Ernesto Valverde - V1

henias

appears to be second name for so many barca fans nowadays. Cannot enjoy 3-0 beating of archrival in CL knockouts, but instead comes to forum to whine and worry about how top teams will beat us. Same story ive heard entire season, hasnt happened yet lol.

:goodpost:

George_Costanza

Damn. That list gives me no confidence. None of those managers would command the respect of our players.

Why? Do we have rebellious players or big egos in the dressing room? The only big ego we had left to PSG. We did try the strong personality manager route already and know that didn't work. We also tried manaers who impelmented a phlosophy that isn't suatable for Barcelona and failed/failing. Those listed managers would be better suited for us than Conte or Allegri.

Some of you are to harsh on him. I think he was having amazing season till February... He was having amazing results with one of the worst Barca squads in last few years Then we got Coutinho and Dembele, and he was forced to find a system where thoose 2 could play, but he couldn find it yet. That i believe was his biggest minus or lets say mistake... He definitely deserves another year!

PhilS

The effect of the manager on the team's performance is overrated, in most cases. There are a very small number of exceptions, due to exceptional skills of a particular manager. Pep, for instance, has helped so many players develop. And look at Pep's success in CL with City and Bayern!

Valverde has gotten improved play from Alba, Iniesta, Messi, Vermaelen, Rakitic. Coutinho has integrated very well, Paulinho had a very fine first half of the season. Losing Neymar was a huge blow, the team got past that amazingly well. With the available personnel, the 4-3-3 just could not work, Valverde deserves a lot of credit for the success of the heretical conversion fo 4-4-2.

Developing the depth of the squad needs to improve. I think the problem has been the underperformance of several players who have had their chances, but sure, those are not feathers in Valverde's cap.

If no regulars other than Iniesta leave, all this team, with this manager, needs is two new players. One needs to be high quality: Greizman (or Aspas?) will solve a lot of problems. Bring in a RB or RB/CB, then S. Roberto can improve the midfield depth. This player does not have to be a star, Digne level would be enough.

FCBfan22

If he goes into this match like vs Roma, we will lose for shure. Unless the Sevilla manager plays Muriel in attack. Then we have a chance.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That man is going to be our next President after Bartomeu. I wonder if people actually know that :lol:

LeeRomeno

When did I say trophies don't matter? How delusional are you?

Now you're saying Pep's football here at FCB was boring? Talk about being in the minority :lol: :lol:

Yes, we've played shitty, cowardly football this season. If it wasn't for Messi and Real dropping the ball in the league early on we'd not be winning any of these 'trophies' you are drooling over. Get a grip mate, go cheer Chelsea if you're interested in shitty defensive football.

a) Okey, let me rephrase, trophies are most important, everything else comes second
b) It was not always, but against parked busses it was, no creativity, no chances, just passing to each in midfield, hence boring
c) No we have not, if it werent for Messi, we probably would have missed on alot of other trophies as well, what goddamn out of date idiotic statement and no, I do not care for defensive football, neither have we played one.

Home of Barca Fans