Busi is tall but like Iniesta their strengths lie in Possession and controlling the Midfield and in Iniesta's case also provide creativity as well.

But this current Iniesta is nowhere near like he use to be. He doesn't have the energy or physicality to be able to sit deep and defend like Valverde wants him to and it's the same with Busi who while not as old is not exactly some physical beast.

For me it's time to start building around the technical players we already have along with adding more players that fit the technical profile. that's what Barcelona should really be about. having Physicality is good as there's good players out there that provide the technical and physicality as well. We just simply should load the team up with just Physical only players and ignoring the technical players.

Givenchy

I just cant get over that Roma shit.. its not even about Liverpool dismantling them i just cannot believe EV made zero subs until the 70th min and it was Gomes who came on. next season I can see more of the same now he has the boards backing, maybe we'll go chasing Inigo and other average players, we could make our midfield even slower and add Parejo finally. I also thought he was one for promoting youth but hes more Mourinho 2.0 by the day.

Barcilliant

That Roma loss will haunt us for years. It will terrible in all aspects.

Look it's time Barca started thinking about physicality and more variations in play. It's clear that to win the cl you need speed and muscle. I am sick to death of our weak, turtle like midfield. Get Kante and bring a proper b2b midfielder. Iniesta is probably leaving, Busquets gets exposed in the CL.

Get a new striker, Suarez is old and washed up.

henias

You must be dim as a broken street lantern.

I listed the most prestigious coaches in the world and their huge failures in the CL in recent times (unless you consider conceding 6 to Monaco with the most expensive team of all time or conceding 4 in a CL final good coaching). My point was that, if even the most prestigious coaches are prone to these failures then replacing Valverde with Oscar Garcia, Sarri or Setién (the level of coaches Barca could realistically appoint right now) would guarantee fuck all in the CL next season.

Your response to this point I made was brabbling something about me making no sense and something about Madrid playing offensive football and Klopp being the best coach if he wins the CL. Don't know what's wrong with you. If you have language problems: Ich spreche deutsch. If you have drug problems: stop posting.

Lol, deluded I see. You literally broke down offensive and defensive football by these scorelines and concluding offensive football is a flop and we have to play defensive. Which is the stupidest thing I have heard all year.

If that's the case, we played defensive and still got dominated and battered in every way possible.

Obviously every coaches will be prone to losses, but Valverde's tactics and methods are definitely foolproof ways of getting knocked out of big competition. And how many of them have the luxury of coaching Barcelona?

None of the coaches you mentioned ever just stood watching doing nothing when your team is crumbling in front of your very eyes. If that's considered a prestigious coach, I dont what is. Tata then can also be considered "a prestigious coach" because he won the league as well.

So how many seasons are you going to give Valverde just so he can achieve this non-existent success. 3-4 seasons? So he can use up Messi's prime and then it is ready for him to pack his bags?

The point I made is to tell dimwits like you that you cant break down offensive and defensive football like this and then concluding offensive football is a failure in big competition. If Klopp or Zidane wins the CL, won't that destroy your stupid logic that offensive football is a failure?

Lol and dont have to talk about language and whatever the fuck problems when you are contradicting your very self in the most useless and illogcal argument I've seen.

Don't worry, those coaches you mentioned wont do fuck all but EV will surely do fuck all in such competitions. Go figure.

jamrock

It's not the lost or garuantee success in the CL there is no such thing, it's about the system & preformance, every top coach as taken a licking in the CL but to go to a far inferior team and play the way we did, to stand there and only bring on gomes for iniesta so late in the game is another level of ineptitude.

Ursegor

World Champion
Lol, deluded I see. You literally broke down offensive and defensive football by these scorelines and concluding offensive football is a flop and we have to play defensive. Which is the stupidest thing I have heard all year.

If that's the case, we played defensive and still got dominated and battered in every way possible.

Obviously every coaches will be prone to losses, but Valverde's tactics and methods are definitely foolproof ways of getting knocked out of big competition. And how many of them have the luxury of coaching Barcelona?

None of the coaches you mentioned ever just stood watching doing nothing when your team is crumbling in front of your very eyes. If that's considered a prestigious coach, I dont what is. Tata then can also be considered "a prestigious coach" because he won the league as well.

So how many seasons are you going to give Valverde just so he can achieve this non-existent success. 3-4 seasons? So he can use up Messi's prime and then it is ready for him to pack his bags?

The point I made is to tell dimwits like you that you cant break down offensive and defensive football like this and then concluding offensive football is a failure in big competition. If Klopp or Zidane wins the CL, won't that destroy your stupid logic that offensive football is a failure?

Lol and dont have to talk about language and whatever the fuck problems when you are contradicting your very self in the most useless and illogcal argument I've seen.

Don't worry, those coaches you mentioned wont do fuck all but EV will surely do fuck all in such competitions. Go figure.

Dude I didn't say anything about offensive or defensive football. Are you being a clown on purpose?

henias

Dude I didn't say anything about offensive or defensive football. Are you being a clown on purpose?

So who is this manager who comes to Barca, plays attractive attacking football and also guarantees CL success against the big boys? Would like to hear that name.

You are trying to say attacking football is the problem that doesnt guarantee us CL success but then you went ahead and shoot yourself in the foot when u said Allegri lost to Real and Mourinho to Sevilla, who are both defensive minded coaches.

So what has attacking football has anything got to do with guaranteed CL success?

Yea keep acting dumb, we'll see who the clown is.

Gaudi

Main problem for me is speed, all teams left in CL play dynamic football. This obviously trumps everything as Handerson, Millner, Ox mid showed, created many chances even though neither would be considered world class. Tempo is currently dominating football.
My biggest concern is what I mentioned earlier....is dynamic football compatible with our wish of "Barca DNA" style? Yesterday everyone was in awe of Salah but watch how much space he had, now imagine Messi with that amount of space?!
But that space didn't come from coincidence, It came from moving the ball fast.

Ursegor

World Champion
You are trying to say attacking football is the problem that doesnt guarantee us CL success but then you went ahead and shoot yourself in the foot when u said Allegri lost to Real and Mourinho to Sevilla, who are both defensive minded coaches.

So what has attacking football has anything got to do with guaranteed CL success?

Yea keep acting dumb, we'll see who the clown is.

Ridiculous how people don't understand basic communication these days.

I said none of what you are implying. I asked a rhetorical question: If Valverde is fired then which coach will come, guarantee attractive football as well as win?

The last sentence did not imply "attacking football is a problem". It implied that a lot of elite coaches (like Allegri or Mourinho) do not play attractive football which makes it even more difficult for Barca to find a suitable replacement who ticks all boxes.

You read what you what you want to read.

You can't even name who you want to replace Valverde with.

henias

Main problem for me is speed, all teams left in CL play dynamic football. This obviously trumps everything as Handerson, Millner, Ox mid showed, created many chances even though neither would be considered world class. Tempo is currently dominating football.
My biggest concern is what I mentioned earlier....is dynamic football compatible with our wish of "Barca DNA" style? Yesterday everyone was in awe of Salah but watch how much space he had, now imagine Messi with that amount of space?!
But that space didn't come from coincidence, It came from moving the ball fast.

Which is why Barcelona was missing Dembele on the flanks. Look how easily Salah exploited the right flank as opposed to having Roberto on the right.

George_Costanza

^^^ [MENTION=14062]Gaudi[/MENTION]

I kinda agree, we played fast tempo against Sevilla and destroyed them. That was one-offs! The issue is we have slow ass players occupying the midfield, like Raki, Paulinho, and Gomes.

Also, we need a manager who can motivate the players. I just can't see Valverde the type of manager that the players will fight for. Although Real has tactically inept, crossing merchant manager, they keep winning the biggest trophy. If you have best of both worlds, meaning tactical knowledge and charismatic manger like Pep or Klopp then the club will do extremely well. Add some WC players to the mix, then you will have a golden generation.

henias

Ridiculous how people don't understand basic communication these days.

I said none of what you are implying. I asked a rhetorical question: If Valverde is fired then which coach will come, guarantee attractive football as well as win?

The last sentence did not imply "attacking football is a problem". It implied that a lot of elite coaches (like Allegri or Mourinho) do not play attractive football which makes it even more difficult for Barca to find a suitable replacement who ticks all boxes.

You read what you what you want to read.

You can't even name who you want to replace Valverde with.

First of all, I dont think anyone wanted Mourinho. I dont know how you even come up with Mourinho when Valverde is a second one.

People already state they want an attacking coach as a fundamental and one who rotates heavily in preparation for CL matches.

Second, none of the elite coaches had the luxury of coaching Barca and Messi.

I wanted Setien, Sarri or Tuchel. And how would you know they would do "fuck all" in the CL? At least people won't be watching drab football and still exit in the most humilating way against the weakest CL opponent.

Would like to see Valverde's name in Barca history books for a treble or newfound CL success, the man who stood by and did nothing and can actually be on the same level as "prestigious" coaches according to you.

Home of Barca Fans